1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I feel extremely empty

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by StayClean&Proactive, Dec 16, 2021.

1. StayClean&Proactive

StayClean&Proactive Fapstronaut

I'm part of the class of 2020 and I had an extremely horrible senior year, which caused me long term mental problems. A close friend of mine attempted suicide twice in 2019 and my father was in jail for a DUI. I was struggling with depression all year because of that, and then the pandemic was announced in March, we all thought we'd eventually come back to school, but the shutdown ended up being permanent. This meant no prom and no graduation ceremony. At the time I was bummed out, but I felt better once my dad was released from prison in April 2020. I slowly got over the grief behind not having any closure to my senior year because it was such a horrible year. But then my mom was considering moving to another state during the summer, but she was unsure of it. In January she announced we were moving which put me into a state of extreme depression. February 2021 was when we moved, once we moved I felt very sad and I was forced to have a job that didn't allow me to have any social life because they forced me to work Friday/Saturday/Sunday every Saturday evening until closing. I felt very sad about being away from friends and then my grief over my horrible senior year got worse. I then found out that the class of 2021 was going to have a modified prom and traditional ceremony with masks. This made me feel very empty knowing that my high school wasn't doing anything for the class of 2020. I even reached out to the school and the class presidents and they refused to cooperate with me when I tried to organize an event for the class of 2020. They claimed I was the only one who reached out and everyone else moved on. To make matters worse, my mom is extremely anti-vax, she talks about the vaccine everyday, and keeps spewing conspiracy theories and she keeps manipulating me to fall in line with her narrative. I want to get the vaccine, but my mom is being selfish and refuses to let me get it and wants me to fall in line with her propaganda by telling me non stop vaccine horror stories. A lot of horrible shit happened to me in my senior year, and I feel like it would've been easier to let go of that trauma had it had ended normally instead of ending in a pandemic. Unfortunately every fucking day I go out in public and see people wearing masks, it's a constant reminder of my senior year and where we left off. I need some good advice.

2. I really do feel sad for your generation. It majorly sucks that we have to obey a mandate for Masks and dumbed down celebrations. I can relate to not having a social life out side of work since like you and me it's 40 hours a week. But one thing I have done and has helped is work on relationships with co workers. I've meditated allot as a medication to calm my mind from sadness, tension, or stress. Another thing to do is start working out. Do push ups at home and try and knock out 50 + a day. You will feel a heck of a difference.

Along of the lines with your mom hounding you on the Vaccine. Don't stress on her to much at all. She is trying to protect you as a mother and that's why she's possibly so critical with you. You can choose to let it bother you or ignore it, get it if you want to. She can't decide your beliefs, we can make our own decisions. My year of 2020 was horrible as well so I understand your concerns.

I would suggest gaming or finding a hobby that'll keep your mind occupied and focused. I'm a rhythm game gamer and I don't regret any time I've wasting playing them. Maybe try speaking a new language, been using Duolingo for Japanese, perfect free site and all you have to do is sign up.

Pray. Have faith and trust in your prayers.

Pray for clarity.
    Pray for freedom.
    Pray for health.
    Pray for your family's happiness.

I always keep these four in mind while I pray.

To be fairly honest. When hasn't a vaccine had effects on people? I get my flue shot yearly and my arm feels like it's been punched. Hope some of this has helped you. Just know your not alone, many people have had shitty 2020's. We gotta build our self's back up

3. Decoder™

Decoder™ Fapstronaut

All of the following might require an abnormal sense of desperation as fuel for at least 1.5 months discipline.

Brainwash yourself to become impervious to misfortune. (Nimja.com)
    Train the body to harden the mind.
    Learn holotropic breathwork. (Troy Casey)
    First, aim for not holding yourself back before striving for 'progress'

Become capable of predicting the future by understanding human nature through the reading of auto-biographies or podcasts.

We live in an era where it's very much accessible to live many lifetimes in a single one. Make smart use of fiction and your psyche will mature exponentially faster than your biology. Fiction is distilled reality since it amounts the most interesting noteworthy aspects and leaves the fodder aside.
    [​IMG]

4. Branchman

Branchman Fapstronaut

I'd like to tell you something to help you, but I have nothing to say.
    Just that I know how you feel.
    I am having a similar case. I finished university and hadn't yet had a formal graduation (we had like a party but it for 3 generations so I wasn't able to be with my career partners). It was difficult to find professional practices but finally got them and conclude them. I am not having a good relation neihter with my father nor my mother. With my mother, whom with I live, she doesn't helps me when I am down (I mean really sad, no motivation, no strength to do anything) instead she blames me and don't even asks what I have becuase she fears I may get angry :emoji_rolling_eyes:, but also she complains that I don't comunicate with her, so... that is not congruent. With my father he lastly has been bipolar with me (he hasn't lived with us since more than 10 years) sometimes telling me I have enough capabilities to face the challenges, other times telling me I am a coward, not man enough and stuff like that.
    I've been been having leagal issues because of the divorce.
    I've been searching for a job for about 4 months and I have an offer in another state, but I am not sure of moving, çause I'll be leaving my place and it is going to take me more time to get financiallly stable.

TrueSaiyan2.0 likes this.