1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Im feeling stuck in life

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Hold the Line, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Hold the Line

Hold the Line Fapstronaut

i can't seem to get my excitement for life back, my issue is that i can't invest and pass difficulties, such as getting a degree, getting a better job, working out, there is some missing link i can't seem to lay my finger on, i have gotten a 104 day streak and i was actually kind of the same...
    and i cant seem to get rid of these fucking back problems that are giving me hell for over 2 years now...
    back, neck, shoulders, they're all cramped and sore, it's NONSTOP, for over 2 years.
    can you imagine how depressing and frustrating this is?
    i have an active lifestyle i walk alot i work alot, nothing seems to help, same goes for passion for life, i've been watching some of tony robbins's videos, he is saying you need to find your passion, do what you love, but frankly i am trying my best and cant get myself to get throgh this phase.
    i'm 22 but mentally i still feel 14-15, i am cold to my family (mother and brother), it's a very old habit, i don't know why!
    i cant seem to act regular with them not matter how hard i try conciously, i dont know if its shame or what...
    i am very happy and cheerful with my friends, laughing and such, even if my brother shows me somthing funny, i try not to laugh, not to show a face, i dont know why!!!
    this is a habit i have since the age of 12-13
    to address the issue of sexuality, i think i am ''sexually frustrated''.
    i am 22 years old, virgin, never had a girlfriend, never kissed a girl, nothing...
    not comparing myself to others of anything but i feel i want it in my life.
    whenever i feel meh but then i meet a girl i know that im attracted to and hug to to greet it makes me feel so euphoric.
    in my social enviroment we dont have women and mostly are guys, most are gaming geeks so we dont hang out, nearly ever.
    and my poor game makes it hard to find a girlfriend...
    so in addition i feel in a loop that im trying to get a nofap streak but feeling so sexually tense and anxious, overly energetic, i cant seem to fall asleep...
    i take 1-1.5 hours to fall asleep.
    i truely believe i can get out of this, but i feel i need guidance, i know it can look silly to look it in online forum but i've tried a therapist, i've tried to change my weird mentallity with my family, schooling and getting a better job, i seem to have very low willpower, although very ambitious, which makes this even harder.
    so to sum up its alot of a vent post but i would really really appreciate if anyone could try and give me some insight about these subjects, maybe someone has been there himself, thank you for reading.

2. Hold the Line

please, i feel i really need guidance that goes beyond nofap

3. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

For your back problems, in my experience lower back pain comes from short and inactive hamstrings, get some blood in them and stretch, also make sure you're able to touch your toes with straight legs without a problem.

That should take care of your back problems, also stop sitting alot.

Hold the Line likes this.
  4. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

Yeah, I agree with quezatolah, reduce sitting and do strengthening exercises to your legs and core muscles. Search them up on youtube. Find out the problem with your back - which muscles are tight and which are weak. Start doing stretches every day. Search a stretching program that has every muscle. Start doing yoga, again youtube is helpful. These are things that I try to do and they help.

About feeling stuck, start with small steps - do research on different educations. Update your cv and search for different jobs and apply to them if you want to work. Sometimes in life we are stuck, no need to stress over it. Only reason you are stressing about it is because you compare yourself with others. Or if you are just frustrated about getting nothing done, use that frustration to get stuff done and move on. I do not have a magic answer to get you motivated, you can search for external motivation all you want but in the end you just have to accept the fact that life is challenging and progressing in it you have to unpleasant stuff like search for a job or think about what you want in life.

5. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

Also a massage, acupunction can help. Search for different eastern medicine treatments.

6. Mob Barley

Mob Barley Fapstronaut

For your back pain try and go to a nice spa with a steam room and get a massage, its worth every penny. If you wanna date girls put in work on some online dating sites. You'll most likely need to put in hours every week to land a single date. It's gonna take some effort and it can at times will feel like you're not making progress but that's it for basically everyone. If you don't like dating apps then try approaching women in the mall or on public transit. Take L after L and keep trying to adjust your approach and move forward. Think of it as a hobby or sport even. If that's too intense for you maybe there's a female coworker you could at least chat with as a friend. Female friends are ight and will introduce you to other girls.
    Also try and be nicer to your brother lol

7. black.and.green

black.and.green Fapstronaut

If you managed 104 days you clearly have some willpower. Perhaps you could try another reboot with a couple of extra things in it?
    I'm trying a no PMO, no videogame, and yoga reboot at the moment. It's not even been a week yet and I've already started to enjoy the stretching!

If you use screen alot at night they can really affect your circadian rhythm and your sleep. I bought a pair of red glasses that block all of the blue light, and they've really helped!

8. Hold the Line

recommended video for relaxation yoga?

9. black.and.green

I haven't found yoga that relaxing yet since I've just started, and I'm not very good. I've just been typing "yoga 20 min male" into YouTube and been doing a different one each day.

For relaxation I can recommend the Calm app which has guided meditations. There's a 30 day beginners course on there which is 12 mins a day.

10. Hold the Line

Haha i've been looking for a male one as well...
    these hot women don't do us well in these videos...

11. black.and.green

Exactly! A lot of the female ones are alright, and you can usually tell from the thumbnails, but some are definitely not reboot material.

12. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

Everyone does feel stuck in life one point or another. I was stuck in a non converging relationship for 4 years and wasted my time and energy in that. But I believe that it's never too late. Nobel prize winners don't get nobel prize at age of 30. KFC was started at the age of 60. So everything is possible.

You just need one habit.
    Wake up everyday and write what you want to achieve within this year. Write three things. and Rewrite the same in the evening.
    Just do this without fail. You'll find your direction.

Starseeker likes this.