1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Struggling with commitment

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BravelyKegger, Nov 2, 2021.

1. As far back as I can remember I have never been good at staying committed, even when people suffer like at old jobs the desire to go home and relax was so strong that I did not care what happened. I remember at one job I wanted to go home early so I made up an excuse to leave, my partner at the job was being overwhelmed by herself and I abandoned her even tho she called out to me in desperation, we never talked again after that. And in my life now I have friends who I keep making promises to for things like hanging out or calling them but I never do, it is always one excuse after the other for me. At my job now I know that I need to stay late if I am to help out and catch up on work but when they say I can go home that desire is all I think about even tho I know this will cause me anxiety in the future. I do not know how to break this selfish cycle I am in, I am tired of being a liar and not doing what I need to, my selfish actions is ruining relationships with the little friends I have and is hurting me badly at work, what do I do!

wicket likes this.
  2. TheLightOne

TheLightOne Fapstronaut

You noticed your behaviour and you know how to behave. Implement

Akbarmagnus and BravelyKegger like this.
  3. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

4. You are right... I lack a reason to do the things I should, perhaps my reason can be God, if I want to follow in his footsteps then I need to put on and mirror his qualities. Kindness, patience, willingness, I will not be doing these things for me but for others and by doing that Gods glory may be shown to all.

MindfulWarrior and Akbarmagnus like this.
  5. It is Finished

It is Finished Fapstronaut

I can tell you from experience that the loss of your vital male essence is at the root of this problem. It is the animating force behind everything you do. Animals dedicate their lives to showcasing their worth to the opposite sex. We are no different. Some of it may be on a subconscious level, but it’s always there. So obviously when you’re tricking your body into thinking your getting some constantly. It loses desire for everything else.

6. wicket

wicket Fapstronaut

The only thing I feel committed to other than managing to not leave my job I despise by now is a savage addiction that honestly requires a ton of work to keep active I could be committing to something that doesn't consume my life so I don't think remaining committed to feeding my addictions will ever help me be less selfish nor capable of committing to anything that doesn't serve the addiction dark night of the soul battle between dark and light The Force will aid thee if thou art brave enough to endure the test.

I am a weak peasant and town drunkard yet I won't give up despite the beast having the upper hand sry to dump my own crap I wanna start volunteering immediately even if I cannot get clean to show up better.

If your job doesn't make you feel powerless and exploited I guess that is a nice improvement you are striving for. For me I know I won't stop using unless I find work that doesn't conflict me from the inside out.

7. wicket

wicket Fapstronaut