1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Loneliness Is Only Fear

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by LOSEmyselftoSAVEmyself, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Hello, I've made a lot of posts on here about this subject.

There are so many guys who get lonely.

Did you ever ask what is behind this lonely feeling?

I walked into that dark alley as demons lurked in the shadows.

The answer is simple, loneliness is the materialization of fear.

A man who gets lonely ultimately fears that if he's single, that
    he's always going to be lonely because he's not good enough, defective,
    or is a loser.

The fear of being trapped by yourself, for the rest of your life, is unlikely.

Fears are like steam. When you boil water, steam is almost impossible to trap,
    it builds way more pressure than water, because its volume goes up by 1000x.

A fear always hijacks the mind by the same power, blowing out of proportion
    every worst-case scenario.

What happens to people in a fearful state? In crowds, they stampede for the exit, over top of the fallen. In traffic, they drive in a reckless state to get out of gridlock.

The bottom line is that fear robs a person of a clear perspective.

Being in that state of fear, just knowing that it is distorted never makes it
    focus. The man who defends himself in court has an idiot for a client.

All that fear is total bogus and what destroys it is a willingness to achieve.

Self-esteem is earned, it doesn't come naturally.

You came to this site, like the rest of us, because your life got jacked up from the destruction of PMO.

That means that if you are willing to work, to suffer, to build out your life, one of the rewards will be a lack of loneliness.

Accept reality for what it is: people won't respect you and women won't date you until you develop that self-esteem, which comes from the work, time, effort, pain, suffering and achievement.

The best thing that a rebooter can do in the first 30 days is to figure out what he can do with his life to become a success.

I make one exception to this rule, which is that if you seek success in a "creative field", like music, writing, the arts, etc., your success is going to be outside of your control.

And that is a horrible reality. But few succeed in entertainment and when they do, it is not because of talent. Everyone who tries to make it has enough talent. It is akin to hitting the lottery multiple times.

But if your goal is to earn money, start a business, become an investor, or have a successful career through education or skills, that is definitely achievable.

And if you don't know what to do, then start by doing your job now, or take an entry-level job, but work harder. When you go to work, start 15 minutes early. Leave 15 minutes after the shift is over. Bring value to your employer and customers.

Even in a dead-end job, you'll somehow see your money go up, and opportunities.

Lose your weight, or improve your fitness. Stop eating sugar and cut your calories. Get hungry and stay hungry.

Take a cold shower. Howl like a wolf, nose to the moon. Let out the wild man, sometimes. Roll around on the floor in public. Do the moonwalk. Turn on some Megadeth and crank it loud! Stop being a freaking statue! It doesn't serve you, man!

Start living without fear! Stop being a hostage to what people think! All it ever did was make you MORE OF A HOSTAGE, more afraid!

Because if you do a hard mode reboot, you are going to become a mover and a shaker,

like it or not...

2. lgustavoms

lgustavoms Fapstronaut

One of the best posts I have ever read in this forum. Pretty accurate and good advices.

This is exactly what my therapist said to me. He said I wasn't really shy. It's just that I fear what people would think of me. So he said me to do the opposite way. To do something to become vulnerable.
    Just a little shift and life becomes more interesting and worthy it to live.

ANewFocus likes this.
  3. Yes, you got it! Be free, take risks.

I never suggest gambling as a good habit, but once in a while, roll the dice.

Expose yourself to fear. Exit the comfort zone.

Where did anybody get by acting stoic?

Let people reject you!

Rejoice that you can be you, that is where freedom is.

4. im_done

im_done Fapstronaut

Badass post

5. kokokoko99

kokokoko99 Fapstronaut

Great post.

6. Thanks! 500 hard mode days, is that legit?

7. Recovery in Progress

Recovery in Progress New Fapstronaut

I actually came to this site to see if other people felt the same way, this post in particular is what I was looking for, I literally just joined minutes ago. Before I joined I came to the realization that I'm in fact scared. I've changed a lot of things in my lifestyle so much so that I've done a 180. There is still one lingering regret I have but I'll get over that hurdle too with time. I just wanted to say this hit me hard;

"All that fear is total bogus and what destroys it is a willingness to achieve.

Self-esteem is earned, it doesn't come naturally."

Despite everything I've done, it doesn't feel like its enough, I still get scared when approaching women, "what if this" "what if that" I thought it would all come naturally, but no, this takes time, I've not been patient enough it seems. I only started NoFap last Saturday, and since I've pretty much blocked out all outlets of "sexual content" on the web and have been actively ignoring them, my desire for a woman has gone up in direct correlation to the amount of time passed without seeking this content. It's hurting me, but I know I that's something I can't change at the flip of a switch. I'll take baby steps, and anytime I feel low or week I'll just have to remind myself that I'll get there.

Thanks for this awesome post.

8. The desire for women tends to spike up during reboots/streaks.

It's because of the renewal of the mind via dopamine/opioid clearing processes.

Be willing to feel that temptation, without yielding to it.

Use this recovery time to build up your life.

You are going to succeed.