1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

37 Days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Alberto Levi, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Alberto Levi

Alberto Levi Fapstronaut

I have been without POM for 37 days, these last few days have been very difficult due to anxiety, my mind plays tricks on me for not giving him his drug, any advice or someone to tell me if it is normal? I'm not going to relapse, but I don't like these kinds of moments either, usually intrusive thoughts come that I can't stop and it also comes to me with depersonalization, it's a very uncomfortable feeling, but I have faith that one day they will be greatly reduced.

Srisurya, Ayahuasca and ShotDunyun like this.
  2. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Fapstronaut

Hey traveler, one thing you'll see often around here from other peoples' success stories is a meditation practice. I, personally, am a huge advocate for the practice, and credit it with being the catalyst for healing my anxiety, depression, and much more. Try an app like Headspace or Google how to do mindfulness meditation. You mentioned that you have intrusive thoughts: part of the "magic" of meditation is it helps you realize that you are not your thoughts. Thoughts happen to you, and they don't need to be taken "so personally". Meditation is the key to freedom from the thinking, worrying, problem-creating mind.

Hope that helps. Other healthy habits are useful as well. Happy to answer any Q's. Stay strong

Alberto Levi likes this.
  3. Alberto Levi

Alberto Levi Fapstronaut

If you look at what happens, it is that this year I was very bad emotionally and mentally, so I decided to take actions and decisions that would help me in the future, I started with multivitamins, with a routine of walking 30 minutes a day, since I do not study or I wanted and want to do that to increase my energy, not be so tired all day and be happy and live the moments very well, I started with that, in addition to sleeping well and trying to eat well, it has helped me a lot, but since I decided to take action on this addiction, I am not saying that the above does not continue to work for me, but precisely this week, days 32, 35 and 37 have been very difficult in terms of fatigue, intrusive thoughts and depersonalization, it is terrifying that you scared of who you are, that you do not recognize yourself, or that it makes you strange to see your family, these are episodes not so closely followed, and usually happen little, but the thoughts are those that haunt me, they usually come with things to which they I had a huge fear e (not much anymore) and they make me uncomfortable and I feel like I can't, but at the end of the day, I visualize everything I've done and everything I've dared to do to be happy with myself.
    I have been taking daily vitamins for 80 days, and 80 days walking daily, first I started with 30 minutes and currently 35, on day 90 I will go up to 40 minutes, I try to eat well, sleep well, shower daily and put a meditation in the shower, then from the shower if I feel more relaxed, I suppose it is due to meditation, also every night I talk to God, I put a prayer of 4 minutes and I say it, I have not failed any day, I feel proud of everything I have achieved in so little time, but sometimes I feel very overwhelmed, and sometimes I also use crying to vent, I have a couple of friends, some help me and my family too, I just don't tell them about my nofap challenge, I'm 18 years old and I hope and have faith that within a year or two, I'll be shining like never before.

4. *FEID1”

*FEID1” Fapstronaut

Why you don’t want to find a girlfriend?