1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Thank you brother for the great answer !:)

2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Nice music bro! Sounds like mantra!;)

3. ShikiP

ShikiP Fapstronaut

Buying in to this challenge. Has been a tough few weeks but with hope and strength I know I can do this. I hope this time I have changed enough. Day 0.

4. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 4

Got up early and went swimming this morning, feels great to exercise again - I’ve realised that I now quite enjoy getting up around 6/7am so that I have time to myself before work, just means I have to go to bed earlier!

Limited urges today which was nice, I’ve started eating breakfast in the mornings again which reduces my cravings throughout the day and helps me stay level-headed.

5. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Checking in, but too tired to think clearly so getting offline :)

6. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Thanks for the response. It's true that there is a huge discrepancy between how I want my life and how it is now. Yes I just gotta keep plotting forward towards what I really want. I'll keep going man, thanks for the wise observation.

7. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I experienced a certain amount of this last time too, but not quite as bad. It'll pass. Thank you for the tips.

8. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 7: One Week!

Glad to have made it to one week; that's been hard for me these days. Tomorrow is Uruk-Hai time!

Unfortunately I still don't feel very good. My head still hurts, low energy/motivation... I think it's just the phase of the streak I'm in and I'm just gonna ride it. I mean how good is an Orc supposed to feel? They're sure grumpy all the time.

9. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

10. NutMaster777

NutMaster777 Fapstronaut

Lol, I thought this challenge was meant to be as in Yuri Van Gelder “Lord of the Rings”

11. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Day 12

Happy 2022 for everyone! I just came back from the trip, it was awsome. Feeling fresh for this new year, even though I still need to plan in a little better.

12. Day 6 complete!

More time to play in the snow today with my younger brother and sisters, as well as some time spent shoveling the dang stuff too. It'll stick around for a couple more days, but the roads are mostly clear now, so tomorrow I'll be able to get back to church. Looking forward to that. Meditating at home just isn't the same. My commitment to daily cold showers has also been slacking the past three days. My energy levels have felt really low, and hot showers seem to do a much better job energizing me than cold ones. I've always preferred things hot--it's why summer is my favorite season! Anyway, this streak has been surprisingly good for lack of urges. Some streaks are painful and difficult from the moment they begin and some are a breeze. I have no idea why. All this means now is that I need to be extra careful for when the urges do appear.
    I understand what you mean, friend. Remember that we are making this change in our lives of getting rid of PMO so that we can be free. Sometimes, we need to become free from more than just PMO too. What are some healthy, constructive things that you enjoy doing? Do you have any hobbies that make you feel fulfilled. You mentioned cooking a meal; is that something you like to do? Part of this journey, especially at the beginning, is celebrating small victories. Being proud of yourself is important, as long as it's genuine, but the good news is there are plenty of little things we can do to give ourselves a sense of accomplishment. It can be something as simple as sweeping the floor, or leaving your phone inside while you take a walk around the building.

13. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

14. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 2 - Orc, The Dark Tower Barad-Dûr

15. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

DAY ONE. Orc. Back and forth. Back and forth.

16. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

checkin' in Day 8 - finally Im an Uruk!!
    Urges are still high today... not easy to stay focused

17. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

That's the worst thing about nofap. When you start to feel better, such mood hits you. Then my mind begins to wonder which state is better. I compiled a list of relapse side effect and I'm gonna read it anytime I have an urge because when the urge comes - my mind goes blank. Not this time. @IveWastedMyTime stay strong. The more success stories on this forum, the better.

18. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

Thx for this information, can you share the list pls?

19. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 22 complete!

No phishing. I descidet to not look at girls profiles on facebook or linkedin at all, unless I really need to.

It’s a great tip, thank you. I will use them as least as possible.

20. Day 4. Patiently waiting to reach day 9-10. That's when I start become focused and my emotions atart stabilizing. Post that I've observed it only just becomes about getting thjngs done.

Today I'll try to take things slow and finish some work.

Prev streak record: Day 4 of 7 (No sexual Thoughts/Fantasy/ Voluntary Self Arousal/ Viewing any Triggering content)
    Just started my day. I saw the morning sunshine for the first time in so so long. It was a beautiful feeling.

Next day:
    Day 5 of 7 (No sexual Thoughts/Fantasy/ Voluntary Self Arousal/ Viewing any Triggering content)
    It was an eventful day. Full of stress, which is just another opportunity to practice further detachment from sentiments.

End if day: Quite proud of what I accomplished despite being Day 4. I should be able to get more done tomorrow. Good night!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2022