1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE STAR TREK CHALLENGE!

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by AtomicTango, Jul 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

2. Thank you Atomic Tango.

I've relapsed a few times since I was let go from my job. However, I'm about to get back in the race, with a new job starting Monday, so hopefully, the much needed distraction to focus my energy on.

3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Yeah I get like that. Times of stress are a big trigger for me too. Focusing on something else is a good idea.

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Reset. Honestly not feeling too bad about this, as it was not a binge, and was not to any weird fetish crap. Back to it.

Revanthegrey likes this.
  5. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Welcome back, dude!

Revanthegrey and AtomicTango like this.
  6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Three things to take away from this reset.

One, while resetting in general is bad, I feel A LOT better if I limit the resets as much as possible. It is important not to let that knowledge be a way that I rationalise resetting in the future. However, I am trying not to be so hard on myself when I mess up.

Second, the insane urges these last few days really highlights just how much I leaned on wet dreams to deal with the early stages of streaks. While wet dreams do make me more urged for a day or so after them, they also take away some of the internal pressure, so it's a double-edged sword I suppose. What I need to remember though, is that the urges caused by a wet dream are in my head, and go away if I dont feed them. The pressure relieved by a wet dream on the other hand, is a real thing that is actually happening.

Third, I have a nasty habit of getting really strong urges, overcoming them, then rationalising resetting the next day or the next day after that. It's almost like, on some subconscious level, I am setting myself up for a reset before it actually happens. This is actually a thing that happens when you are addicted to hard drugs and try to stop taking them - the brain plants the idea of failure, and once it's planted, it becomes self-fulfilling. I already said I need to treat resetting as though it is not even an option, and to ALWAYS choose to do something else, but it isnt always that easy. All I can really do is try again. Despite my recent failures, I know deep down that once I get some momentum going, I'll be able to make some serious progress. I just need to get past this early stage.

Revanthegrey and Chuck Shurley like this.
  7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

It's good to be back!

8. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 15

Just graduated the Academy! Leaving San Francisco to become an ensign on the USS Fapstronaut. Ready to get some revenge on the Borg.

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get back on track soon.

10. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

11. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Thank you!

Revanthegrey likes this.
  13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Back to being a civilian. Mustering all my energy to get to at least 2 weeks this time. My repeated failure is starting to annoy me.

Onan the Barbarian likes this.
  14. skyrimfanpaul

skyrimfanpaul Fapstronaut

i just laughed at some of this, i liked the one about silly clothes . really creative helpful approach :)

15. magopt

magopt Fapstronaut

Cadet me showing for service, I know i'm 4 days later but i'm ready to be beamed out to the USS Fapstronaut @AtomicTango

(19 days)

16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Welcome aboard!

17. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Thank you! Care to enlist?

18. skyrimfanpaul

skyrimfanpaul Fapstronaut

I'm respectful of it , but i am doing my abstinance my own way. :)

Revanthegrey and AtomicTango like this.
  19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

That's fine, good luck to you! How are you doing at it so far?

20. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.