1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. marksaysay

marksaysay Fapstronaut

With the changes I've made, I feel as though there is no turning back now! I feel great with more greatness on the way!!!

Going hard likes this.
  2. This the same way I feel . Today 88 and I’m so proud of myself and god was my biggest supporter

JJ_Kino and marksaysay like this.
  3. Relapsed again but starting afresh...without this group I would have no control over P use so I'm very thankful it's here!

GottaBFree, JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  4. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Checking in... Winter is always a difficult period for me. Somehow resisted the urge to act out in the morning but need to persevere the remaining days of Dec.

GottaBFree, JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  5. getbetter2000

getbetter2000 Fapstronaut

reset and Checking In

JJ_Kino likes this.
  6. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear that. What tripped you up this time?

JJ_Kino likes this.
  7. Pothos

Pothos New Fapstronaut

I've read the rules.

JJ_Kino likes this.
  8. Same here, I am grateful for my fellow group members.

GottaBFree, NICEDUDE, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  9. 14/12
    Day 90
    No PMO
    No MO
    I feel more confident and I’ve worked on myself and Achieved somethings during this time . I only regretted about my past 5 years because I was feeling shame all the time but what happened it happened already so it’s new start . I will count another 100 days or for get about and live like normal. God is good and god supported me because I had self isolated recovery for 85 day . Yes I had lots of hard days during this time but now I’m doing good and I hope it is coming is be better than now . God bless us all

JJ_Kino and marksaysay like this.
  10. salaciousDone

salaciousDone Fapstronaut

24 days and still going, I wouldn't say strong, but hanging in there. Had some near misses late last week but ultimately resisted, so I guess that's something to feel good about.

JJ_Kino, Ik2 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. marksaysay

marksaysay Fapstronaut

Day 82. I had an interesting experience at the grocery store today. As I was going through the produce department, an attractive lady passed by me and I noticed she had the most gorgeous eyes and without even thinking, I said just that. Without even a thought, I just said "Ma'am, you have some absolutely gorgeous eyes."

She blushed and smiled, clearly surprised I even said it. She replied, "Thank you. That was so nice of you." Then I just walked away. I, again, have coincided a no dating rule with my 90 NoFap challenge, so I'm not looking to try to pickup anyone. It just blows my mind that I did it, then seconds later thought about it. The old me would've been crippled by the thought of even attempting that.

I'm really loving the new me!!!

JJ_Kino, artifact, Ik2 and 1 other person like this.
  12. marksaysay

marksaysay Fapstronaut

I'm definitely living rather than simply "existing" as I had for so many years!!!

darkernight, JJ_Kino and Ik2 like this.
  13. Pothos

Pothos New Fapstronaut

New member--4 day streak, if I'm counting correctly. Hasn't been difficult yet but I'm sure the cravings will come soon. It will help me if I say that I want to begin by aiming for 30 days (possibly increasing length of abstention).

artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  14. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Crap. Reset. Going to shoot for a quick turnaround

JJ_Kino likes this.
  15. Th
    Thank you so much . I just started to count new 100 days to be 190

JJ_Kino likes this.
  16. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear that! What tripped you up after 46 days? Scary to think how we're never really safe no matter how many days we have.

GottaBFree, persona2903 and JJ_Kino like this.
  17. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Failed today

GottaBFree likes this.
  18. @Pothos - You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group!

19. that’s what I felt in less than 90 days .
    1. Masturbation seems pathetic and disgusting to me now. It's very difficult to see how I loved sitting in a chair and wasting my time touching myself to pictures and videos of people I would never meet.

2. It also seems second or third-rate.Fapping to something is like trying to sate your hunger by looking at a picture of a steak dinner. It's a poor replacement for the real thing.

3. Sexual desire is a form of energy.When you turn off the faucet, the water has to go somewhere else. Stopping your PMO addiction is a fantastic way to lend inertia to other areas of your life. You'll want to do other things with your energy - get a different job, go to school, meet new people, pick up a hobby, etc.

4. It shows you how dehumanizing objectification is. Every single one of those people you fapped to has, or had, a real life. Dreams. Hopes. Desires. They called someone "daddy" or "mommy". They watched cartoons and went to grade school. They wanted to be something when they grew up. Once you realize this, it's very difficult to just see them as a sex object again.

5. Stopping my PMO addiction has made me desire real love. I was a sex addict. Most of the time, I didn't even want to. It was simply a habit. Now that I've quit, I want to find true intimacy with someone. I want to spill my soul into them and become one person with them...trust them with every fiber of my being, with every piece of my heart. Now sex seems like such a small, silly thing, compared to love.

6. Seduction and /seddit people creep me out. I used to admire and emulate friends who could pick up strangers constantly. That's a fine lifestyle for some folks, but not for me. It makes me sick to try and pretend I'm interested in a person just to get into their pants. I'll never do that again.

7. You have tons of time! Suddenly, hours of your life are yours once more. Seize them! Make your time work for you. Make money. Find a hobby. Join a group of people with similar interests. The days are longer when PMO isn't hogging your free time.

GottaBFree, artifact and marksaysay like this.