1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Devilinme2

Devilinme2 Fapstronaut

Saw this thread just now! Original Star Trek fan…I warmed up to TNG and was satisfied…did NOT like DS9…enjoyed Voyager,,,did NOT like enterprise….and in mixed on Discovery…..
    As for characters since this is a NoFap site..I will be honest with
    Loved seven of nine
    Loved Diana troy
    And loved Tpaul (only great thing about enterprise)

2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

Mixolydian likes this.
  3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Voyager season 2 is a lot better than I remembered so far. Projections and Non Sequitur are especially good. The Neelix/Kes romance is creepy as fuck though.

GigglingTrout likes this.
  4. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Probably the worse romance in television history its weird and dumb as fuck. If I recall right I thought they drop the whole Neelix and Kes romance in the 2nd season.

5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I watched the episode where Kes goes through puberty and me and my mum (who I'm watching the whole show with) were so disturbed.

Ok so Ocampa live to be 9. This by itself is a weird detail that adds nothing, it comes across as creepy. But for Kes to START puberty in that episode, it means she was prepubescent before it, right? So Neelix was dating a literal child? This goes beyond that perverse "she's not 12 bro, she's a 5000 year old dragon" shit you see in anime, because that at least tries to give a reason for things, even if the reason is bad. But in Voyager, Neelix is straight up a pedophile.

6. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Yea pretty much. Writers had zero brains here.

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

It got me to thinking how pants-on-head stupid a lot of the sex stuff in Star Trek is. I know it's only a TV show but what kind of scenario led to evolution thinking "Yeah, either get pregnant in 2 days or never get pregnant at all. Also be addicted to eating dirt."

Are humans the only aliens in Trek that dont have extremely elaborate and fucked up sex rituals?

8. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Lol pretty much.

But on a serious note I don't think the Bajorans have fucked up sex rituals. Thiers' is pretty close to humans' from what I've observed. The klingons is pretty much the same as humans honestly. There is plenty of humans that like rough sex and klingons seem quite loose with it over all. The Cardassians seem quite similar from what was shown of them. That's about all I can think of at this moment.

You can't dis the Pon farr though. It's too legendary lol.

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

The Pon Farr is just odd. I love how confused it made fans at the time as well, cause it would imply all Vulcans are born because of this process, which the writers had to later clarify was not the case.

10. Oooooo... how did this never click for me. Yup. I don't like Neelix anymore.

Klingons will intentionally cause bleeding in one another as well as broken bones as a means of affection. They'll also "announce" their love (lust? not sure) for one another by trying to strike/kill, such as what K'ehleyr did to Worf. Finally, there's supposedly something about the male reading love poetry to the female while dodging heavy objects thrown by her, including furniture. They're pretty different, but fitting for the race, I guess... although one does wonder if any accidental killings have happened this way. :p Cardassians, as far as I know, are supposed to show irritability towards one another as a signal for desiring a physical relationship, as featured between O'Brien and that Cardassian scientist woman. Although... while we don't see this between Garak and Ziyal, as far as the audience could tell, their relationship wasn't physical. At least, it wasn't then.

I think Bajorans are definitely similar to humans, though. In fact, I can't think of a difference between their mating habits and ours. Heck, excluding the noses and the sneezing thing whilst pregnant, Bajorans don't seem all that different from humans in general. For example, excluding the noses, I can't think of a single difference between a Bajoran male and a human male.

Just wait until you get to Blood Fever. The Pon Farr is just plain weird in that one. In fact, that entire episode is extremely strange.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2021
  11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

He seems more annoying in season 2 with the stupid jealousy angle. The relationship does not feel real, or even like a romantic relationship at all, it feels like the relationship between a kidnapper and a victim with Stockholm Syndrome.

The irritability thing seems like it was made up as a joke and then forgotten about. Dukat clearly wants Kira, yet he's more often than not alright with her. Although you could make the argument that her being aggressive towards him is partially what leads to him think they are friends. But he is deluded in general so who knows.

I could have sworn there are some other differences, but I cant remember what they are.

I remember that one. Mainly because the ending is the first appearance of the Borg in Voyager.

12. Devilinme2

Devilinme2 Fapstronaut

I think the whole Pon Farr thing is alarming and inaccurate…first what the Vulcan male goes through seems to be on pace with what a rapist serial killer would act like… what ever female he chooses would seem like she would get pulverized!!!
    Second…just because the man needs to “do it” doesn’t mean he will conceive a child,,,I would assume the female would have to ovulate at the same time right?

I never thought of Nelix/kes relationship as a man/child romance since they obviously made her life span short…don’t forget in human culture back in the day people maxed out at age 40 so mating was done very young…I also never thought of them as sexual ,,,more like guardian to her… never liked their togetherness anyway but I guess they had to put them there somehow

13. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Hey guys, a very active member of this this thread has been banned.

@AtomicTango if you want to be to contact him off site please PM me

14. Whaaaat?! Damn, I liked his posts. D: And I was looking forward to his thoughts on Voyager as he continued... regardless, he'll be missed.

15. Devilinme2

Devilinme2 Fapstronaut

Anybody know why he was banned ?

16. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Nope, not even he knows.

They never game him a reason.

17. SethLCU

SethLCU Fapstronaut

STAR WARS FOR LIFE!! YEAH!!!

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  18. Devilinme2

Devilinme2 Fapstronaut

Die commi scum die!

Akbarmagnus likes this.
  19. PatrickBasedman

PatrickBasedman Fapstronaut

Anyone on this thread still an active user? Seems like an interesting topic!

20. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

man its been a minute since I posted here, been busy. Started my Deep Space 9 re-watch #5 a couple weeks ago. Just finished up Paradise, season 2 episode 15. Really liked the episode. A bit of Jim Jones vibe going on there lol.

So much I forgot about in the first 2 seasons. Early seasons are much better than I remember. For some reason I always thought the 1st two seasons were average for some reason. its been a pleasant surprise.