1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I’m sick of being ugly

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zeke27, Aug 4, 2021.

1. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

It's hard bro, honestly... I don't like to compare myself to others nor when others make comparisons about me with other people. Everyone has his own problems and see it from our perspective, and I know there are a lot of worse things out there than hair loss, but for me, is heartbreaking.

Agent likes this.
  2. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

No, I don't think my posture is bad, but sometimes I see myself in the mirror from the side and my belly tends to be a little bit more pronounced than my chest. I'm doing planks everyday.

determined99 likes this.
  3. It's not about looks. I know that on a superficial level our society values those things, correction; the world of marketing values those things, and tries to push them. Which is just stupid. I look around at my friends and other people I know, very few, if any, of them are good-looking enough to be in one of those marketing campaigns. But they're all happy and in relationships. Some are balding, some are pre-maturely greying, some are fat, some are skinny, some have skin problems, some are even "goofy" looking. None are "model" material. It's all about the personality, the soul.

One girl I know at work struggles with her weight, has bad skin, is socially awkward, and is not the most confident. But she knows who she is, and she's the sweetest person you would want to meet. Of all the other women at work, she easily got herself the hottest husband. He's a really nice guy; soft spoken and adores her. Not about her looks, it's her soul. And I can site a similar example with one of the men at work: he's going bald in his late twenties, not what most would consider good-looking, and is a bit goofy. But his wife is absolutely gorgeous and is so sweet and loving. And he bends over backwards to be as romantic as he can with her.

Looks; just not an issue in the real world.

zeke27 likes this.
  4. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

Good advice

5. Agent

Agent Fapstronaut

It is, but hopefully with time you'll get used to it, try to find some hobbies or projects to keep you fullfilled and ignore that

6. ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved

ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved Fapstronaut

I get it mate. Something I've noticed is that it helps to look at other people who society would deem "ugly" and spend some time observing their features until you find something interesting.

For instance, type in "ugly people" or "unattractive people" on google images, and then just take it in. After a while you start to see that there is something really fascinating about what is "ugly". This is partially because "attractive" usually just means that the facial features are a good average of all possibilities—chin just right, forehead just right, cheeks just right, etc.

Heck, look at a lot of rockstars to see what I mean. There are a lot of weird-ish looking people out there who have a certain flair and attitude about them that is really awesome. The same is true of a lot of amazing characters from history. Mick Jagger, Thom Yorke, Einstein, Isaac Newton, Bach...they all look pretty "out there" and don't match the kind of bods you see on instagram.

So yeah, take care of yourself (which is a slow process of learning, I'm working on it myself). But the features that you can't change you're just gonna have to learn to deal with. If you learn to love them, other people will sense that you are not "at war" with yourself...they'll feel that you're comfortable in your own skin.