1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

10 days, it aint easy.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SorryWontSayIt, Oct 3, 2021.

1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hello!

I was a active member a few years ago, but after some time I quit nofap. I was happy the way things was. I had more confidence and I felt a lot better. But things have changed.

First off, sorry if this post is a bit chaos and badly written. And I know nofap should not be about girls. But this story was some what a point or mark in my life, which made me understand, that I needed to change. In general.

But lets start. I have for a long time struggeled with dating and bringing girl home as many others. I have never really been a fan of one nigthstands, and been more focused on having a strong relationship, but without succes. I was broken i 2018-2019 after a break up with a girl I thougth "was the one". But I have learned that there does not need to be only one "the one".

Summer 2020, I had two girls home for a one nigthstand. Both were friends, but nothing more. I made it clear to them that I did not want anything more before anything began. But the problem started last weekend. I was 2 days into nofap (without really focusing on it). I met a girl I had been wanting to get to know. We met at a party, and we hit it off. She told me I was akward but handsome, and people at her work was talking about me.

Suddenly she kissed me, and it happend a few times during that nigth. Later she wanted to go to the dance floor, which I hate doing now. But I joined, I was very uncomfortable there, and we were dancing with her friends. She pulled me many times into ther group of friends if "I fell out of the dance group". After a few hours, I noticed she may be some less interested, but still kept holding on to me. She joined me later home. While walking home, she told me that she did not need to join me if I did not want her to. But I did. I wanted her to stay, but I was scared. I was scared because I had already disappointed two girls the summer 2020, and it would hurt me and her if I disapointed this time. While walking home, I asked her the most hurtful thing I have ever said about my self. "Why are you with me, when your friends are so cheerful, and I am so akward". She told me she could leave if I wanted, but I told her she could join if she wanted. She join me home, and we ended up with just some fun, but not full action. She asked me why did I show so much interest in her, if I did not want to sleep with her... but what she did not know is that I wanted to, but I was scared to disapoint her. I told her that I tougth she was into me too, but she said she just wanted to take care of me on the dance floor and make sure I wasnt alone. But actually I could have just left.... I had other close friends there. So I am so confused.

She left in the morning, and I have not heard from her since or spoken to her.

I am so fucking mad at myself. Why do I have to be so akward. Why could I not atleast try to make her happy. Why could i not show more intereset?

Meeting her because of work in a few days.

But, I am currently on day 10. I am still angry, not just because of that situation. But in general unhappy and angry. Was really hoping that I soon would be in a better mood. Does anyone know.... when the mood gets better? All I am now is extremly motivated and a lot of energy, but angry.

I have contacted my doctor too, regarding my mental health. Meeting the doctor tomorrow. Noone else knows. I just hope I am able to tell the doctor what I need to tell, to get better.

2. OK, let's start putting this into perspective.

First: Your self-thoughts.

Stop criticising yourself!

You did what you knew best at the time. You're a human being, not God. You don't know everything. You make mistakes. We all do.

Take that anger, put it in your hands, look at it, take a deep breath, say goodbye, and gently drop it into the rubbish bin. Leave it there, because there is nothing to be angry about.

You just made a mistake, and that's how we learn.

The only way to not make a mistake is to do nothing. Then you're dead, anyway.

Second: Some perspective.

Don't complicate things!

She liked you. She wanted to have some good times with you. That's all there is to it. It's simple!

Don't do what the movies do and try to analyse it. You asked, "Why are you with me, when your friends are so cheerful, and I am so awkward?"

Answer: Who cares? She probably doesn't even know why — it's at an unconscious level. She likes you. That's all there is to it. Maybe your awkwardness is sexy? She obviously thinks so!

If you like her, all that you need to do is have fun with her.

Asking her heavy questions isn't having fun.

Third: Have fun

Have fun!

Next time you meet her, keep it simple and fun. Don't analyse! Don't get heavy! Don't complicate things!

It's easy:

"Hey, it's lovely to see you again! Look, sorry I got all complicated the other night. Could we start again? What nights are you free next week to get together for a drink?"

If she's still interested:

(If you haven't put her off completely by your heaviness!) She'll give you a couple of days. Choose one of them, and say, "I'll pick you up at 7:30 p.m." Don't ask her where she wants to go, or what she wants to do — that's complicating things. All you do is set up a date, and then while you work with her, keep things fun. Joke around if you know how. Stay off heavy topics. If she brings up a heavy topic, your job is to listen, not talk. Listen, not offer advice. Just listen, until she feels better, then you can have fun again.

Go away, decide on a nice place to go for drinks, then a nice place to go for fun (e.g. dancing, crazy golf, darts, whatever — anywhere where you two can talk and have fun). Make it close to your place so that you can go there afterwards.

Pick her up at the agreed time (be punctual!), and take her where you've decided. She'll like that, because it means that she can concentrate on having fun, and not have to worry about where to go.

Remember: she will associate her feelings with you. If you get all heavy, "Why do you like me?" and all that nonsense, she'll associate heavy and unpleasant feelings with you. Just have fun!

Your job is to keep things fun, create a date, hang out with her, and keep things fun. Yes, I'm repeating myself.

If she wants to take things further, go for it. If she pushes you away because you're going too fast, back off for ten or 20 minutes then try again, but slower.

If she's not still interested:

She'll give you some lame excuse, like she doesn't know or she's busy or she'll tell you later or her cousin is coming to visit. If she's no longer interested, say, "OK, well, if you change your mind, you know how to get hold of me." Chalk it up to experience and move onto the next girl.

I'm not kidding: It's really easy.
    1. Have fun.
    2. Make a date.
    3. Plan the date so that she doesn't have to worry about it.
    4. Pick her up on time.
    5. Have fun.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Have fun.
    I think you got it :)

Oh, one more thing. Don't text or phone her (that's complicating things!). If she texts or phones you, keep it short and sweet (and fun), then tell her that you'd love to chat more, but that you'd much rather do it in person when you meet up on your date. "You know, I'd love to hear all about it when we meet up! I'm kinda busy right now, but when we meet up, I'll be all ears!" If you text a lot or talk a lot on the phone, it kills all anticipation, and leaves you nothing to talk about on your date.

Have fun :)

Controller69 and SorryWontSayIt like this.
  3. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Thanks for reply:)

Was with the doctor today because of my mental health in general today. He told me a lot of the same hehe, and I am way too hard on myself generally in life. So I will get a little bit professional help, or at least he suggested it. Not only because of this girl problem, but I focus a lot on goals and improving myself. A bit too much.

But he also adviced me to simply tell her something like "sorry that I was not myself last time, had a bad day" and just see what happens after that.

4. He sounds like a good doctor!
    Yes, please do. We all need therapy! I've had a ton of it, and I still get therapy when I can.
    I don't know about too much. Focusing on your goals and improving yourself is what you do if you want to get ahead in life.
    Well, similar to what I said. But if that's all that you do, apologise and see what happens after that, nothing will happen. She's not going to ask you out for a date, is she? You need to make it happen by asking her to meet up, in the way that I wrote. Use your own words, by all means, but do it in the way that I wrote, otherwise she'll just see you as a person who causes drama.

Controller69 likes this.
  5. Avoid girls for 90 days and build a life and then be a 007