1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Harry Potter Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Don'tLookBack, Nov 27, 2021.

You in?

1. Yes!!

166 vote(s)
    89.2%
  2. Maybe later.

8 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Nah.

12 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

:emoji_mortar_board:HOGWARTS STUDENT - YEAR THREE - RAVENCLAW:emoji_eagle: - Day 21 :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:

It’s nice to return to Hogwarts once again after some break. Muggles around me were a little suspicious but fortunately I was able to hide all that I already mastered-and hoping to learn much more this year!
    Needed to wake up a little earlier so that I catch my 9 3/4 Hogwarts train. :emoji_steam_locomotive::emoji_railway_car::emoji_railway_car::emoji_railway_car::emoji_railway_car::emoji_railway_car::emoji_railway_car::emoji_railway_car:

Angel_888 and Don'tLookBack like this.
  2. Don'tLookBack

Don'tLookBack Fapstronaut

To Gryffindor you go!

3. Don'tLookBack

YES!!! Dude you're on a roll, keep it going.

devsMind likes this.
  4. Don'tLookBack

IMPORTANT: Hey all! I've been thinking about potentially changing Year One to start at either 3 days, 5 days, or just have it stay the same. So, respond to this message with either typing "3", "5", or "7" and I will change it or keep it the same depending on popular opinion. Also respond with what day you are on, so I can reorganize the list of participants if there is a change that is made.

My line of thinking is that many people will become unmotivated if they are a muggle for so long. Just let me know and I can switch up the days if y'all want!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    devsMind likes this.
  5. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

IMO we can try various experiments so totally don’t mind any of those adjustments ;)

Saying that for me personally getting to that week was very motivating & I treated it like award after hard work (7days) so making it like 3 days or less will make it IMO lose this “hard worked” award-so I would vote 7 or 5.

Also worth noting-if we change it then it will need to be moved somewhere so i.e will make shortest years longer or what?;)

Don'tLookBack and Angel_888 like this.
  6. I'm in agreement with @devsMind

I'm doing the Star Trek and Star Wars Challenges too, and they have 'Civilian' (1-7), and 'Youngling' (0-6). Admittedly, the Star Trek one has 'Borg' for Day 0, so maybe an interim thing between 0-1, or between 5-7 days, but not sure what.

I'd also add that once you become a Hogwarts Student, the years will start to look the same, as the only thing that changes is the Year number itself, and if some find being a Muggle for one week demotivating, then they'll likely find Hogwarts Student Year One, Year Two, Year Three, and so on, equally demotivating.

I feel you've done the categories and dates just right. It's basically 90 days from Muggle to completing the 7th and final year as a student, and then graduating Hogwarts, After that, you can branch off. It's perfect IMO.

I wouldn't adjust the Hogwarts Years, but if you can think of a category for Day 0-1, or for 5-7, then I'd be cool with that.

Don'tLookBack and devsMind like this.
  7. Don'tLookBack

Okay, I will keep it the same!

Revanthegrey and devsMind like this.
  8. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

Yep makes sense, maybe introducing something like
    Day 0-1: Troll -> you cannot think on your own - PMO has strong power over you etc
    or
    House-elf -> You live to serve wizard family (PMO), but slowly notice that there is more to live than PMO.

I mean Muggle is like ordinary unaware folk without magic-but still has free will, can get letters and stuff ;-)

9. JohnnyDq

JohnnyDq Fapstronaut

Hogwarts Student - Year One - Slytherin :emoji_snake: - Day 13

I will finish my first year in hogwarts tonight. I have to admit right now i am as stressed as never before. I really wasnt aware how hard it is to be a Hogwarts Student.
    Lets hope year two will be easier for me!

:emoji_guitar: Slytherin rocks :emoji_metal:

Don'tLookBack, Angel_888 and devsMind like this.
  10. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

Another idea-why not do both-and for sake of not needing to update statuses which last like one day or two days we could even kinda not count those at all-so that even that Muggle will be seen as kind of reward instead given for granted. Example:
    Day 0 - Troll, once free but now totally under control of Lord PMO
    Day 1-2 - House-elf, lived long time to serve PMO familybut slowly notice that thereis more to live than PMO.
    Day 3-6 -Muggle, you wait for list and stuff-but at this point your name is mentioned in “leaderboard” and also it is not impacting next levels, yet possibly will be more motivating & will now take only 3 days (so troll+elf combined)

Revanthegrey and Don'tLookBack like this.
  11. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

Great job!:emoji_snake:

JohnnyDq and Don'tLookBack like this.
  12. Don'tLookBack

That actually really makes sense. I'll ponder it, and then figure out how to incorporate that in tomorrow. Thanks for the idea! And you too @Angel_888

Revanthegrey, devsMind and Angel_888 like this.
  13. JohnnyDq

JohnnyDq Fapstronaut

Also i would suggest to replace year 7 with 'head-boy' as this title is reserved for year 7 students.

And maybe one could become quidditch team member by year 4 or 5!?

14. Don'tLookBack

Cool! Thanks for the input! I'll think on it...

devsMind likes this.
  15. Don'tLookBack

Alright! I have officially updated the challenge to its final version! So when you check-in today at what day you're at, make sure its right, so I know where to put you.

devsMind and Revanthegrey like this.
  16. Don'tLookBack

Alright! I have officially updated the challenge to its final version! So when you check-in today at what day you're at, make sure its right, so I know where to put you.

devsMind likes this.
  17. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

It's looks...

[​IMG]

18. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

Totally agree-good job Bro @Don'tLookBack , I salute you for that!

Don'tLookBack and Revanthegrey like this.
  19. AI7

AI7 Fapstronaut

Thanks guys! Will look to keep going with this, love this thread.

20. JohnnyDq

JohnnyDq Fapstronaut

Hogwarts Student - Year Two - Slytherin :emoji_snake: - Day 14

Back in Hogwarts as a Year 2 student. Feels more common now. Good to not be the rookie anymore.

:emoji_guitar: Slytherin rocks :emoji_metal:

@Don'tLookBack great job. Thanks for adjusting the challenge. Looks awesome