1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should a Woman's Ex(es) Be a Factor You Consider?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Rev2.0, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

As we know, almost every woman "on the market" today brings with her a history of one or more failed marriages and/or other long term relationships. She wouldn't be available if she was happily married or otherwise committed. My question is, how does a guy go about discreetly doing due diligence on that before getting too far down the road with her? If she makes it clear at the outset her ex husband or boyfriend was a heel, should you disqualify her immediately? I see two schools of thought but I'm sure it's not that simple.

1) Red flag, run away. The thought here is that at their core, women never truly change. If she was attracted to bad men in the past that won't change and a quality man has no business settling for a woman like that.

2) Give her a chance. Maybe she learned from her past bad choices. As a recovering Nice Guy this is where I see a LOT of my brothers getting into trouble. The White Knight mentality kicks in and off we go to save her and prove good men still exist.

Obviously both of these approaches depend on you knowing a fair amount about her past experiences in general. If you have to piece things together and/or pry this information out of her, is that a red flag in itself?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  2. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I never ask who she dated in her past, I ask for the relationship dynamics and why it didn't work out. That tells me a lot.

3. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

There are woman and man out there that are married or committed and they can still be found looking for another person or hookup.

Is not something you are going to talk about on the first dates but it's something that is going to go out eventually. She is also going to want to know about your ex's too. Knowing about your woman ex's and the relationship with his father, mother, brothers and friends is really important to get information about her personality and probably what she is after in a relationship and what attract her.

It really doesn't matter, when a woman is into you she is going to put the effort. She is going to show you with actions that she is really attracted to you. If a woman is used to be attracted to bad boys and you are a nice guy, she is probably not going to be attracted to you and she is not going to put any effort on it.

My current girlfriend makes all the effort in the world to keep me happy with her, she is really attracted to me and get out of her way to make me like her. In her past she had 2 long relationships, the first one ended because he cheated, and the 2nd because she started to realize the guy was full of shit and lied to her a lot.
    Yes both of that guys are bad guys but the important thigs was what did she do whe she found out? woman that value themselves are going to dump this guys imediatly like she did, woman that don't are going to put up with all this crap for years in hopes the guy changes, and as we know bad boys don't change.

One of my girlfriends's female friend is the typicall woman that is only attracted to bad boys, all of her ex's treat her poorly but she was after them trying to change them, but they never did and treat her poorly and never commited to her. No matter what, she was desparate to be with them anyway. She always said to my girlfriend that she wante a nice guy that treat her good, but she always ended dating and been attracted to this bad boys.
    2 months ago she started dating a typical nice guy. He is making all the effort to be with her, the guy is well loaded, good looking, respectfull, fun to be around, etc... but.. he is a nice guy and she is just not feeling it, she is just going alone with it, she loves the attention and validation that he gave her all the time but she is not attracted to him ar all, she don't put any effort at all, he is the one driving 2 hours to date her, he is paying all the expensive dates they have. She also say the she will never driver to see him on his city, you can see miles away that she is just not attracted to him because he is not a bad boy. She is treating him poorly and he is still trying to seduce her. That's not attractive to her, she love to pursue the man she likes, and this guy is all over her.
    Is totally predictable that eventually this guy is going to be turned off by her and move on or she is going to find another bad boy to chase and ghost this guy.

Bottom line, the past give you an idea of her, but what is most important is how much effort she puts in been with you and if it's constant in time. Only date and have serious relationship with woman that are always putting the effort in liking you, if they are not putting the effort, just move on.