1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Struggling to sleep

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ShadyPerson, Oct 12, 2021.

1. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Is it just me or is it harder to sleep while on NoFap? I sometimes have trouble falling asleep at night and that seems to become even more of a problem on long streaks because of me being horny. Really annoying.

2. MasterofBait

MasterofBait New Fapstronaut

It definitely is. For me, when I am lying in bed and not tired, my mind often drifts to that stuff. Although, I am taking prescribed medicine that helps me sleep, and it hits like a truck putting me to sleep pretty fast. It might help to look into stuff that helps you sleep, like chamomile tea and over the counter melatonin or something.

3. Jrmz94

Jrmz94 Fapstronaut

Going for a run early in the day will help you fall asleep faster.

4. My problem is the same, and I struggle to get up from bed.

5. For how long are you using such medication?

6. It may occur once you feel anxious towards your particular motives, or the desire of practicing the habit which may be increased depending if you want it or not.
    Do you use any device while lay in bed?
    What time do you usually get up?

7. MasterofBait

MasterofBait New Fapstronaut

I've been taking it for several months now. It is called Mirtazapine. But it might be better for most to take other nighttime remedies, like the ones I listed in my previous post.

Rebooter_01 likes this.
  8. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

Set up a timer on a alarmclock, it's really the only way out of the bed early

Rebooter_01 likes this.
  9. In fact I'm already doing that!

10. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

Well done, I had to buy one like 3,5 months ago just to experience this, you dont wanna oversleep set a cost for your body to get over urges with the alarm clock, which will make you sharper, there was a point where I even could wake up minutes before the alarm clock started ticking!

Rebooter_01 likes this.
  11. What is your favorite sound you set to wake up?

12. This so true.

13. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

I set whatever, dont care much, sometimes I wish for one thats not very loud.

14. Galaxy7777

Galaxy7777 Fapstronaut

This is a problem for me as well, I can't find a way to sleep as good as I do wen i m right before bed time, I try so many ways to get used to it but it's hard, also wen I do get to sleep, I sometimes wake up randomly at midnight with Incredible anxiety and urge and even more intense wen I waked up because of an sexual dream, wen this happens I can be awake after this happens for the entire night, it's very frustrating and has been one of the main reasons I have relapsed

<script> likes this.