1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

2. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

3. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

I've been away for a while, but im hoping to get back to it.

Checking in for day 0 - let's do this

HE^MAN, LuckyMan, Kairose and 7 others like this.
  4. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Relapsed...Wow so uhh, that did not last long. I think that constant fishing for triggers finally reached its boiling point, I'm obviously really upset but at least I completely know why I relapsed. First thing I need to do is remove the lock on my door because that's the only thing allowing me to use my VR browser without fear of being caught. I've been feeling a little better (compared to the rest of this winter so far) for the past couple of days so hopefully I can start to make some progress and get some of my rhythm back.

5. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 6.

It was a cosy day home, resting with my wife, not a lot of urges.

6. Sheesh, I've missed a good few check-ins, including one report of a relapse. So, now I'm at Day 1 complete.

This is hard to admit, and it feels especially whiny when I'm living in a community with 160 other very solid dudes, but loneliness is definitely a streak-killer for me. I'm not the kind of person who makes friends very quickly or easily, and the allure of self-medicating with some curated but FAKE Internet image can be hard for my brain to resist. I'm making it a goal on this streak to leave my door open more frequently. That'll help keep me accountable by making my room more of a public space, and perhaps it'll encourage folks to stop by and chat.

Christ the King, have mercy on us!

7. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

57 days
    This time I'll make it to the 90

8. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

9. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 4 - Orc, The Dark Tower Barad-Dûr

10. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Woke up with a really bad knee. This happens sometimes these days, but it was really bad this morning. It's a lot better now, despite being on my feet all day at work. Decided to do some favors and cover a bunch of shifts for a couple people... Hope I don't regret that.

I think I'm almost ready to move on... I just don't know what to do. Working standard 9-5 style jobs like that isn't going to get me closer to my goal, I need online passive income so I can become location independent. Maybe remote work...

MS PBH, HE^MAN, LuckyMan and 6 others like this.
  11. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

8 days, so I’m a Uruk-Hai now! Busy day yesterday and today the work week is starting again… Glad I got a slow day with lots of self care on Saturday at least.

MS PBH, HE^MAN, LuckyMan and 6 others like this.
  12. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 273 no PMO. Checking in for day one for my vacation at the in-laws house. So far so good. It’s supposed to rain all day today so I will be stuck in the house. My plan is to not take my phone to the bathroom and that should be enough to get me through the day.

13. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

Day 49
    I'm still in the flatline period. I always feel tired, I have no motivation to do anything. On the other hand, I'm happy because it's been 49 days and it's amazing! I have still at least 41 days to go but my progress makes me happy!

14. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in Day 1
    This is a good likeness right now:

upload_2021-11-22_13-53-33.png

15. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Started this book yesterday and will post progress here also:

16. Bucketo

Bucketo Fapstronaut

Day 33 - Elf

I’m working from home this week. I’m glad I don’t have to drive, but I’m worried because my last job let me work from home, and I was very tempted to waste time on video games, Youtube, and, on rare occasion, PMO. I’m also going to work like 12 hours today so that I can take off later this week (I don’t get paid time off for the holiday, whatever I don’t work, I don’t get paid). Feeling tired already, I worked 5 hours yesterday afternoon to get a head start on the week. Looking forward to Wednesday night, that’s when my roommates and I are planning our Thanksgiving meal. Might pick up some new games for Black Friday shopping when I stop working this evening. I haven’t played that game with the triggering PC since Friday, and my urges feel smaller and more manageable than on Saturday. I’m quitting PMO for younger me, he deserves for me to be strong. I want to do the difficult thing, even when it sucks. Hope y’all have a good day.

17. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship!! :)

I´m feeling a lot better today, no flu or merely residual sympthoms. Already took my cold shower in the morning, but i will skip the wim hof breathing and the meditation, no time at all, very busy day today, but i will do my light workout when i got home, before dinner.

no urges or temptations, i´m in total flatline.

Nothing more to add. Have a great day brotherhood!! Stay in the path :)

18. bmcmanansmith

bmcmanansmith Fapstronaut