1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Loneliness as trigger

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Simorgh, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Simorgh

Simorgh Fapstronaut

Hey folks,

I think loneliness has been a key trigger for me into relapses. I think it goes hand in hand with 'sitting idle' for me.

Any ideas on how to overcome feelings of loneliness? I mean immediate steps

All best to you from,
    ElK

BenSarek likes this.
  2. BenSarek

BenSarek Fapstronaut

Immediate steps go for a walk, and say hello to people you meet along the way. Go to the stores say hello to three random people.

Long term go and join some IRL groups with the same interests as you. Book clubs, sports, food etc.

ReInForced_Elk likes this.
  3. Simorgh

Simorgh Fapstronaut

Thanks!! What is an IRL group?

4. BenSarek

BenSarek Fapstronaut

In real life - IRL

5. Simorgh

Simorgh Fapstronaut

I'm slowly learning the terminology :D Great advice. Thank you.

BenSarek likes this.
  6. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Be open, and find people to talk to and hang with mate, is not technically rocket science, but you have to be open, and think of people as a learning experience, you never know what someone can bring into your life, until you give people that chance.

I myself used to suffer a lot because of this, interacting with people I don't know used to feel like a tiresome experience, but I grew to know, that you have to be open to the chance that perhaps that person can bring something to your life you are absolutely clueless about, so just....talk to people, ask them about stuff, let them ask you stuff, do them small favours, so they can ask small favours from you, and some of those interactions will grow into a broader network and you won't feel as lonely as a result.

Just my take on it.