1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

To set limits, or to be limitless?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BrighterFuture, Sep 3, 2021.

1. BrighterFuture

BrighterFuture Fapstronaut

The title says it all, is it better or should a person have visible clear limits in their life? or aim to be limitless allowing everything and doing anything anytime anywhere?

[​IMG]

2. Lizards Mousqette

Lizards Mousqette Fapstronaut

Boundaries are good. Being open to opportunity is also good.

3. know your limits and push them

BrighterFuture likes this.
  4. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

It depends on your personality

For me , limits keep me safe

5. I have an addictive personality so I set a lot of limits for myself, also my religious beliefs keep a limit on me but I gladly follow Gods law. At the end of the day you know yourself better than anyone else so analyze your self and figure out what causes you to stumble.

6. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

There’s a difference between boundaries and limits.

Boundaries keep you civilized and moral.

Limits are challenges that should be taken all the time. Push em

88991s, Diomedes., Hadrian3 and 5 others like this.
  7. BrighterFuture

True for all of you,

But what bothers me now is the modern way of living; ignoring all limits and boundaries because of "freedom"

I find limits keep you safe at most times, and I believe it's a really damn good thing to have in life

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  8. calpoop

calpoop Fapstronaut

limitations breed creativity!

9. determined99

determined99 Fapstronaut

What limits are helping you to keep safe?

Diomedes. and BrighterFuture like this.
  10. BrighterFuture

A lot, I've set limits to end toxic friendships, I've set a limit to never use my phone or apps for my own selfish sexual pleasure, I've set a limits to decrease my fast food intake whenever possible (which helps me live longer which is cool) the list goes on and on...
    I'm not saying you should aim be limited and stop once you feel hurt, no, you'll become ignorant then, I'm saying you should know your limits, make them clear, set them, or break them if needed to improve.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    Diomedes., determined99 and calpoop like this.
  11. calpoop

calpoop Fapstronaut

my personal take on limits is like setting up my life as one giant videogame, and all of my limits are like unlockables ive set for myself. and i hope to stay committed to my own "game"
    each limit i set isn't absolutely unbreakable, although i try to remain firm on the condition i set to break that limit.
    and every time i feel tempted to break one of my limits, i ask myself "is it really necessary to break this limit? have i really fulfilled the condition to unlock this limit?"

this helps me control myself from compulsive and urge-based behavior, and really intentionally have a whole process behind everything i do

Diomedes. and BrighterFuture like this.
  12. I think is good to set limits in food, to be acostumed to set limits in other areas, also it give you a better way to live, sometimes we set to ourselves limits, because we don't wanna get hurt when something appears to be dangerous or hurt our psyche even if is correct we don't push our limits, we don't wanna break them, but is necessary to know when is necessary to break them or create them, that will give you a better and healthy life without repentance

13. Limits limit you, that’s common sense.

Everyone (if they haven’t already) should read “Can’t Hurt Me” by David Goggins, incredible guy, could only achieve what he is today without limits.

Diomedes. likes this.
  14. BrighterFuture

True if we are talking about things that require diversity, like for example exercise. Setting limits keep you and others around you safe, that's my point, and it will always be that way. I'll give your book a shot and see if I like it

Diomedes. likes this.
  15. BrighterFuture

Sorry I don't speak overly fancy english, what does that mean?

16. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

17. BrighterFuture

ok I get it now, yes it makes sense

MindfulWarrior likes this.