1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to fix my hate to workout???

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Hold the Line, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Hold the Line

Hold the Line Fapstronaut

I hate working out, i absolutely loathe it and i totally mean it, rarely i force myself to workout, do some push ups, lift weights, do some stretches, i don't know what to do about it, i am thin and i literally have no muscles at all, not just blindly beating myself up here, but i mean it that i'm really thin, no muscles, that's because i sit all day long, and workout perhaps once a month or two.
    i know working out is important, but i don't think forcing myself to do it is the correct way to address this issue, please i need advice...
    I really want to improve on this, i can't enjoy any kind of physical workout, running and what not, i feel too energetic all the time.
    i eat healthy, 22 years old, no cigarettes, no drinking, no weed, all natural.
    It's expected that sitting all day long without expending energy will cause it, i feel sometimes overwhelmed and just feel the need to get up from my computer seat, and just jump in the middle of the room, my legs are twitchy, i shake them alot, i think it's also making me stressed and anxious.
    If anyone has been there and can give me practical advice please help...

2. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

You need to get something out of it , as in some reward …

For me I partake in sports that I genuinely enjoy such as football, squash , tennis etc . This gives me a natural reward as they’re hobbies of mine

My second form of exercise is more ego stroking if you like … lifting weights , running etc . The reward I get from this comes from getting my body in shape , building muscle. I also get reward from being disciplined with this kind of stuff

so basically either find something you enjoy so it’s easier or do something until you see the benefits as in muscle gain … then hopefully that will be enough for you to do it

if these both fail , bite the bullet, stop giving yourself excuses and just get down the gym. Nothing worthwhile was ever easy at the end of the day

3. Hold the Line

but people still manage to do it every day, i simply can't.
    i really hate it... even when i do workout, it's forced and i just wait for it to end

4. The key to consistently working out is finding something you enjoy. If you don't enjoy lifting weights, find something else active that you enjoy. If you have a gym membership, and they offer workout classes (spinning, yoga, HIIT, etc) try those classes and see if you enjoy them. Once you find that activity you enjoy it'll make working out a lot easier.

5. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

Absolutely but tbh , I would say overall I enjoy working out but it still requires quite a large amount of discipline and willpower to make it a routine so if your relying solely on enjoyment , it’s difficult but half the battle

6. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

Push through it. Get motivated to get stronger. You clearly want to so just go and do it. We all feel like not working out often but we still do it. When it is done we feel good. Sometimes the work out itself feels good. But its WORKout, means it is no pleasure. But one can learn to enjoy them by doing it ofteb.

7. Hold the Line

easy on paper, but in the real world i can't get myself to do it, fucking sick of not being able to invest in anything.
    i got so addicted to simple dopamin

8. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

Yeah well no way out of it that you have to push yourself to do it. We all have it hard you are not the only one. Stop weeping. Read a book called the road less taken. Just start with the work out, say to yourself that you will only do one exercise and after that see how you feel about continuing. Or do shorter exercises. Like squats, pushups, pull ups and core. One set of each per exercise. Do it daily or every two days. Add more as you feel like doing it more.

9. Hold the Line

i also have trouble with books! they bore me to death!

10. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

As I said none of us have it easy either. Complaining will never change anything. Just push yourself, no excuses. You got it. You are a man.

11. SergioCon

SergioCon Fapstronaut

get audiobooks on workouts - a book a week - win win as i see it!

12. R2DToy

R2DToy Fapstronaut

If you loath it then why force it. I don't think you want to work out for the sake of it. Could it be you hate the fact that you're 'thin'?

Well, you're only 22, so by the time you hit 30 people are going to be jealous at you since you won't have a fat beer belly. You'll slowly grow bigger (wider) anyway so you'll be fine.

I tried working out of many times. Everytime I quit after a few months at the gym. Even when with a friend. So I conclude it's just not for me.

You could try sports or something. I used to enjoy football (not American football). Or something that requires you to use your arms a bit more.

Otherwise I would just leave it be, and stop punishing myself.

13. Don't read books about workout it's not necessary I mean. You should try Hip-Hop music while working out and see the magic yourself.

14. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

What are your workout goals? What kind of results have you got previously?

15. Hold the Line

Get fit and toned.
    To fix neck and back problems

Resilience 16 likes this.
  16. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

The neck and back problems is something you will need to talk about with your doctor before working out. You do not want to do further injury. For working out, one of the problems I see is people trying to do too much too fast. I like to start very basic and simple and go from there.

17. I used to have the same issue until I started reading about issues that pertained to my life, or certain situations going on around me that is.