1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

6 Days No Caffeine Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Accountability Partner, Oct 27, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Accountability Partner

Accountability Partner Fapstronaut

I have tried to get rid of caffeine many times. Always failed. This time I am not keeping a month long challenge. Just 6 days challenge. I know I would be giving myself plenty of excuses to cheat but I hope I could overcome those urges. I will be posting my struggle/success here.

88991s, keeoolf and Chug like this.
  2. Accountability Partner

In these 6 days, I want to stay away even from mildly caffeinated drinks like green tea. Hoping to finish this challenge that I have started.

88991s and FX-05 like this.
  3. E31

E31 Fapstronaut

Best of luck! I'd probably just cease to exist if I were to undergo that right now :D

4. Chug

Chug Fapstronaut

I started craving coffee just reading that title lol!

Best of luck; the first three days are the worst. Stay hydrated and use ibuprofen or acetaminophen to combat the headaches. I used to be 6-7 cups a day and now I do one or two.

5. Accountability Partner

You can always start small

6. Accountability Partner

Thanks for the advice, noted

7. Accountability Partner

I woke up late today. Didn't have good night's sleep. A perfect excuse to have caffeine. But I hope I could see through these excuses and stay fixed on challenge. I first need to honour my small commitments, then I can go big.

Chug likes this.
  8. Accountability Partner

Like most offices, my office has free coffee too. That would be the biggest trigger to consume it. But I hope I could say No to myself.

Chug likes this.
  9. 742

742 Fapstronaut

a cup of coffee a day is pretty normal. the point is not to excess it.

10. Bloody hell, man, 6 cups a day?!?!?

I have immense headaches after the first day caffeine free...

Going to try ibuprofen than I guess...

Problem is my friend and at my work there are all caffeine addicts, so a constant supply of caffeine is supplied, asking me a thousand times a day if i want a coffee... No, thanks! I gotta go cold turkey, but i shall take ibuprofen the first week or so since my cravings and headaches are killing me and the number one reason i can not quit...

11. E31

E31 Fapstronaut

Yup, it's terrible!
    I've quit many things but none were as bad as caffeine in terms of immediate withdrawal symptoms.
    But then again I drank a normal sized mug of deep black espresso in the morning and at least 2 more throughout the day.
    The first time I did it, I felt like I had a bad flu for at least 7 days with nasty headaches and wasn't able to do anything really.

Second time with Ibuprofen and some mate tea to taper off was a bit smoother.
    Nowadays I just try to keep my intake down to a reasonable level so I can still feel benefitting effects at times were I need a little extra boost.

ARAKIS likes this.
  12. lastchanceharvey

lastchanceharvey Fapstronaut

I went cold turkey and now am 5+ weeks caffeine free.

The trick I used was to drink hot water when I wanted coffee. The heat, when sipping, may have faked my brain into thinking it was coffee; also, use the same coffee mug. Wrap your hands around the mug/glass and let the heat warm you up just like the coffee did. You may want to squeeze a bit of lime or lemon into the hot water just to keep things interesting. Occasionally switch to sparkling water.

I didn't use any painkillers as some do contain caffeine. Let your hormones do the work of returning you to your optimal state.

You *will* feel tired and want to sleep. Please do so, as the adenosine needs to come down from their artificially elevated levels during your caffeine drinking days.

There's no getting around the withdrawal symptoms, but I read somewhere doing cardio will shorten the withdrawal duration: work up a sweat with a jog or a walk; you must sweat !

If you think you absolutely must have some coffee, just open the jar and smell the roast: that always satisfies me.

Finally, another option would be to take a 7-day trip somewhere you've never been before. New environments always stimulate our minds; the anticipation and excitement would be enough distraction from your usual habits.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021