1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A new "cure" for depression

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AtomicTango, Oct 5, 2021.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I think is horrifying and evil

determined99 likes this.
  3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Cant wait for the CCP to turn me into a sleeper agent by hacking into my brain chip lmao.

4. Omg at this point I can really see it.

“we need 80% of people chipped to put an end to depression”

Two years later…..

“ the unchipped are a threat to society. We’re putting them in camps. “

you heard it here first folks.

88991s likes this.
  5. Anyone see the galaxy express cartoons? It will sadly be like that one day. I’m just glad I’ll be gone before it gets that bad. At least I hope I will.

6. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

You will own nothing and with that pacemaker be happy !!! :):)Ww

7. script

script Fapstronaut

if abused. Otherwise I can't see how in her case it's anything else but good for her.

8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

This reminds me of a thing I read where scientists used magnets to make people less resistant to immigration. I can easily see the downside to tech like this.

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Happy good fortune!!!

FirefromAbove likes this.
  10. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

After reading more into this, it seems rather dark. It works by interrupting thoughts as they happen. The potential for abuse seems quite high. A device in your brain that literally stops you from thinking about certain things.

Billybrasco likes this.
  11. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

Billybrasco likes this.
  12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Just eat the bugs
    Just live in the pod
    Just drink the corn syrup
    Just get the implant

13. If you aren't able to counter depression with your own energies in this world of desperation, then it does not have a value or meaning. Plant a chip is like cheat, and the result is a complete cheat of your own brain by someone else. Same for transcucktanists that pretend to cheat death. Gosepls always give you some answer if you are able to read them as a non-brainwashed guy:

“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross (The famous X formed in your Brain) and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?

14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

En?gma likes this.
  15. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Depression can be caused by a brain injury. Also deep depression states change the biology of the brain.

If depression has a very important organic component let's say an injury after a car crash a pacemaker can actively recover the damaged neuronal pathway.

I've seen many patients with pacemakers in their brain and it takes away all the side effects of drugs, it improves greatly the quality of life, the disease almost thought untreatable with other methods they almost miraculously recover with the pacemakers . And not just depression it ranges from a variety of mental illnesses, for example Parkinson.

I consider brain pacemakers one of the great advances of medecine in the 21th century.

E31 and Akbarmagnus like this.
  16. modern milarepa

The brain is just a complex electrical circuit. The pacemaker only helps the damaged electrical circuit to work better with an external electronic pulsation.

It doesn't make you a robot or a zombie or anything like it.

It's works similar to a pacemaker in your heart, but a bit more complex

E31 and Akbarmagnus like this.
  17. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

can it be used for addiction?

18. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

It's scary and disgusting on a primitive level, but as someone who has been severely depressed in the past and has lost relatives to suicide I can totally understand why someone would want to do whatever it takes to make the pain go away. Imo if it works it's preferrable to not having a cure available.

19. These are just the first seeds (Well the first seeds are already planted, watch all the people outside all the day with the smartphone, they don't even recognize the ''reality'', but there is other factors) of the Transhumanism n'shiet. If you can't see it then you are blind. You don't become golem, lobotomite, drone or automati in a day, it's a long transiction. I suppose you accept the therms when you let them put their product inside your brain...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2021
  20. modern milarepa

Everybody is against science and medecine until they are gravely ill in the emergency room or one of their love ones is very sick.

You keep talking against pharmaceutical industry and medecine. Some day you'll get sick and old young men.

E31 likes this.