1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone have tips on skincare?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by YoungLenny, Dec 16, 2020.

Did you have problems with your skin before Nofap?

1. yes

80.0%
  2. no

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. yah always if you can afford it go natural with your products.

Trulsbrotha likes this.
  2. YoungLenny

YoungLenny Fapstronaut

yeah:emoji_joy:

3. Acne has a list of possible causes and/or aggravating factors. Eczema is very similar, and may sometimes be confused with acne. While acne can sometimes be related to cleanliness, I don't think it is the majority cause by any means. Allergies, toxins, and nutrient deficiencies are all far more likely. In my case, eating chocolate will bring on the acne within a day or two. Eating potatoes will cause a skin rash that covers almost my entire chest. Each person will be different, and you have to figure out what your body likes and doesn't like on your own. But there are some basic principles that will be true for everyone.

There are several types of allergies. The "instant" reactions get the most press--and medical attention. Hospitals will usually test for this type using skin tests or an IgA RAST blood test. But there are other reactions that take longer to become noticeable, and which, actually, are more common/important to know about. Most doctors won't think of testing for the longer-term reaction via the IgG test, but if you can find one who does, it may be worth the money (probably around $200+ for a full foods panel test of 100+ common foods). There's a little bit of background on these several tests HERE, but of course there is much out there if you wish to look for more.

Skin health depends on certain nutrients more than others, including vitamins A, C, E, and zinc. That last one tends to get depleted when one drains his vital essence on a daily basis, though a meat-eating diet will often provide a lot of this. For a vegetarian, pumpkin seeds and certain other foods can be good sources of zinc; or you can just use a zinc supplement. One thing to look for is white spots in fingernails. If you see some, you may need zinc.

Trulsbrotha likes this.
  4. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Great advice so far. I was always assured that the chocolate thing was a myth, and yet my acne always flared up after a chocolate bar. Should be an easy thing to cut out, or at least, cut down to special occasions only.

It's difficult changing your diet if you live with your parents. At least avoid drinking milk - stick to water, and drink plenty of it.

Trulsbrotha likes this.
  5. Chazz1111

Chazz1111 Fapstronaut

Heyy I’ll tell you now research into proper products will help not just store bought ones so I’ll tell u what I use

my skin was the OILIEST most slick skin I’ve ever seen spots all across my cheeks and huge pore - now I have glowing smooth skin

I use:
    Ceravee face wash for oily skin in the shower 2x a day

Clean and clear dual action moisturiser - use any moisturiser that doesn’t break u out

!! Nip and Fab Glycolic fix night pads!! These are chemical exfoliation pads to use instead of physical exfolistors because they ha your skin it has glycolic acid in which is the smallest molecule in skin care and is the most effective in penetrating the skin and allows for the salycilic acid to get in and clean the pores by taking the top layer of skin off - use these alternate days and I swear your skin will clear up

6. Chananain

Chananain New Fapstronaut

7. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

In general, the best care for skin is to keep it clean. Second, sunscreen. Third, moisturize. Fancy products are relatively unnecessary. Of course, acne may involve additional care, readily available.

8. YoungLenny

YoungLenny Fapstronaut

idk why but i have really clear skin now, most of the acne have disepeard, ido have some pimples but it something i can live with. and i have stopped using moisturizer because ive learnt that humans have natural moisturizer in there body so we dont really need any moisturizer because that will only make your skin more dryer especially in the winter. now my skin is perfectly natural moist everyday.

9. I recommend for dry skin using Jojoba oil at night before bed and using a healthy lotion in the morning, when you bathe or shower use lukewarm or cold water, heat really dries the skin out badly. For me my face acne went away after trying a product called acutane which I think is called something else now, but really I grew out of acne. After my face acne went away it all moved to my chest, arms, and back, I think this was just me growing but the way I got rid of it was by cutting out dairy products, it was so bad I never took my shirt off but it all went away when I went to bootcamp and had no dairy so I am sure that was the cause and I drank tons of milk and cooked all my food in butter. Even now I sometimes get chest acne if I consume dairy so I avoid it.

10. I'd recommend this guy on YouTube. I learned a lot from him.

I've always had pretty good skin genetically, but I never really did anything special to take care of it. But after watching Hyram, I started using hyaluronic acid serum and moisturizer with SPF daily, after washing my face in the shower with Simple brand face wash.

I also very very rarely wear makeup these days (probably not a factor for most of you here), which is always better for your skin.

11. Junco

Junco New Fapstronaut

Toma proteína de colágeno

12. LillianPeterson

LillianPeterson New Fapstronaut

I've struggled with acne for many years. I couldn't find any products suitable for my face. It was just getting worse!

13. Branchman

Branchman Fapstronaut

What about going with a dermatologist?

14. EveAng

EveAng Fapstronaut

Much depends on your diet and a style of life. If you have bad habits, it'll be shown on your skin. I do have a treatment, Arazlo from Canada Pharmacy, but use it just in case of emergency. I excluded much from my diet, drink plenty of water, take care of my skin daily as it was too hard to get rid of acne I was prone to.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023