1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Zinc supplement makes me horny

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Beekind, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

Everytime i add zinc supplement to my diet i start sleeping better with vivid dreams.
    But it also makes me horny and with huge morning wood that lasts long.
    Does anyone experience such a bizarre side effect?

2. Yes, I took Zinc for a short amount of time and experienced the same thing.

3. PatrickBasedman

PatrickBasedman Fapstronaut

Not really a side effect, cause zinc increases free testosterone in the body. This is where the idea of shellfish as an aphrodisiac comes from - cause they contain zinc.

Beekind likes this.
  4. PatrickBasedman

Might make it harder to cope with urges, be wary!

Legacy of Lost Soul and Beekind like this.
  5. So severe? I doubt a natural mineral supplement will cause a relapse. I'd love to try anything to get stronger erections again.

FX-05 likes this.
  6. PatrickBasedman

Well I never tried it myself, but OP said it made him horny. If you already struggle with urges it might make it harder.

Beekind and AuwL0ng like this.
  7. Zinc is natural and should be balanced with copper ~ 50 mg zinc to 2 mg of copper to not cause aneurism. I used to avoid it but everytime you ejaculate, you loose some of it and should replenish yourself for health purposes. It's in men's multiple vitamins too. It's responsible for many processes in body. I was king of food and supplement avoidance to try to avert getting horny. But getting horny is one sign of being a healthy man. I stopped avoiding foods and supplements that make me horny after realizing testosterone is a vital part of a man's health overall and not just reproductive. Accepting that when God made me a man, horniness is a part of it helps me better deal with/accept that part of myself, even though being horny can cause issues if not managed properly. It's ok to have two heads. Just the one on the neck should be in control of one below belt. Easier said than done. My two heads argue a lot. And sometimes the one closer to the ground has won- a lot of times, even to point of hijacking the one on my shoulders. It's a matter of discipline I believe. But zinc is good and essential for us men. I don't think some extra will hurt us in this estrogen laced world we live in.

spot618 and Beekind like this.
  8. ManInMacc

ManInMacc Fapstronaut

Yes I take zinc and I wouldn’t say it makes me any hornier, but it has improved the ‘quality’ of my erections. And it’s definitely made my loads a lot bigger.

Beekind and Jonyx like this.
  9. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

You lost me at this point. What? :confused::

Beekind likes this.
  10. It's ok to be sexually driven and motivated (head 1) but do so responsibly and non-destructively(head 2). Example of balance between the 2 heads: I am horny as hell and have an insatiable sex drive. So let me find a wife for companionship and sexual release and start a family and add to the population. Bill Gates of Hell won't like this. The Eugenist population control maniac. But does this explanation help?

FX-05 and Beekind like this.
  11. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Ok thanks.

12. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

That is Exactly what i was thinking.
    I am having the hardest morning woods ever.
    My semen is probably four times the volume.
    I am horny during the day.
    But what if this is temporary and what if i could channel this energy towards my goals.
    I am a man and as Napoleon Hill said, men's attraction is due to his sexual energy.

Ghost101 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

I take zinc supplements midday with meals, not at night. I never had this problem. And, I take other supplements, too. Is zinc the only supplement you take?

Beekind likes this.
  14. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

It is always been like that with zinc.
    I take a high strength multi with 8 mg of zinc + i added 25mg .
    It helps me sleep better.
    I try to skip few days.
    I also try to eat lamb liver to add copper to balance the zinc.

FX-05 and Jonyx like this.
  15. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

I take 50 mg from zinc citrate

Beekind and Jonyx like this.
  16. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

Wow, now after few weeks on zinc , i find myself back to normal...no urges to fight.
    The body will eventually adjust.
    Thank you guys for your replies

AuwL0ng and Jonyx like this.
  17. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Interesting!

Beekind likes this.
  18. For me its Ginger Root.

FX-05 and Beekind like this.
  19. It is Finished

It is Finished Fapstronaut

I’ve been taking high quality liquid zinc sulfate daily for pretty much 5 years now. It’s essential for immune function, and part of the reason ejaculation is harmful is because we lose precious zinc stores. In fact.. most men aren’t getting enough zinc because it’s depleted in most foods due to copper based pesticides interacting with zinc in the soil where crops are grown. Coupled with not eating enough earth grown foods to begin with. And.. most men are pretty horny. So, no I don’t think zinc makes you horny.

An0nym0use1234 and Beekind like this.