1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is meat hated so much? (Argument)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 16, 2019.

Which kind of diet do you follow?

1. Vegan

14.8%
  2. Vegetarian

11.1%
  3. Omnivore

63.0%
  4. Carnivore

9.3%
  5. Misc.

1.9%
  1. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Wel that actually is Veganism. Honey has multiple problems. Bees produce honey for themselves. It's essentially food for their young. If you take it away from them you have to give them a substitute. That substitute is high fructose corn syrup. No wonder the bees are dying. Just get some agave syrup, it's serves the same purpose and is vegan.

Frank Tufano, really? Vegan gains made a fool of him in their debate. Also the guy had a total cholesterol of over 300 IIRC. Not anyone to take advice from.

No we don't. You might want it but you don't need it.

Body Building.... vegan. Check out some vegan bodybuilders.
    Want something really tasty... there are plenty of vegan dishes that taste awesome.

Elephants are some of the smartest animals on the planet and they are herbivores. Pigs are omnivores and are consider to be as smart as a 3 year old.

Most likely it was cooking that made us smarter since we could absorb food much more effectively. There is no magic property in meat that makes an animal smarter. It's a calorie surplus + evolutionary selection which allows the brain to grow over generations.

2. Tarzan303

Tarzan303 New Fapstronaut

5th generation cattle rancher and grain farmer. Butcher my own beef, raise pigs, raise chickens, sometimes get a deer in hunting season. Basically cut out most processed foods now, been off alcohol for 15 months, don't keep snack foods or soft drinks Around the house, only get a little Treat when I go to town. The most satisfying and healthy feeling meals I have basically pure meat. Pan fried pork chop, pan fried steak, eggs and toast, lean ground meat of any sort in a tortilla or bun. Meat is very healthy for you and contrary to popular belief is beneficial for the environment as well

AdrienK likes this.
  3. Carnivore!! I love me a good steak, grilled chicken, pulled pork, etc. All meat, all the time!

upload_2021-12-26_8-47-39.jpeg

4. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Vegetarian, and brought up by vegetarian parents. No doubt this makes me a bit less didactic than the "born agains", but i doubt many vegan/veggies really think eating meat is as bad as taking drugs.

Ultimately, one of the things that differentiates humans from (most) animals is that we have evolved to be able to survive on a wide variety of diets. This is why we have been able to live (almost) anywhere on Earth. And our different diets reflect this.
    I am fortunate enough to live in a time and a place that i can choose the type of diet i eat.
    My parents followed a vegetarian diet mainly because of the various health scares at the time - Salmonella, Scrapie, BSE, etc. And to be honest, having been brought up like this, the idea of meat is disgusting more than anything. I dont even think of it as food, more like what we used to feed the cat :)

As for hunting meat making you a man - sure, i can see that. It isnt really connected to the lifestyle that most of us lead though. i would feel more manly digging up my own potatoes amd cooking them in the embers of a fire than i would buying a premade Turkey sandwich.

5. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

75% of the agricultural land is being used for animal consumption. At this rate we will literally kill all soil in 60 years. It has been studied that soil erosion will happen everywhere in the world in 60 years if we keep consuming like this. By then you could not eat meat or vegetables since nothing will grow anymore.

I recommend reading about planetary diet. It is a solution studied to be sustainable for everyone. Basically 400g/ meat a month, 800g of chicken a month, 700g of fish a week. 200g of dairy products a day. Rest from vegetables. Best of both worlds and it really makes you appreciate eating meat when you eat it so rarely. Spread the world about the soil stuff, even more alarming than climate change.

Not to even tackle the co2 caused by red meat. By eating less animals, we could also focus more on their welfare since we would not grow that many of them. Meat prices could also go up since we would not be dependant on only meat so the farmers would not lose their jobs.

6. Watanabe

Watanabe Fapstronaut

Veggie, live and let live. Let's see how beautiful the planet looks when we stop killing stuff just because we can...

7. Watanabe

Watanabe Fapstronaut

Way Too Much misery in the carnivore diet, plain and simple, even a child knows this.

I've been lucky in my life to live with all the animals we consider food, I've kept chickens ducks and pigs as my pets and companions, and I can assure you they are all beautiful emotion feeling sentient creatures, they recognise you, build relationships with you, welcome you as part of their tribe. And we keep their kind in cages, force fed with disgusting practices, cages where they can't move a muscle, it's a horror show, a stain on humanity. Just so we can get muscles, or feel good about ourselves, complete and utter barbarism and fallacy. In the west, we need baby wipes now as adults to clean our arses because our diets are so terrible. And we're creating disease and sickness, to ourselves, our animals and planet, wake up, show a bit of intelligence, compassion, watch a few videos about what that piece of meat went through just so you could take your next dump.

Live clean and healthy, you'll discover for yourself..

But like nofap, compassionate diet is a journey and it's full of struggles and temptations and nay sayers and traps and it's hard; but if you do what's easy life gets hard, if you do what's hard, life gets easy..

Good luck Fapstronauts and leave the animals alone, they will love you for this.

Ps, I know culturally we've eaten meat in our families, through love and kindness, and that's fine, it was fine, I grew up this way, no judgement there, it was different back then, just one or two generations back, but we inhabit a different age, at least here in the west where there are now alternatives. I think anyway, but I could be wrong.

Whispers and DeeJ4y like this.