1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is your favorite warrior in history?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by JustLeave07, Apr 3, 2021.

What was quality of my English? I am working on it.

1. 9/10

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. 5/10

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. 2/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Wrestling is also very good

2. Fair enough.

There is a lot of mental game to nonviolent action too. You have to learn how to get the shit beat out of you and not respond. Pretty tough thing to do. Also in a sense people who fight with nonviolence are braver than people who do not. They put their lives at risk and have no way to defend themselves except through their moral force. They are literally relying on the goodness in the hearts of observers and the people who oppose them to win the day.

If you define a warrior as someone who tries to enact their will in the world against the resistance of an opposing force, then it doesn't matter whether you use weapons or not.

EDIT: I admire "violent" warriors too, mostly those fighting to preserve their way of life and their ancestral lands like Crazy Horse or Geronimo. Sometimes you have no choice and you gotta do what you gotta do to defend yourself and your loved ones. I'd like to see a time though when war is simply not needed, and that's the ideal that MLK and Gandhi fought for, which is why I admire them most of all.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2021
    JustLeave07 and CarP like this.
  3. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I did some kung for some years, I would like to know some floor fight, is essential, @PanteriMauzer will probably kick my ass. Even do I'm quite strong. Maybe a lucky punch I could take him down.

wicket likes this.
  4. PanteriMauzer

I kinda agree with you sure you are right in some way, but im my opinion some people cant be dealt with just words, but with action "love the enemy but not the weaked"

But me being not a very talkative person who still has to develop his talk skills , i feel much more connected and admire much more warriors like The Red Baron Manfred Von Richtofen (best plane fighter in WWI or "White Death "Simo Hayha finnish snipper who killed aprox 550 russians who were invading his country

I also want a time were war isnt needed because war is bad for everyone literally and alot of misery happens but that doesnt stop me tl admire the brave warriors who fought it

5. PanteriMauzer

Kung fu doesnt have much expression in mma sooo.... there are better martial arts

Ahahhahah your joking with me ahahah im no world class champ ahahah quite the opposite(dispite i train with some world class champions) , im not bad but at same time alot of people beat me up, i suffer alot of punishment but also do some ahahha and i like that, i get my body very beat up but when i finish my train its an amazing sensation the ability to endure pain makes me proud , its like duty accomplished !

modern milarepa likes this.
  6. JustLeave07

JustLeave07 Fapstronaut

You deserve a like for that , your thoughts are beautiful bro !!!

7. wicket

wicket Fapstronaut

The Romans deployed 50,000 cavalry in a single battle already in 43 BC, so the biggest ever cavalry charge may have been larger than 12,000.

The Mongols fought in armies of 20,000 - 30,000 cavalry, most were horse archers, so they didn't probably execute charges larger than this 12,000 charge. This 12,000 charge may have been the largest single charge ever up to that point, if they tell so it is among the well documented cases at least.

To be more specific and recent Fleet Master Chief Derrick Walters

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  8. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Joan of Arc. Obviously. Fucking badass

QuiggyG, aricking and Saskia Simone like this.
  9. If for warrior you mean a human that use sword, ecc.. i'll Say Julius Caesar or Sun Tzu (despite he is more mythologic)c
    If we talk about every kind of warriors like, warriors agai nst their time i'll say Nietzsche, and Giordano Bruno (Honorary mention to Jeremiah despite we ca n't know if he's real)

aricking likes this.
  10. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

Julius caesar was 50 when he started his military career and augustus was a physical coward, roman in general were a lot smarter than their later europeans successor and generals sat safely behind the lines while centurions did the hard work.
    If we talk about pure warrior over generalship you cannot go wrong with people who led from the front such as alexander or my personal favorite khalid ibn wallid(i personally believe that this man is one of the main reason islam became such a big thing).

11. aricking

aricking Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Mine is Ramen Guy from Naruto then

12. QuiggyG

QuiggyG Fapstronaut

Probably Richard the Lionheart or St Joan of Arc.

aricking likes this.
  13. QuiggyG

QuiggyG Fapstronaut

Based St Joan. She was my original option for my confirmation saint, but sadly my diocese did not allow males to take on female saints for some weird reason. Still pretty devo about it but I still pray for her guidance.

14. svwluke

svwluke Fapstronaut

Stephen Curry.

Are aren't we talking about the Golden State Warriors?

15. QuiggyG

QuiggyG Fapstronaut

I
    lmao In that case then, either Kevin Durant or Andrew Boggart when they played for the GSW.

16. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

That’s so cool! What a weird choice of them smh. But yeah she’s incredible. I always wondered what she would be like if she lived today, I don’t think we at this age can realise the impact she had on her time. Also, not a warrior, more a political woman, but still a fighter in her own way: Hildegard von Bingen is the coolest of all saints

17. Sorry but both Julius and Augustus are mythological but i larp like they are both real guys.

aricking likes this.
  18. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

What?
    You are saying all the historical record about them are fake? how did you come to that conclusion?

aricking likes this.
  19. Archangel VIII

Archangel VIII Fapstronaut

I don't know many warriors, but the white death (Simo Häyhä) is pretty fucking badass. He was just a Finnish farmer (with past military experience I think) who singlehandedly killed 500+ soviets with a sniper rifle and some even on foot with a machine gun. He was so powerful that the soviets shifted their attention to just him instead of whatever they were doing in Finland, and he fucked them. The dude was only 5'3.

aricking likes this.
  20. Did you know all the Julius Caesar books are made by ghost writers (I was reading a book of Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff and it even say De Bello Civile of Caesar is the only book that talked about Alexandrian Civil War but i am not sure) and not by him? And we don't have ''originals'' of that period because they are all copies but it would be credible if was only him because is the same for example for Aristotle or Plato, their text are all copies and original fragments does not exist, and what we have is mostly based on translations from Arabians because europeans magically lost their works, and same many many other authors. All of what we know about Plato and Aristotle Life (except for middle age copies of their texts) is told us by Diogene Laerzio 500-600 years later (but he existed?). I call it Quagmire of History. I mean, beliving in all the histories of ancient time is like a question of faith.

(I miss to say i don't belive 100% to this, and honestly i hope i am not right, what i mean is that we have to maintain a critical thinking about all the ancient history...for example i said Sun Tzu, like LaoTzu and many other ancient chinese people now we are not sure if they really existed or are legends based on a real character, same for Jeremiah)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2021
    aricking likes this.