1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can overthinking be cured?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by JustLeave07, Oct 29, 2021.

1. JustLeave07

JustLeave07 Fapstronaut

I got insulted yesterday
    A guy (of very arrogant and rude nature) shook hands with two friends just standing besides me but when it came my turn , and I extended my hand he ignored me and walked off , I thought he might have not noticed so I went to him and said "Hey , You didn't noticed me " to which he replied "Is it really necessary to shake hands with you?"
    ,Everyone who saw that started laughing at me .

I may pretend that I don't care , but I don't know why I actually care , my friend told me not to care and forget what happened but I have an stupid habit of overthinking everything , so I wasted my night in thinking "Why it happened to me " , even in the morning I woke it was the first thought that struck in my mind.

Even I mostly remember all the moments me getting insulted (Which happens rarely)
    I am seriously done with this habit , I think about little things more than anyone , even my friends are of actually carefree nature who doesn't care about such type of incidents .

Is OVERTHINKING a part of personality which can't be cured?

Bemybest, ndaty and Akbarmagnus like this.
  2. I myself am an overthinker, this is part of your personality that will never fully go away but you can stop it to an extent. Overthinking is caused by insecurity and uncertainty and in your case you believed that something must have been wrong with you and you doubted yourself, the way to cure this is to become perfectly content and happy with who and how you are, you let him make you believe that you were not worth shaking hands with when in reality it is his problem and something he needs to sort out. Instead of getting upset about it you should have shrugged it off and said to yourself nothing is wrong with me, that guy is just not a good person.

Bemybest, ndaty, Akbarmagnus and 3 others like this.
  3. jee2022

jee2022 Fapstronaut

nofap will definetly help
    you can also search that ''how to become a sigma male"

ndaty, BravelyKegger and JustLeave07 like this.
  4. JustLeave07

JustLeave07 Fapstronaut

Thank you brother !!!

ndaty, jee2022 and BravelyKegger like this.
  5. Here’s how I see it because I have reacted the same way and am working on myself to not react negatively to encounters like that. We have an image of ourself, how we carry ourself, manners, politeness, etc etc. When we get into a situation where someone behaves opposite of what we think is “right” aka the way we want to carry ourself as a man, we take it negatively and hurt ourself because all of a sudden we think we aren’t worthy. All because of a slick jerk move by someone. You see? That’s their personality, nothing against you at all, you just came across them and experienced how people can act because we all have our own ways. That being said, accept that people in your future will be like that and it’s nothing against you. You may seem like the target but you aren’t, their actions speak for themself.

- Don’t watch sigma male or any other Internet personality/pick up/blah blah bs

-Be secure in yourself and of your accomplishments, struggles, experiences and any move that you don’t appreciate won’t effect your mind. You build yourself and how you react to the world.

ndaty and jee2022 like this.
  6. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

I think exposing yourself to more stressful social interactions helps greatly with killing overthinking.

I used to overthink a lot, I still do, but I know when I am presented with a social challenge that I know will cause me stress, I have to take it.

He probably did forget to shake your hands and decided to make a joke of it, but I don't know him and I know that would insult me if he did it to me, but the thing is I wouldn't assign any more meaning to it other than he's probably a jerkoff and when I get my chance to clown him in front of everyone I will. I don't think taking that approach is vindictive or petty, because it's the golden rule "Treat how you want to be treated."

ndaty and Akbarmagnus like this.
  7. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

I am currently doing the opposite, i overthink too much i started blaming those around me for petty things (in my mind) then i felt sad and sometimes even cried
    so i decided to distance myself, cuz i don't wanna be sad and i don't wanna feel the guilt of blaming them for nothing!
    what i was told is that the world moves on, with or without u! I've problems of memory too like i remember a lot, but i realized it's only me.. my friends they forget easily, and so i treat them they way i want to be treated but they seldom notice (or it's me overthinking now bcuz they might have noticed)