1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Heirs of the Sun conversational and updating thread

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Knight Solaire, Sep 3, 2015.

Would my soldiers be interested in a Nofap War?

1. Yes, I will destroy my foes!

25 vote(s)
    89.3%
  2. No, I will continue peacefully.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. Knight Solaire

Knight Solaire Fapstronaut

Recently, Alexander has given me the task of beta testing the group feature. With this, I decided to create a group for people new or trained, that's sole purpose was to go out and help people.

I have a extensive list of complicated improvements I plan on laying out, but for now I have made a simplified ranking system for people that join to feel more motivated to help. I want this group to be there for people looking for someone to turn to and to not have to worry about make a thread and hearing 50,000 different answers.

The groups name is Heirs of the Sun. It is the only group besides Alexander's cat group so it shouldn't be hard to find.

I want this group to be a group of individuals who spread hope in all fapstronaunts. I want people who are motivated and love to help others. As of right now, I'm not sure as to how the rank system will go, but here is a rough draft of the ranks:

Okay, so I think I have a rough sketch of what I want the ranks to be. Let me know what you guys think.

Knight Solair - Founder
    Gravelord - Admin/Moderator
    Sentinel of the Sun - 100+ people helped
    Dragonslayer - 95
    Abysswalker - 90
    Grey Wolf - 85
    Pursuer - 80
    Crossbreed - 75
    Flamelurker - 70
    Storm King - 65
    Lord of Cinder - 60
    Fire Sage - 55
    Servant of the Sun - 50
    Pyromancer - 45
    Sorcerer - 40
    Chaos Mage - 35
    Knight - 30
    Swordsman - 25
    Lancer - 20
    Angry Farmer - 15
    Commoner - 10
    Peasant - 5
    Undead - 0

I am so happy to have this chance to do something important for the Nofap community. This will be the place I am going to ask all helped individuals to tag their helper. It is going to be the placeholder until we get a more defined basis for how people will tank up. I am completely open to suggestions.

Feel free to post them here or go check out the group for yourself. Take in mind it is still in beta phase.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

Like it, although it's a little bit Dungeons & Dragons for me… :)
    My only thought is
    0 = Sleepwalker
    1 = Awakener
    or to be a bit harsher;
    0 = Wanker
    1 = Not a wanker

Probably not ticking the compassionate box there. Or the helpful one.
    But a bit of an attempt at humour.

3. I'd be happy to help! As I've said before, helping others is my NoFap.

4. I dont have a long streak but I am willing to help,in anyway possible.

Calm and Knight Solaire like this.
  5. wildwood

wildwood Fapstronaut

Sounds really awesome :D I would love to join, hitting my 90 soon so I can attest to how awesome this journey can be, I bet @Forte B. would totally be interested too! :p

6. Pureheart

Pureheart Fapstronaut

Why need a ranking? Is there a reward or something?

Knight Solaire and DanVT like this.
  7. sirfapstinence

sirfapstinence Fapstronaut

8. DanVT

DanVT Fapstronaut

Sir, reporting for duty, sir!

Knight Solaire likes this.
  9. Just for fun I guess.

Indignation and Knight Solaire like this.
  10. Strugglesaurus

Strugglesaurus Fapstronaut

I was thinking (and I ran this across @Sun Bro already) that the members of the group would message the admins when they have helped enough people to go up a rank, and the admin would check their post history to verify before ranking them up. Also, there are no rewards at this point, but he is wanting us to have flair under our names, like "Nofap Supporter", for our ranking eventually. You could click on it and it would take you to Heirs of the Sun! If that is even within @alexander's power and resources. It would be neat, though.

Groups are still in beta, and Sun Bro has a lot to think about before Heirs of the Sun is fully completed.

Anyone have any other ideas of how we could verify that we helped newbies?

Asgardian36 and Knight Solaire like this.
  11. TemporaryUsername3892

TemporaryUsername3892 Fapstronaut

12. Knight Solaire

That's the point buddy. The ranks are based off of a medieval themed video game called Dark Souls. The whole theme of the group is credited towards a faction in the game of the same name. In the game, you help others with challenging parts of the game, bosses, etc. and rank up in the faction by helping others.

I thought it a perfect idea for a nofap group.

I was thinking about maybe making two more people admins to help me organize and keep track of people's progress. I know you have the DDCC challenge to worry about, but I would be happy to have your help.

That's another thing this group is good for. It will discipline you to help others and occupy your time with something more productive. No long streak needed! :D

Love to have you wildwood!

For now, there is no specific "reward" but to be able to be part of a well liked group of individuals bent on making this forum a better place! I am also looking into flair that will say your rank!

Will do my fine sir!

Get to work undead! You have to help people to get your souls back!

I personally think it is a wonderful idea. Maybe put your ranks in your signature such as: Heirs of the Sun Rank: Undead. I am just going to need a admin or two to help keep track of everyone.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    wildwood and sirfapstinence like this.
  13. Knight Solaire

Good to have you!

TemporaryUsername3892 likes this.
  14. ThatOneGuy56

ThatOneGuy56 Fapstronaut

Sure I'll join! Since I'm just starting am I just a peasant or a Lord of Cinder?

15. Strugglesaurus

Something we could do progress-wise, fitting in with the theme of the Dark Souls games, would be something to do with "souls".

In the Dark Souls games there are others' souls you find that you can "pop" that give you souls to use to level up.

Maybe:

Fading Soul: 14 days

Soul of a Lost Undead: 30 days

Soul of a Nameless Soldier: 60 days

Soul of a Proud Knight: 90 days

Soul of a Brave Warrior: 180 days

Soul of a Hero: 365 days

Soul of a Great Hero: 365+ days

Just an idea! Anyone who is familiar with the games, feel free to tweak this. ;)

wildwood and Knight Solaire like this.
  16. Strugglesaurus

The only ranking system he has come up with so far is one for helping others. Your rank would be based off of how many people you've helped on the forums, so you would be an Undead when you first join.

17. ThatOneGuy56

ThatOneGuy56 Fapstronaut

Okay I understand thanks for the info.

18. Knight Solaire

I love this idea! @Insanezombieman, what do you think? You were asking about pmo progress ranks.

Indignation and Strugglesaurus like this.
  19. IGY

IGY Guest

I know this idea is coming from a good and sincere place, but I am not comfortable with it.

As I have rebooted, the only reason for me to remain on NoFap is to offer compassion and help to others. However, the notion of being ranked for whatever support I can give feels wrong for me. I fear it will breed competition, which is not conducive with altruism. Sorry to be the one to strike a discordant note. :(

20. Knight Solaire

If i even get the hint that it is starting to become like that I will correct it. For now, it is all in a manner of motivation and fun to help people. It isn't just for people to help people outside of the group, but people are joining to get help also.

You are welcome to give suggestions as to what you think would make the group better buddy.

Also, this is all completely optional for the people in the group, but really? Who doesn't want their signature to say Abysswalker with the Soul of a Hero?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    CrazyGopher and Strugglesaurus like this.