1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fake muscles vs. real muscles

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by zeke27, Oct 7, 2021.

1. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

Hello guys. Well, I'll explain what I mean by fake muscles (it's just my opinion, don't get me wrong)
    For me, testosterone injections and anabolics are a way to create fast, fake muscles without too much effort. I've seen guys swollen and bloated by these supplements that makes me think like, what are they doing to their bodies, and then it comes to the consequences, early baldness, short penis, and so on. Of course, they gain strength but they don't look natural.
    What do y'all think??

2. The muscles are not fake, they simply are pushing their bodies recoveries to the limit and some other crap happens but the muscles are not fake, I do not recommend doing it however because it always ends badly it seems, unless you are derek from more plates more dates and do extensive lab work to ensure your body is handling it fine I do not recommend taking it.

ADJLEP and <script> like this.
  3. I would never do anything like that. For me working out is more about staying healthy, strong and being able to continue play sports as I get older. From my experience the guys who are all muscled up and jacked are the ones that tend to be the ones that get injured while playing sports.

4. I cannot honestly see the point in steroid use:

1. The results are not attractive. Many studies confirm women are most attracted to the classic lean, mean athletic look (aka Brad Pitt fight club):

[​IMG]

2. This is easily attainable for most men (I estimate 90%+, especially really skinny men - who can look like this a lot easier than fat dudes) with 2-3 years solid weight training and good nutrition.

3. The down side of steroid use on health are well know (increase heart disease risk, hair loss, infertility, etc).

4. The only people using steroids are either people with body dis-morphism, professional athletes/Hollywood 'super heroes' (cf: Chris Hemsworth below) or maybe gay men who like that unnatural Arnold look.

[​IMG]

(those delts are the give away - you will never see those on a guy not using steroids at super high levels)

5. PegasusKid

PegasusKid Fapstronaut

A lot of people do it safely or use less intense alternatives like sarms, and with more and more info coming out because of people using it they tend to mitigate the side effects a bit. There are still other side effects and health consequences of course but to each their own I say. I don't think a lot of people really care how they get results, as long as they get them and I'm similar, just wouldn't go as far as steroids though because for my purposes and fitness goals excessive muscle would actually be a downside. But if your goal is just to be as big as possible I get it.

Bogo Biggins likes this.
  6. MJWatson

MJWatson New Fapstronaut

I completely agree with you.

7. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Fapstronaut

Steroids do not give you easy gains. People seem to think that taking steroids will instantly give you free muscles without having to train, that is not the case. You still need to put in a ton of effort in order to grow big, but your potential reaches new limits.

I_Love_Pizza and danielghbr like this.