1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who else is flying solo tonight?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by FirefromAbove, Dec 31, 2021.

1. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Been on NoFap NoNews NoDebates and more importantly NoLife for a minute now.

Been hermitmode for a few months, mostly to make myself as competitive for a job I recently got.

I decided I would fly solo tonight (I didn't get invited anywhere anyways). I don't want to get sick, because that would adversely affect what's going on in my life rn.

>Inb4 the disease doesn't exist.
    There's truth to this but I'm not risking it.
    >Inb4 its a psyop
    This is true, but I'm not risking it.

Kinda sucks, but my resolution is going to be more social this year. I've lived as a hermit at first unintentionally, but now intentionally for years now. I like being alone, but I don't want to die alone and I'm ready to crawl out of my cave.

Who else is on their lonesome tonight?

2. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

I'm also flying solo tonight. Family is going to a restaurant to celebrate (not judging but I feel like it's not the best time to go out and risk my health). I don't mind being alone since these holidays mean little to me, I already feel like I'm going to sleep at 11 pm tonight

im_done and FirefromAbove like this.
  3. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

We have to be with the correct people. I think nobody likes being really alone but, we want meaningful relationships whether is friends, family, romantic or in the work. Sometimes is better to be alone if no good relations are available

again likes this.
  4. FirefromAbove

Happy New Years nofap DAT coom !! !! !! :)

silentmike likes this.
  5. I'm alone tonight too. I actually went and saw my family but it wasn't a pleasant experience, so I left after staying a bit too long. Now I'm alone with an hour and a half until midnight hits here. I'm considering a cigarette but sort of trying to resist even though it's an occasion. Haven't fapped in awhile, that's good news. I'm improving, and there are many signs of that... but tonight I'm just alone, bored, and wondering why and if it's okay.

again likes this.
  6. Well, I had two cigarettes and fapped twice. Felt terrible this morning.

7. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

I fly solo most of the the times to improve my balancing.

PS: I am a skydiver. :)

8. I'm a lone wolfer, but I've really been liking it, two years on.

My theory is that loneliness is a product of my self-esteem or optimism.

If I feel good about the future, I really don't need people. I don't care what they think, and definitely I do not want their drama or interference.

When I am nervous about the future, then my confidence is low. That is when I feel the loneliness.

If I get lonely, it's better to stay alone until the feeling passes or live improves.

Because the world out there will not help and doesn't care.

They only care what you will do for them.

Do you want to do things for other people, on a free basis, in order to have friends?

9. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

i have betrayed an old friend, i realised that i hated myself, and it's not fun for the people around, for i am filling myself with poison. therefore i decided to withdraw from a big social life, until i have something better to propose...

i have a core of close friends, they are my sunlight... however i need firm ground to stand on.

10. FirefromAbove

I don't agree. I've worked in environments where teams (tribes) pull each other up from the cold world and I have always liked that.

I'm in one right now actually and its been great for me.

Being lonely sucks. I've done it long enough and Im willing to change.

silex_jedi and Whispers like this.
  11. RadiantFalcon382

RadiantFalcon382 Fapstronaut

I'm just starting my journey today, but I feel you in flying solo. I'm wishing you the best and praying for you!

FirefromAbove likes this.
  12. FirefromAbove

Thanks broski. You too.

13. RadiantFalcon382

RadiantFalcon382 Fapstronaut

I'm feeling a different type of solo tonight though. I feel a little lonely, but it should be gone tomorrow morning. One day, I'm gonna have a beautiful girlfriend who I love and who loves me back!

14. Yeah, but if you feel lonely, when you go out around people you will be needy.

15. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

I went to a concert sorrounded by at least 500 sweaty people last month. I'm not really cutting off experiences right now. People get on high heels and say things like "you're irresponsible and risking the life of another". But people who say that watch a lot of TV or just believe in the official story.

Anyway, if it would be such a serious issue, I could say that the same damage is being done by throwing your garbage into the bags that then are trown into the earth and air. Or consuming what factories make.

All this issue is stupid, and I'm tired of dealing with stupid.

Ranting a little bit, I'm just angry about it at some level.
    Yeah man, I've been quite lonely. Sometimes I wished to be, just on my own. Just be with people when you can trust them and love them. They will also get when it when you're not arround.

16. FirefromAbove

Not always the case.

As long as you know who you are and project that ppl wont assume that of you

17. The reason I say that is because I believe that loneliness comes from self-esteem issues.

18. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

Sometimes yes and sometimes not. It also depends on the environment

19. The environment has a say in your self-esteem?

20. I am not truly alone, I am never alone when I know the Holy Spirit is with me. The Holy Spirit is my right hand man, my bestfriend and my brother when I feel all odds are stacked against me. If I am being honest it would be nice to have a wife and kids for me to share my life with but I feel I am not mature enough for that yet, I generally feel anxious and nervous around women mainly caused by this... Well fetish I have. I hate this fetish! Why did I get this fetish? How did I get this fetish? What horrible misdeed did I do in a previous lifetime to deserve this fetish? Who will love me for this fetish I have? This fetish is mainly why I am nervous and insecure around women!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2022