1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Its my birthday and I cried :(

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Scarab Beetle, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Sir Wanksaloot

Sir Wanksaloot Fapstronaut

Man, that is very moving. Nice to hear that there are people having these kinds of connections out there.

2. UncleBarnacle

UncleBarnacle Fapstronaut

Thank you. And great name. She also paid my rent in 2015 when I was about to be evicted. I paid her back. But that's the kind of Ma she was.

88991s and Scarab Beetle like this.
  3. nasikas4234

nasikas4234 New Fapstronaut

I pay for almost every birthday I have... It's a sad day for me.

88991s and Scarab Beetle like this.
  4. Scarab Beetle

Scarab Beetle Fapstronaut

There was a time in my 20's when I used to pay for my birthdays as well and enjoyed them as well. But eventually, everything just goes away and there I was now, completely alone on the day of my birthday. But the wonderful people on this forum taught me a lot on how to practice resilience and strength and I am definitely starting to get back on my feet. Its tough and most days its a struggle (I relapsed yesterday) but I am managing it.

Don't be sad :) I would like to wish you from the bottom of my heart a very Happy birthday and hope that you stay happy and content for your own self. All the love and power to you.

88991s likes this.
  5. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Don’t feel bad about this. You are simply experiencing “the void”, basically like a “nothingness”. It’s a tough place to be in. It’s not your fault all these things happened. You didn’t deserve these unlucky things. But here we are having to experience the negative side of life.

just keep going. It’s pointless and lame having to experience the bad stuff, but I guess there’s no escaping it sometimes

Scarab Beetle likes this.
  6. UncleBarnacle

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean when you say you "pay for" your birthday. Please?

7. Scarab Beetle

Its sometimes unbearably tough. And the worst part is that there is no deadline to it. I never truly know when this "void" will end and something will begin, which makes it more worse for me. The only thing which gives me relief sometimes is the though that we have this shared human condition and at the same time when I am feeling like shit, many people are feeling the same way at the exact same point of time. But the other contradiction comes when I start thinking, many people are in a happy place at this point of time. It does not make me envy them or anything like that, it just makes me sad.

Fighting the good fight like always and hope you are too.

jcl1990 likes this.
  8. UncleBarnacle

Oh my God yes. I was thinking yesterday, '"is it going to be a week? A month? A year? 5 years? Is my dick even going to work in 5 years?"

9. Scarab Beetle

Yea these thoughts plague me when I am at my roughest mind state.

BoraxKarloff likes this.
  10. silenteagle

silenteagle Fapstronaut

Belated happy birthday mate! Its incredibly hard i know. But you are brave enough to express your feelings here! So that's a small win I would say ;). Hope you had a good treat!!

Scarab Beetle and BoraxKarloff like this.
  11. Scarab Beetle

Thanks a lot brother. I am happy to say that the support of all the good people here made it possible for me to keep my emotions manageable and in check. You all made my small win convert to a big one for me. I still feel like hell several times in the day but atleast I have all of you to come back to and that's a lot :)

silenteagle likes this.
  12. HitB

HitB Fapstronaut

Being a business man and altruistic...if you ever start an altruistic business, let me know :)

I also used to enjoy reading the classics. Perhaps not the same ones. But I can relate! I don't read as much anymore...
    But yes, I think it was Charles Dickens in A Christmas Carol who said that we are all "fellow passengers to the grave." I'm glad that you took this to heart and demonstrated your act of random kindness to that woman. Kudos to you, my friend. Very inspirational! I, on the other hand, do not correct cashiers when they ring up my purchase wrong in my favor. Perhaps I am not such a good person after all... I will try to be more like you :)

13. Scarab Beetle

Hey brother, it doesn't make you a good or bad person. You'll get your chance to help someone down the road eventually, and sometimes you will have very little time to help someone. Don't think about it. Just do it. You will feel so much better after this, I can personally vouch for that. "A Christmas Carol" is one of my favorite Christmas stories I always religiously read it every December, its dark and haunting, but at the same time, beautiful and optimistic as well. My business has shut down now and I don't know what to do anymore. Feel lonely and depressed from time to time, but the community here has really helped me feel more connected :)

HitB likes this.
  14. Scarab Beetle

Great video, thanks for sharing :)

ForceMaster likes this.
  15. HitB

HitB Fapstronaut

I will join you this year, my friend. It's literally on my bookshelf because I've been meaning to read it for Christmas for years now. I've read it before, but as you said, it's a good and worthwhile read.

I don't know what your business was, but my guess is that it allowed you to learn a lot of worthwhile skills. That alone makes you an invaluable asset wherever you go. And increases the likelihood substantially that you will start your own business again in the future, I would think. Either way, I think you have excessive value. Everyone has inherent value, as anyone can act. And anyone who can take action can use that action for good or for evil. It's up to us in how we use it, in my opinion. But you, you have many skills. That would make you very marketable, I would think...depending on the business, perhaps, but I am doubtful.

16. Scarab Beetle

Looking forward for us reading it together again :)

My business was Event management and as you know Covid took all events away, due to restrictions on gatherings and crowds. I literally cannot find work in that field anymore. But like you said, maybe I will find something else down the road, I just hope I have the strength to survive and make it to that road.

88991s likes this.
  17. HitB

HitB Fapstronaut

Excellent! I have moved the book from the bookshelf to the dresser so that I won't forget when December comes.

You f*ckin better. You promised to read a book with me. And I expect you to deliver on that promise!
    But in all seriousness, I think the organization skills, personal relations skills, financial planning skills, etc. needed for event management all lend themselves to several other different, yet related, positions. It may not be a job in event management. But if you find a job that you can utilize your strengths and learned skills, you will do great and excel. You got this, man. I believe in you. :emoji_muscle:

E31 and Scarab Beetle like this.
  18. Scarab Beetle

Can't wait for December to come :) We'll be in regular touch with each other and discuss the story themes as well. Regarding work, I hope you are right and I do something with my life down the road. For now, its one day at a time.

E31 and HitB like this.
  19. Scarab Beetle

Thanks for your advice :) doing my best.

20. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

You're depressed man. You need professional help. You can get it online from anywhere in the world if you have an internet connection. I urge you to do so. Best of luck man stay strong. Remember that this is only temporary and will pass.