1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Checking in for a lazy ,procrastinating day with some silly angry fantasies and some internal trash talk. The only good things I've done today were reading and answering some messages here, calming down angry neighbor(not at me), meditation, prayer and cleaning my apartment.

2. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Checking in. Very tired today due to attending a party last night. Ate too much for both lunch and dinner but managed to put in some good house chores after work.

1. Physical exercise. (Done; a fairly short walk in the evening, but it counts.)
    2. Meditation. (Done; slightly less than 10 min.)
    3. Study about reboot. (Done; podcast while walking.)
    4. Eating with moderation. (Not done.)

3. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Living at the monastery
    Some years back I was a monk, so I felt like sharing what living as a monk is:

4am : wake up everyday before 4am no excuses.Then a cold bath and hurry to pray, meditate and having a spiritual lecture

8am: breakfast and then we do different chores, some build things, others cook. Others more advanced monks dedicate the rest of the day to pray and meditate.
    I was in charge of making lunch to every body, usually a different monk helped me daily in the kitchen.

12pm: I was free. I spent the rest of the day learning to play an instrument, doing meditation, yoga, learning different skills or simply enjoying nature.

5pm: we all gathered again to meditate, pray and study spiritual scriptures.

8pm: time to go to sleep.

We did this day after day.

In general is a great experience and it shows you a more spiritual side of life, the atmosphere of a monastery is very pure you only breath spirituality, monks are very special people you don't find anywhere else; money and women do not exist. You are able to get a glimpse of something beyond the materialistic world. It's a life changing experience.

Conclusion: why don't you try to spend a vacation at a monastery the energy, practices and people of the place will have a deep impact in your mind.

4. JonShawn

JonShawn Fapstronaut

I have officially made it to 36 hours. The first 36 determine whether or not I binge/begin a longer streak. This time, I was able to start a longer streak. Here's to getting promoted to level orc friends!

5. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

6. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Checking in. Things are going better, altough the last week everything went wrong. I could manage estress and avoid PMO closing all electronic devices and going outside to do exercise. Anima sana in corpore sano, that´s the key.

St. Augustine of Hippo, pray for us!

7. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 2

A nice, chill day today. I had another session with my therapist today which went really well.

I had an urge about midday which I dealt with by playing a quick game on League.

8. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 14- one day to Hobbiton.

Cold shower, prayer, these are in the books. Still need to meditate. I took a nice walk.

I really need to work on sleep. I've been running usually on seven hours during the last month or so, and I should really be getting eight. Going to work on this tonight.

Slider8, JonShawn, Chi405 and 11 others like this.
  9. AlternativeFalcon01

AlternativeFalcon01 Fapstronaut

28 days
    I'm in a trouble with my sleeping. Every night I lay the thoughts and the urges are starting. I don't want to relapse, but it's pretty difficult. Anyway I had a great day, finished a song, and hanged out with a good friend of mine.

10. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Congrats!
    upload_2021-9-28_19-40-51.jpeg

11. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

12. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

13. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

Thanks Brother!

14. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

15. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 68.

Stayed up too late talking to my ex on Snapchat, slept in late as a result. Wish I didn't do that. I will have to recover my sleeping pattern quickly.

MS PBH, LuckyMan, HE^MAN and 9 others like this.
  16. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 30. I’m an elf !! Yeah hehe like I said this a little victory on my journey to Mordor . So I will keep doing my best , praying, doing my workout, being focused on my studies and work and keep reading reboot material . God bless you all brothers and sisters , keep it up !! .

MS PBH, LuckyMan, HE^MAN and 9 others like this.
  17. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

18. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 219 no PMO. Tough day yesterday as expected. One of the most stressful days I can remember but ultimately God has a plan and I will just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

MS PBH, LuckyMan, HE^MAN and 8 others like this.
  19. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

Day 3

Had a hard day yesterday, but somehow, just when I was left alone in the most dangerous of situation (rainy day and alone in my apartment) I’ve found strength out of the fear of the situation, and I’ve raised up. I’ve started working out, cleaned the place and meditated. It ended up being a really great “me” time. Without any fishing or other bad stuff.

20. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

452 days high king
    518 days no PMO, semen retention