1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

✹ THE SHINOBI CHALLENGE! What is your Ninja Way?! (Naruto Challenge) RANKS ARE BACK. GET YOURS NOW!

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Sep 23, 2019.

Do you have what it takes to become a Strong Shinobi?

1. I...i will try. *shy*

32 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Yes, i WILL become a Strong Shinobi! *Determinated*

240 vote(s)
    58.1%
  3. Tsk... I will become even more than a Shinobi, i will be stronger than a GOD! *Evil Laugh*

128 vote(s)
    31.0%
  4. No... *cries* i can't even get past the academy. ;(

13 vote(s)
    3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Day 16
    entering the second half of the chunin exam with optimistic fervor

Chevu Chelios likes this.
  2. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 2

Today was a pretty nice day, I had my therapy session which went really well so now I'm looking forward to future sessions and seeing how much the therapy helps me on my journey. During my daily group meditation session, we learnt a new practice which was incredibly relaxing and cosy so I'm going to try using it next time I get an urge and seeing how it goes. If it doesn't work it's not the end of the world, I have many other distractions that I can use / try out.

I had a couple of urges today but nothing too crazy.

Also, here's an immensely cute video of Red Pandas :)

3. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

511 days no PMO, semen retention

4. iamking7777

iamking7777 Fapstronaut

Day 89- Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan

5. BloomWasTaken

Day 3

I had a few urges but I was able to basically ignore them and just acknowledge the urge and anxiety without judging it which was really really empowering. To me, this is very obviously the consistent meditation I've been doing everyday finally baring fruit. In fact, there were multiple things that happened today which normally would be huge triggers for me and give me a massive urge, but today they didn't do anything except for a little scare (because I naturally assumed it was going to get a massive urge because of it), I just casually ignored them. I'm realising that I'm making urges naturally stronger because I'm scared of them. I'm afraid of urges because they're obviously the things that cause me to relapse, but ironically, if I can manage to pay less attention to them and simply acknowledge the urge but not interact with it, it becomes far less powerful and disappears much quicker. Like today, I was getting urges but I just simply wasn't caring, I was simply noticing that I had an urge and continued with whatever I was doing at the time because I wasn't getting caught up in it, it never got powerful enough to reach the forefront of my mind. However, realistically, it won't be like this every single time I have an urge, I still need to be prepared for urges that do overwhelm me and arrive at the forefront of my mind. But, this was still a really nice feeling, being able to just keep doing what I was doing without the urges hindering me and without stressing out about the urge itself, thus giving the urge much more power.

Here's a video of two cats having an intellectual discussion

6. Day 17
    I am approaching the weekend optimistically.

7. modern milarepa

512 days no PMO, semen retention

8. iamking7777

iamking7777 Fapstronaut

Day 90 - Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan

iamking7777 likes this.
  10. BloomWasTaken

Day 4

Another good day, I'm big chillin', feeling really good. I had a few urges today but again - like yesterday - I was able to focus on what I was doing yet also acknowledging and accepting my urge without judging it, allowing me to basically ignore the urge and disconnect from it. I spent a little too much time playing games with my friends today so I didn't have much time to work out or go out on my usual walk unfortunately and it also made me miss the first half of my usual group meditation session. But it's fine, I meditated on my own after the rest of the session concluded and I went out into my garden for a while so I could get at least some fresh air. I'm not really all that bothered that I missed a few things on my routine today, it happens sometimes, it's no big deal. I'm big chillin' B-)

iamking7777 likes this.
  11. Day 18
    Today I hit the peak of my last streak.
    Here's to bigger and better things.

iamking7777 and Chevu Chelios like this.
  12. modern milarepa

513 days no PMO, semen retention

Chevu Chelios and iamking7777 like this.
  13. BloomWasTaken

Day 5 - Relapsed

Unfortunately my addiction's voice was very loud today so this time I was finding it extremely difficult to just "accept and ignore it", I was getting a really bad headache all day because of the constant urges that I wasn't able to sit well with at all. I kept noticing that my addiction was trying to convince me and I was able to resist it's allure for some time but eventually I was tricked again. I was getting a LOT of triggers today which kept sticking in my head and accumulating so today wasn't feeling very promising from the beginning. I was trying to combat that "this doesn't feel like a good day, I'm probably gonna relapse" thought loop but it kept popping back up. I went out on a walk with my Mum for a couple of hours and was getting triggered over and over because we were walking by a beach, I was also getting triggered from my friends too because they kept sending nsfw memes in our Discord group.
    The thing that ultimately made me relapse was a very simple mistake on my part which I have no excuse for because it was such an obvious mistake: I needed to go to the toilet so I went with my phone whilst having this really strong urge. Even after I finished going to the toilet I just sat there with my urge feeling stressed because my addiction wouldn't shut up and leave me alone and so eventually I was convinced to relapse. The trick that my addiction used against me this time was actually my therapy, "you've started therapy so it's ok if you relapse now because you'll get better anyways.", I should've distracted myself with games or music or whatever this time because I wasn't able to just ignore it but even then my addiction was blocking that, convincing me it wouldn't work. I need to just ignore any and all thoughts once my urges are that strong, not myself and not my addiction because they tend to merge once the urge is that strong so I struggle to figure out who's talking, and that's how I get tricked. I should just automatically go to the list of distractions that I have prepared instead of trying to think of what to do each time, because its highly likely I'll just be convinced to relapse, if that makes sense.

I'll do better.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Naëlkaïs and iamking7777 like this.
  14. iamking7777

iamking7777 Fapstronaut

Day 91 - Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan

15. Day 19
    Prepping for the Chunin exam, busy day.

16. modern milarepa

514 days no PMO, semen retention

17. iamking7777

iamking7777 Fapstronaut

Day 92 - Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.