1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

2. JEBF

JEBF Fapstronaut

Day 22.

I'm spending a lot of time with my family. It is very nice to connect with my peers and be relaxed after a full year of work.
    Merry Christmas!

3. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

checking in, doing well. I wish to everyone you all the strengrh you need to finish this year without further relapses.

4. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 12 complete.

fun time with friends and family, very few temptations.

5. Pathfinder Lazarus

Pathfinder Lazarus Fapstronaut

Missed my check in yesterday, fortunately I had no problems! However today was particularly hard, I did have a momentary craving but eventually I chose the more beneficial option and worked out. Progress has always been difficult to gauge when doing streaks, but days like this prove to me that something I'm doing is indeed working! Day 4 complete. Onward to day 5!

6. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Yeah... Well the whole holidays thing didn't work out because I already relapsed. Got caught off guard when a girl on my snapchat posted a nude randomly. Like... what the hell. It didn't get me that day, but it was burned into my mind for some reason and got me the next day. I don't even think she's that hot, I think it was just the idea of it being someone I know maybe? After all nothing stimulates me anymore... There's not much novelty left to find anywhere I dare to go.

I gotta just focus...

7. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

8. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Merry Christmas, fellowship! Hope you are all doing well despite the challenges we encounter.

9. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 307 no PMO. Christmas was great but I did get emotionally derailed by some family drama. I overate but no desire to PMO so that’s good. Hope you all had an amazing Christmas.

10. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

11. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

If you tend to relapse in those days, be extra careful! It will get easier each time you win! I'll pray for you! Stay strong.:D

12. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

13. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

don´t think like that brother, the "if´s" are no part of life. the "are" are part of life!

Instead of thinking what you lost, think what you gained, because those relapses surely teached you lot´s of valuable things, so treasure that. That´s what matters, that´s how you gain experience, that´s how you improve :)

14. RiseToGreatness

Nice day to start your journey bro!! :D Let´s go!!!!

hobbit.jpg

15. RiseToGreatness

Congratulations my brother!! Your new rank is the best gift on this Christmas :D ;).

Now for wrath and ruin, let´s go destroy that thing :emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle:

dia 28 - ford of bruinen.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  16. RiseToGreatness

Welcome to the Fellowship Challenge, Mithrandir ;) :). Let´s do this!!

17. RiseToGreatness

Checking in Fellowship!!! :)

Good to see you all, alive and sound :D. So far, just one slip accounted among the Fellowship, so congratulations, we are improving allright :)

Well, for me Christmas went allright. lot´s of partying and fun with the family. but i basically broke all the consumption standards that i abided to :D. on friday night i overate and overdrink. on saturday i did hold myself better on the drinking department, but slipped on the sweets.

Overall, being moderate around big celebrations is still something that i need to improve. On the good side i kept sacred my "don´t touch eletronic devices while feeling drunk or stuffed" rule, so that was a win for me :):).

Sorry for not checking in yesterday, but i was stuffed and in a totally chaotic lifestyle :D. needless to say that all my self-care habits were down the drain: workout, cold shower, meditation...

i didn´t engage in something risky, that´s right, but i did destroyed myself in other ways, so that was not a good deal. i need to improve on keeping my good habits running, even amongst celebrations.

anyway, first round was won. now let´s go the second round, New Years Celebration ;). but all in due time.

it´s Christmas season Fellowship, and always a good time to rewatch the movies eheheh

https://time.com/5919982/lord-of-the-rings-christmas-movies/

Have a great day brotherhood!!! Checking out :)

18. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Checking in day 43.Felt low in the morning but now feel better. Cut short watching of few movies because of the silly content. It's astonishing how the producers put in nude contents in most movies produced and expecting to play on people's low instincts-inclinations. We can probably find Gluttony, Laziness, Greed, Lust , Pride , Wrath and Envy embedded and often glorified in nearly each and every one of them. Gluttony disguised as strengthening body to the max and pleasure to die for, Laziness disguised as having good time and being creative, Greed is being disguised as being prudent in saving for the rainy day and gaining status-the more the better, Lust is disguised as ultimate pleasure and commendable experience to seek and live out, Pride is disguised as being successful and worshiped by peers, Wrath is disguised as just revenge with interest and a way to keep status quo or advance, and Envy is disguised as a healthy example to follow those in success and money out of our own lack and fear...If we while watching them role play in our minds all these states we are doomed to act in the same way when we end up in the similar or same situations without realizing why we are doing what we are doing. And the funniest thing is that we are getting brainwashed -programmed with silly behavioral patterns whilst feeling desire for more of the same stuff, out of our ignorance and unwillingness to accept the real impact watching movies has on us.
    Brothers, if you want long streaks - stop watching movies. Is it that hard?

19. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

20. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut