1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Vape

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by philo358, Sep 24, 2021.

1. philo358

philo358 Fapstronaut

Since I’ve started PMO 27 days so far .I seem to Vape a lot more another addiction I need to quit….

Wicket W. Warrick likes this.
  2. Do you use nicotine in your vapes?

I have friends that quit smoking by using vapes and reducing the nicotine content over time. The only dependency then is having something in their hand which isn't too bad. Cut out the addictive stuff and you will be grand.

philo358 likes this.
  3. philo358

philo358 Fapstronaut

Yes I use nicotine have been trying to reduce but it seems to be an outlet for PMO takes my mind of urges…

The Passenger likes this.
  4. You should consider reducing the nicotine in those things. That's were the addiction is. After that its just habbit of holding something in your hand. That's what I've been told anyway.

philo358 likes this.
  5. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

I quit vaping before I started to seriously do nofap. I found that I had to just cold turkey it. It was hard, but I got it done.

matrix. and philo358 like this.
  6. wicket

wicket Fapstronaut

Same boat been chain hitting this Hyde disposable it ruins my health I can feel and also my attitude shocking.

Also been badly hooked on vaping Delta 8 THC lol I saw someone calling it bathtub gin THC trying to quit in withdrawal now yet again.

I see how my brain also uses YouTube content like a drug mainly music.

I need to restructure my life from the ground up essentially.

philo358 likes this.
  7. RaymondBrown

RaymondBrown Fapstronaut

Breaking free from addiction is a journey, and it's commendable that you're still committed to making positive changes. Vaping can indeed become a coping mechanism, especially when dealing with other stressors like PMO.

Remember, progress takes time, so be patient with yourself. If you're still working on quitting vaping or seeking support, know that it's never too late to reach out for help. Consider exploring resources or seeking guidance from professionals.

If you're looking for more information or assistance, you can navigate to https://www.e-zigaretteria.ch for additional resources and support. Keep pushing forward, and know that you're not alone in this journey!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  8. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

My local herbal shop sells these packs of toothpicks that've been soaked in essential oils like tee tree and peppermint and cinnamon, etc. They really help with the whole oral fixation part of the smoking addiction, might be worth ordering some on amazon or wherever if you try quitting in the future

9. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

I second @The Passenger 's sentiments

Wean to Clean baby let's go :D

Honestly I know that the following paragraph is a hardcore way to do things, but that's kind of my style sometimes.

I would just start running, swimming or rowing. Doing any kind of cardio or other exercise that really highlights how bad your lungs have gotten from the vaping. Vaping nicotine is just as unhealthy as cigarettes in some studies it was shown to cause cancer just as fast if not faster.

It'll really get you in that, "Never again!!!!" Kind of mood as you're hacking your lungs up wishing you'd treated your body better these past years. Which can be a helpful initial motivator in quitting things.

If you're out of the more self-motivated options. You can join a support group like AA, nofap video calls, or NAMI has groups you can hit up too.

Listen to soothing music after training to recover and reflect.

Embrace the pain, take the pain, love the pain.

The right kind of pain will make you stronger after you sleep it off and adjust to it.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024