1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Life at the monastery

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by modern milarepa, Sep 28, 2021.

1. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Current streak: 517 days no PMO semen retention

Some years back I was a monk, so I felt like sharing what living as a monk is:

4am: wake up everyday before 4am no excuses.Then a cold bath and hurry to pray, meditate and having a spiritual lecture

8am: breakfast and then we do different chores, some build things, others cook. Others more advanced monks dedicate the rest of the day to pray and meditate.
    I was in charge of making lunch to every body, usually a different monk helped me daily in the kitchen.

12pm: I was free. I spent the rest of the day learning to play an instrument, doing meditation, yoga, learning different skills or simply enjoying nature.

5pm: we all gathered again to meditate, pray and study spiritual scriptures.

8pm: time to go to sleep.

We did this day after day.

In general is a great experience and it shows you a more spiritual side of life, the atmosphere of a monastery is very pure you only breath spirituality, monks are very special people you don't find anywhere else; money and women do not exist. You are able to get a glimpse of something beyond the materialistic world. It's a life changing experience.

Conclusion: why don't you try to spend a vacation at a monastery the energy, practices and people of the place will have a deep impact in your mind.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  2. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

Very interesting. I appreciate the sharing.

modern milarepa likes this.
  3. I always wanted to live like that from books about it I read. It's very tranquil but I can't really agree that everything has no meaning but that's probably the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the spiritual warfare inside one's self..

modern milarepa likes this.
  4. Ainz

Ainz Fapstronaut

I will have to be successful first. When I will achieve a lot of money and power, I will leave those and become a monk or saint or anything else of those kind.

5. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Is there a journal that follows the path of this recovery from Day 1?

6. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Your fantasy monastery is amusing and misses some staple elements that a real monastery would have.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    red_fruit likes this.
  7. Hey sir, i am addicted to pmo and so i am obsessed with nofap and self improvement. I like your method and i am a great fan of monks, especially the himalayan and tibetans.
    So my need is, will you please suggest me a day routine like yours so that i can improve my life.

IrishMan77 likes this.