1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer General

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by FirefromAbove, Sep 14, 2021.

1. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Just got into it this summer. Very cool series. High test and based.

I haven't delved much into WF only 40k and I love 40k so far, I might buy a few books in the future, but where do I start? With the Horus Heresy correct? Or are there books on the unification war?

(No RL politics, please. I want this thread to last longer than a week)

Vanquisher12 and Meshuga like this.
  2. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Of the official books I only read "Firewarrior." Not about Space Marines at all. It was basically the FPS game in book format, you could see the tutorial and boss fights, weapon upgrades, the whole bit, but it still managed to be a good book. I reviewed it on Goodreads, easy to find.

I also read a fanfic about rookie Sisters of Battle, called "Bolter Bitches." Also really good, though I don't know how I'd find it again. Goes to show it's a good universe, lots to explore.

There's also an Eldar series, and some follow the Imperial Guard. Guess I don't like Space Marines. Bunch of grimdark Chads, "I have two hearts! For the Emperor!" Bite me.

FirefromAbove likes this.
  3. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

I've started reading the gaunts ghosts series. Very good so far. Finished the first omnibus. I've only just recently got into it. I don't play the table top and I've never painted minis but the lore is really interesting. Got into on YouTube when I stumbled across a YouTuber named Luiten09 or something like that.

4. I saw Warhammer 40K: Battle Sister came out on VR and I was looking into picking it up. Haven't yet though, I really don't know much about the series.

5. FirefromAbove

It's pretty good.

If I could inappropriate simplify it to the point of being accused of heresy. It's an SCI-FI Game of thrones (Only in the context of brutality). The story is very fascinating and to me mesmirizing.

Space Marines are cool and all but the guard is extremely cool. A lot of Space Marines are recorded as having negative attitudes towards humans (since they're technically not really angels), but the imperial guard is who the imperium is. Nameless souls trying to survive.

Meshuga likes this.
  6. Lol that does sound pretty fun. Next time I'm in the mood for a shoot-em-up I'll look into it.

Does it have a robust single player mode? I'm not too into co-op games. From what you are saying sounds like it has a good story behind it so I assume that means a pretty meaty single player mode.

7. FirefromAbove

The whole franchise is really disorganized.

Ultra Marines is what you’re looking for. Good game, good story, and gives you a really good summary on the universe.

Stulcifer likes this.
  8. FirefromAbove

Ive watched several lore vids from him

9. FirefromAbove

Just bought Total War Warhammer II

First time taking the WH fantasy pill @Iohannes prolly should've asked you before I bought it, but you enjoy it correct?

Iohannes likes this.
  10. Iohannes

Iohannes Fapstronaut

I haven't bought any of the Warhammer TW titles so far, primarily because I've always been into Total War games for their historical settings.
    However, I have only heard good things about them, so it shouldn't be a bad purchase.

Vanquisher12 and FirefromAbove like this.
  11. Iohannes

Iohannes Fapstronaut

If you do end up enjoying it, give Vermintide 2 a chance. The fanbase is quite casual and lame (maybe 1 in a thousand cares for the setting and the universe), but the game is cheap and plays well. It's a team based action game in which you complete objectives (missions) on various maps, against hordes of Skaven, Northmen and Beastmen. It's my only Warhammer game actually, and it got me into the lore.

12. FirefromAbove

13. FirefromAbove

Bought that too as it was only 7 usd!

Very excited

Iohannes likes this.
  14. Iohannes

Iohannes Fapstronaut

Sweet. I stopped playing it just last week, but I may hop in for a match or two if and when you can.
    If you don't take my dwarf that is. :D

15. FirefromAbove

Ill send you my steam

Iohannes likes this.
  16. Iohannes

Iohannes Fapstronaut

I wanted to confirm I sent a friend request yesterday.

17. FirefromAbove

Copy.

Ill log on and add ya

Iohannes likes this.
  18. FirefromAbove

Added

Iohannes likes this.
  19. FirefromAbove

I bought Battlefleet Gothic today. I am very bad at it because I am not used to map games but it's fun and the story is compelling. It's very cheap on steam and if you live RTSs then I highly recommend giving it a try.

It's a ship warfare game.

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  20. FirefromAbove