1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trading ( fx , stocks , ...) & Nofap

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by maseh0012, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Option trader here.

Vizualizing options and their greeks is very brain-intensive, and I can't imagine doing iron condors while also doing PMO. If you want to get rich, there's no harm in getting rid of PMO.

Retentionistheway likes this.
  2. Trading options now is a bad idea due to high implied volatility, maybe try going long VXX to make money off of the 2nd tech bubble this century? Options (excluding married puts, etc) seem to be a nightmare to trade due to ridiculously irrational markets.

I am not an advisor, just a bearish trader.

3. jamesbond0007

jamesbond0007 New Fapstronaut

Hey guys I'm a stock day trader and I believe nofap can help ,, when your trading your going vs institutions, retail traders,algorithms, and the one that can mess you up in a instant if you don't know how to control it is your own mind .. self control plays a big role..

4. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

If someone is good at predicting the future, how much money can he/she make per day?

5. Legacy of Lost Soul

Legacy of Lost Soul Fapstronaut

Ive bought bitcoin after my 300 days streak

6. radhouane

radhouane Fapstronaut

do you reccomand great books could help me on trading i always loose ?

7. Guys is it always always supply & demand that directs the price?
    Shouldn't the price move up if bidders overwhelm sellers?

Can someone suggest any trading forums I could take these questions to?

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
    • 45.PNG
      45.PNG
      File size:
      46.5 KB
      Views:
  8. It majorly is supply and demand, however, Market depth is mostly, if not completely, divorced of the direction of price. What market depth is, is a mere reflection of public opinion.

9. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

I know virtually nothing about trading and stocks, I just know that I want to learn and be succesful doing it, (especially day trading). I've downloaded a bunch of books and like listening interviews with succesful traders and listening to their advice, such as meditation, emotional control, etc. But actual information or practice I have zero, mostly because I am currently broke and unable to invest. But it is deninitely my goal

10. Legacy of Lost Soul

Legacy of Lost Soul Fapstronaut

I just spot buy BTC and HODL. NoFap gave me bravery to allocate, decission to not sell, determination to go on while others crumble in fear, resist FOMO... its all about emotions, NoFap helps with those a lot.

Also maybe the clean mind to abandon daytrading which is mostly a loosing game.

11. I don't think day trading is a good idea, especially for a newbie. I suggest focusing on ur career and being diligent about always putting money away in a diversified portfolio. If you do it every month, ur passive income from dividends and bonds will grow, and u'll feel like a king

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  12. absoluteminded

absoluteminded Fapstronaut

Cryptocurrency trader here.

Crypto have caught my eye in January 2021, with the massive spike in price. Bought some, traded some but eventually ended up loosing all my profits. I fell in love with trading despite all the drawbacks it caused. I realised there must be a way to learn this and do it in a constant and profitable manner.

Took me almost two years to make it click in my head. In those two years I have been trading with real money but using small positions, I kept on loosing, but only amount that I was ok with. Today I am becoming profitable, if there is a loss I am able to make up for it - it all comes to the risk management.

Despite practicing semen retention for the past two years I have been relapsing regularly and that messed up my concentration on the trades. Haven’t been loosing because of it, but missed trading opportunities because it kept bothering my mind. Sitting in front of the PC most of the time gets you in a disadvantageous position.

Happy to give help to any fellow Bitcoin traders here. The journey to become profitable is long and bumpy, same as the road to become happy man with no urges to watch P. So the similarities are there, I believe if anybody wants to make money trading, he/she has to become master of self first. Master your self control, very important.

13. absoluteminded

Technically yes, if there is large bid to hold the price up, that could indicate a low being put in - at least on the local scale. But remember it’s the sellers drying up that causes the reversal not the buyers buying.

14. absoluteminded

Look up books from Mark Douglas, very good material.

15. Traders Journey:

Attached Files:

absoluteminded likes this.
  16. I found something:

"Understand this, there's always a buyer for every seller. So is there a seller for every buyer. What moves the price? Price moves up when the buyers are willing to buy at a higher price. Price moves down when the sellers are willing to sell at a lower price. Always remember, in order for you to enter the market somebody has to take your contract on the other side. If there is a buyer, there is always a seller. If there is a seller, there is always a buyer. Buyers and sellers do not move the market. What then does moves the market? Is it the price you buy and sell at? Yes, that's it."

17. absoluteminded

Loving the traders journey, it’s actually very true, thanks for sharing.
    I might be wrong but the rule that there needs to be buyer for every seller is only true for limit orders. You can market buy even though there are not enough sellers to get you filled, as market orders are instant. Market orders move the price, limit orders are only able to hold the price at a certain level (by absorbing the limit orders on the opposite side). Correct me if I am wrong.

18. Limit or Market, behind every transaction there is equal amount of buys filling up the sells. A market order mostly doesn't reflect on bid/ask because it's instantaneous, but behind it, there was always a buy call for every sell and vice versa.
    Your Market order would not get processed if there weren't someone or "something" who was willing to buy/sell to you at the price of your desire- which is Mkt price in case of Market order.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2022
  19. Kierann

Kierann Fapstronaut

I prefer investing in ETF and I usually keep my portfolio for 4 years. Currently I'm investing for example in Cyber security, Electric vehicles technology, automation and robotics and such.

This is crazy time for investing but every crisis brings new opportunities. Unfortunately I don't think that bitcoin is one of them. That time has passed. I don't think bitcoin is going back up. I think that in the next 2 - 3 years we will see it going below 3000.

It's just one opinion guys and there isn't really much evidence or specific indicators behind my words. It's more like a hunch. I think bitcoin is dead.

Good luck though and don't mind me. :)

20. absoluteminded

Thanks for your insight Kierann appreciate your view. When investing in stocks it’s always good to look at the fundamental values of the companies. With crypto not so much, these markets are very speculative. Crypto suits the few with big pockets who are able to move the price as they like in their favour. I trade crypto only since there is the usually best volatility and I am able to do it pretty much incognito.

Current environment and state the crypto market is in is because of all the FUD that was created in the last months. To me it states that the reversal is getting close. It’s always the doubt and fear in the markets that makes for the best opportunities. However I would not buy Bitcoin right now. It’s going to go lower, to at least 13-10k. That can possibly be the support for another move up. There are institutional money that are underwater, you need retail to buy back in in order to sell on them. There was no proper push up and there are still trapped traders that are waiting to get out. Many will be scared if there is another leg down, but I would see that as an opportunity, especially if the dip is fast and goes deep. Something like during the covid crash.

None of this is a financial advice, but with the current trend of the devaluation of fiat currency I believe the markets must hit a bottom and keep going up. We will soon see digitalisation of currencies and that could be bullish for the Bitcoin as cash will be no more and people will look for different ways of payments because transactions of state governed digital currencies will be traced and crypto might provide some alternative to those who do not want to obey the regime that might follow. Just a speculation but it seems like it’s on the horizon.

Anyway I am buying BTC if it goes to 10k and I will keep adding on if it goes lower. That is just too good of an opportunity to miss.

Retentionistheway and Kierann like this.