1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Congratulations bro!! Here´s some Old Toby!! ;)

pippin.gif

Onwards to Mount Doom!!!!!!

2. RiseToGreatness

sorry to hear bro. those are the "stubborn relapses", where we try to have it our way, and then Bam! we hit a wall. i had many of those relapses in the past.

these kinds of relapses shows, in the painful way, that the addiction is very strong. so we can´t slack our strategy. i hope you learned your lesson, and if you relapse in the future i hope it will be to a new trigger or challenge, not a "stubborn relapse" of playing with the same fire.

Onward my brother, don´t loose hope. You´re doing well!!!

3. RiseToGreatness

Checking in Fellowship!!

Feeling a bit tired today, worst than yesterday, maybe it was the pizza that i eat last night, or i might just being picky. brothers, do you have any precaution against junk food? i only eat pizza once a week anyway but i´m considering stopping it for a while, if it drains my energy too much.

More urges also today, but i´m following my strategy to the point. no slack.

Nothing more to say Fellowship. Have a great day and continuation of an awesome weekend!!! ;)

Stay focus, stay on the path.

4. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

@RiseToGreatness thanks, brother. I will learn my lesson.

5. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Extremism vs naturality in NoFap

NoFap can fall into an extremist mentality the name say it all “NO” “FAP”. Its extreme it implies you should not do it.

Whenever I used to be in a difficult situation my response was to go to an extreme mentality: no sex, no women, no this no that; or going to the other extreme “I’ll just let my mind free and do whatever it pleases, I’ll chase pleasure” or to a surreal state of impartiality “no happiness and no pain, nothing is real”. Everything that is extreme seems appealing, edgy and powerful. But in real life is unnatural, weak and unsustainable in the long run.
    We even have the monk or hell mode: which some take as a form of torture and ego destruction, monks are extreme. Others have a hedonistic approach to life and that is where addiction comes to place.
    I’m not saying you should not follow some rules or constructs but don’t be a blind slave, create a false identity base on it and start to denigrate and see others as inferior or wrong because they don’t share your same believe system.
    See cats, they simply wander here and there, they rest at full ease and joy by simply existing, following their nature and simply by being themselves they are magical and fascinating creatures.
    I believe if you are in touch with your real self, without so many ideas in your head, you find the path to wisdom and full realization.

How do we do this? Opening yourself to the world, to others, not forcing anything, trusting in your guts, letting go rigid ideas, accepting who you are. The more I do this the more easy my streak becomes, the answer it’s not creating rigid rules and closing yourself to the world but being open, relaxed and natural that way you succeed.

Conclusion: forget about extreme mentality, simply be yourself, believe and flow with your true nature which is pure bliss.

6. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

7. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Checking in. Good day today with lots of studies, some walking and qigong practice. Not much urges, although they seem to lurk a lot when I'm alone on weekend evenings.

8. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Day 140, trod on!

9. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 9

Another busy day. I woke up, worked, went out to watch a movie with a friend, studied, worked more, went out again and worked again when I got back. I had some tiny urges here and there throughout the day from triggers but other than that I'm doing good.

10. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

11. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 11. Hanging in. The cravings are starting to die down and become less strong. So close to the two-week mark. Need to stay dilligent

12. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

13. Day 0. That taste of non-orc-dom was sweet. I'll get back there soon.

I had a dream last night that wasn't sexual at all in nature, but the instant my alarm went off this morning I was immensely on edge and that urge did not go away. I attended Mass, did some ironing, played a few games of chess, and studied for a test I have next week, all while deliberately working on the practice of urge surfing. All that didn't help, though, and around lunchtime my physical arousal was too strong to ignore any longer.

The brain fog was immediate, some of the worst I can recall. I spent the whole afternoon in a tired daze. Despite setting aside four hours for writing, I only accomplished one paragraph, about 250 words. That's going to come back to haunt me later next week. But still, we carry on.

Maria Desatanudos, ruega por nosotros.

14. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 86

Really blasted myself with a full body workout; I expect to be kinda sore tomorrow! My investments are doing well (mostly) so I have more money than I've ever had before (not that I'm touching it so I still feel broke). I feel like I did a bit better at the pull-ups, but I kinda hurt my hands slightly. I assume that will become an issue. I used to have a pair of workout gloves, but I don't think I have them anymore.

15. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

470 days high king
    539 days no PMO, semen retention

16. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

17. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

18. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

Any in particular that you’d recommend (other than meditation/yoga, because I always feel an impulse to do things that are constructive and neither of those appear to be constructive)?

Oh, and Day 1 completed, Gobbo once more

19. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

20. RiseToGreatness

well, doing things while under stress will not help, the stress will go on, and in fact surpass to the tasks itself. physical exercise helps relieve stress, but most of the times we can´t do it on the spot.
    when you feel out of balance, you need to stop and look at your internal experience. that´s the best way to regain balance again.

everytime i have a strong negative feeling, i use this tecnique. it´s only 3 minutes, but makes a ton of difference. i hope it helps :)