1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

140kg

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by modern milarepa, Sep 13, 2021.

1. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I just lifted my first 3 plates of 20kg on each side on the bench press. I'd say this is the greatest feat I have ever done , even more than graduated from med school, 3 years semen retention, dating beautiful and high quality girls. At least I consider this one more impressive.

I have achieved any materialistic goal I had in my life, in a way this is a symbolic retirement from the world. I'll keep pushing, in all aspects of my life but in terms of worldly goals I'm pretty much set from an emotional point of view, I'll probably lift more, study more, win more money. But it has lost an emotional value to me.

2. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

I had to stop lifting, unfortunately and start running again (I know cringe).

I'm at 13 flat for my mile and half. Used to be 11 mins we're going to get there again really soon.

modern milarepa likes this.
  3. FirefromAbove

I have to do crossfit style training now and I don't enjoy and I can't wait for it to be over and back to lifting.

Don't take the CrossFit pill, it weakens your bones.

4. modern milarepa

I don't think I'll ever do it. If there is no gym I'll buy or make my own weights as I did during quarantine with empty water bottles, sand and a wood stick. Almost a 120kg weight. I could change the weight too and do curls with the bottles.

Or if the there is no other option I will do some calisthenics. But not CrossFit.
    I also don't like the culture around it. It's full of snobs. That is an important reason for not doing it.

I like to manage my own schedule and train when I want or when I can. So having to follow crossfit training classes at a specific time is not sustainable in the long run.

5. FirefromAbove

It's very ineffective too, but they've brainwashed civil services into thinking it'll churn out super-soldiers, when in reality it lines Orthopedic pockets.

At least there isn't an intense focus on running. Cause running isn't fun. Deadlifting is.

6. modern milarepa

That is an important reason too. Also I don't find it safe doing complex Olympic lifts with no technique and jumping from one place to the next. That is asking for injury

7. FirefromAbove

Exactly. Oly lifting is an art and dance. Not rave

8. FirefromAbove

On the topic of dumb exercises.

Did a mock academy workout today with a friend in the academy.

Sandbags, no rest, no stretching. Down to the wire on how they do it.

No drinking water. How is that even productive?

9. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

This, 1,000 percent. And deadlifting is a lot better than running for your testosterone levels too.

FirefromAbove likes this.