1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What game U want that hasn't been announced yet

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Grub milk, Sep 25, 2021.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Same. GTA5 was fine, but damn they have milked it now. Between 2001-2012, we saw GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA4, as well as all the various spinoffs and games from other series, Bully, Red Dead 1, etc. Since 2013 we've seen GTA5 released 3 times (4 if you count the staggered PC release) and Red Dead 2. I know development costs and the time it takes to make games has had an effect, but sheer greed clearly has too. Why bother with a new game when kids will keep paying for Shark cards on GTA Online?

As for Red Dead 2.... I didn't like it. I wanted to, but I just didn't. The gameplay core feature, as well as how sluggish it all felt to play, ruined it for me. I think the story is colossally overrated (it feels like a Kids-Bop version of Blood Meridian at times, for those who have read that book) and while the world is absolutely stunning, the content within it is lacking. It seems like the nice Rockstar games look, the less fun they are.

E31 likes this.
  2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

By no means my most anticipated game or anything, but I am very interested in "Strays Cross" a game by Naughty Dog that was leaked a while back. Supposedly a steampunk/sci-fi game. As someone who really liked the dev's output (I even liked TLOU2, even if I hated the story the game itself was enjoyable) I'm interested in what they do with their first new IP in a decade.

3. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Punished Todd.

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

A man denied his mountains to climb.

5. E31

E31 Fapstronaut

Agree, except that I loved rdr 2 despite the somewhat clunky mechanics just for the horse riding through that landscape with the music and the occasional pissing off npcs :D

6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

It's a very aesthetically pleasing game, that much is undeniable. But for me, once the beauty of the landscape wears off the gameplay itself just isnt very good. Rockstar games have always had the issue of making humans control like they are tanks, and it's never been worse than it is in RDR2. A typical combat scenario in the early game is riding into an ambush, losing loads of health as Arthur sloooooooowly gets off the horse and slooooooowly slides into cover. You then spend 30 seconds eating beans, and then sloooooowly point and shoot at the enemies to take them out. It just isnt fluid.

E31 likes this.