1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

I love how my saying I had 5 coffees the other day started a discussion. I do want to note that if you are a mathematician who does not drink coffee or caffeinated tea, you are an oddity, reason being, the brain power required to do regular abstract math burns through your blood sugar, requiring something to bring it back up lest you crash. Caffeine releases a ton of sugar into the blood, which allows the brain to consume more.

Anyway, I MO'd today, so day 0 - Nazgûl

I will post more tomorrow

2. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Great question it is basically because a wrong perception of reality, you are not seeing the person as toxic in general terms but it can be exceptions.

What are the causes of this misperception of reality:

1. Lust: the girl is just hot and great at sex but crazy and toxic.

2. Naiveté: you don't have experience around women and if a toxic woman flirts with you or you with her then you create a relationship with her not even knowing that what you are experiencing is toxic.

3. Denial:let's say you didn't know she was toxic or didn't see the signs to begin with but after you realice something is not right about the girl you think it's your fault for not acting a certain way or you think she will change as time passes or you need to make more effort. Toxic people don't change.

4. Fear: you fear you can't get a better girl so you stay with her.

5. She is hot: it could be she is so hot in your eyes you just don't leave her because of it. We are shallow creatures.

6. You felt in love: you allowed yourself to fall in love with a toxic partner. Love clouds your thinking and stops you from seeing the person for what she is instead you create an illusion of her.

7. Kids: kids could be involved so you don't break because of them.

8. Money: the toxic person and you have developed a life together a divorce could broke you, the toxic person can be the one in which you rely economically this is more common in case of girls with toxic men.

These are the ones I could think right now. That is why is so important to choose a good girl to start, never mess with toxic women and as soon you realice her toxicity leave her you can always find another girl but not your self respect which is what you lose being around a toxic woman.

That is why remaining objective around girls is so important do it as if your life depends on it. Which in a way it kind of does.

3. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 135 loving cold showers and I just learned about Wim Hof and tried the breathing meditation. Thank you @devsMind

4. Don'tLookBack

Don'tLookBack Fapstronaut

5. JEBF

JEBF Fapstronaut

Greetings Fellowship. Now my journey begins, hobbit i am.

6. modern milarepa

7. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in friends,
    Great to see Billie Eilish coming out on how damaging P is to young people. Estimates now show over 50% of kids between 11-13 have seen P online, and the deep imprint this leaves on their minds is traumatic to their future lives
    Is this the future we want to give our children? Is this acceptable?

What we are doing here, this movement, like it or not, is vital. Once we have kicked this habit for good, we will be part of the ever increasing group of people who are saying no to P forever. We are the people who have decided to turn and face the Beast, and to defeat this Beast, we must destroy the Ring of addiction in our minds, and say no to the dystopian future within which it would imprison generations to come.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  8. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

You've motivated me to do the same bro, thank you

9. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Hey @rotten_tomato super streak, well done. Please stay grounded as you close in on 90 days, which for me seems to always be a stumbling block, and not because I am down in the dumps and tortured by urges, but for me it is because I feel so good and confident and strong, these are the canaries in the mine. Again this is my experience, you might be different, so my two cents is stay grounded humble and calm ( I will continue to try and do the same this week and get to next weekend still sober)

10. modern milarepa

Dance academy
    I started dancing at an academy today. It was great, amazing classes is one of the best dance academies in town.
    It helped a lot the steps and tips the trainers at the gym gave me this week about dancing.

I also danced with 5 or 6 different girls at the academy. I learned a lot.

It's also a great way to know people. I'll start to go almost daily. Probably I'll see different people every day, it's a big academy.

11. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 5

Had some semi-strong cravings yesterday morning, but feeling better today. Good sleep and getting things done really helps.

12. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing your insight on this brother, it's greatly appreciated. I agree with you, remaining objective is a must. Emotional self-management and cultivation of awareness is key in so many categories, especially when dealing with others.

13. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

Day 8! A Uruk Hai now I feel the power of it!! hahaha
    The urges was strongh yesterday and having the problem that I "always want to rest" for example, I want to work harder and I feel my brain lazy, I think that is just the dopamine necesity and my brain is trying to replase that dopamine with other things. But keeping strongh and working hard to continue in this journey. We can do it brothers!

Keeping strongh and always thinking: Think in sex just while having sex.

14. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

33-Elf:emoji_bow_and_arrow:

Half of the day wasted by lazy, a little blue version of me without any kind of energy. Luckily at some point energy drink helped me start day, further workout and cold shower got me going. Ate mostly junk food and broke phone restriction but hey-played some amazing board games with friends, have nice conversation and surprisingly didn’t drink alcohol!:D

Great to hear that Bro! Always here to help as much as I can!

—Side Quests—
    :emoji_lifter:Workout - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_shower:ColdShower - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_watermelon:HealthyDiet - Fail :emoji_x:
    :emoji_chart_with_upwards_trend:Learning - Fail :emoji_x:
    :emoji_atom:SideProject - Fail :emoji_x:
    :emoji_blush:Gratitude - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_yin_yang:Meditation - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_non-potable_water:NoAlcohol - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_no_mobile_phones:NoYoutube - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_hourglass:PhoneLimit - Fail :emoji_x:

15. modern milarepa

Another one is investment : you have invested so much time, energy, money, resources on a girl that breaking up will be considered a great loss.

16. modern milarepa

No problem, my pleasure

17. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

18. djc4ku

djc4ku Fapstronaut

Day 14

Still away from home so routine is different. Trying to maintain good sleep habits. I will go on a walk tomorrow to satisfy my workout goals for this past week.

19. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 5 complete.

A great day with friends and family. No phishing, only real interactions with women. Today I will go for a first winter swim after a long while. My routine is back again!

20. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Let's start day 9! revelations are given and the journey is ON... TROD on!