1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

yep, the addiction has some nasty tricks, that´s right. so being humble is always a good place to start and be :).

try to do something to help you regain motivation bro. read sucess stories or click the panic button, there´s always gold nuggets there ;)

2. RiseToGreatness

same answer as brother Paul. Read sucess stories and click the panic button bro. oh, and stay a bit outside, specially in nature. nature refreshes the mind and revitalizes the spirit ;)

3. Mat2401

Mat2401 Fapstronaut

Day 6 for me today.

Some urges, so have kept busy to take my mind off them. Being out of the house helps.

4. RiseToGreatness

easy bro. urges are caused by a number of reasons. fear (anxiety) is only one of them ;)

5. RiseToGreatness

Checking in Fellowship!!! :)

Good sleep last night = good energy today = good mood. eheheh, let´s rock!!!!

Being away working on some projects this morning, gonna relax and watch soccer later on, and do a workout and take a hot+cold shower ;)

Let´s rock my brothers!!!! :D

Yesterday when i was feeling like shit, i took a book from my bookshelf, and open it randomly hoping for inspiration.

The book is "the art of happiness" from dalai lama/howard cutler. in the pages that i opened Cutler asks the Dalai Lama how to overcome fear and anxiety. He said that changing one´s negative thought patterns, and replacing them for realistic ones will help reduce anxiety, as most times the events are less dramatic than we imagine.

other think, and this is the one that stroke me, is the base motivation. dalai lama says that as long as your motivation (intention) is good and sincere, fear and anxiety will be severely crippled, even if the outcome is bad.

on the contrary, if our base motivation is bad (based of selfisness, hatred, etc...) it will increase fear and anxiety, even if the outcome is as expected.

so checking and rechecking, if our motivation for the daily deeds is good, is a great way to loose fear and anxiety, and face difficult situations.

Namaste to that! ;) :D

Have a great day Fellowship!!! Checking out :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  6. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Hello everyone! Day 155 & 156 :emoji_heart:

I disagree with a few points...

First of all do not mix questioning with doubt. Questioning it's not a sin, and potentialy can bring progress. Doubt can bring sin, fear, division, distrust, etc.
    You can see this clear in the gospel: when Gabriel came to Mary to anunciate that she was going to conceive; she questioned, but she didn't doubt. In the other hand when the angel came to Zechariah, annoucing that his wife was going to conceive, he doubted and was punished by this sin.

Now, in my opinion, (even tho the video is interesting) it makes no sense to question so much free will with complicated and/or weak arguments. Of course we are "restrained" by how, where and when God decided to give us life. We obviously can't do whatever we want, because we are limited to our existence... So this makes our freedom less real, less true?

You say our way of thining and acting is the outcome of brillant (and not so brillant) minds that lived in human history... Maybe you don't know this: if we wouldn't live and be raised by other humans, we would resemble more to animals, like happened to Victor of Aveyron. So we need this "passing of knowledge" in society to be fully humans.

So... In the end doubting in this topic imo is simply lack of trust in God. It's clear that freedom exist, we are responsable for our own decitions, even if we have conditioning factors. Because if these conditioning factors were bad and big enough to make us choose badly, God would fill them with Grace and Mercy to help us choose correctly.

(By the way, i don't want to keep arguing in this topic so if you want to answer, i'll read it, but allow me to choose to not answer lol)

7. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

Day 6!
    Another day in quarentine (like 13 days left) Trying to finish the vikings series on netflix, somebody saw it? I'm in season number 4!

8. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

@nerdy_owl
    Quarantine is great for catching up with TV series. I haven't seen it. I'm watching Suits. I'll check out Vikings. I hope there's no nudity there as I don't want to break my streak :)

9. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 8

I'm pleased to be an Uruk-hai again! This morning was fairly stressful, but after practising my sermon with my Vicar I'm feeling a lot more confident for tomorrow. As the time grows nearer my nerves are returning, but I know PMO is the worst possible thing for me right now - and always will be!

10. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

You already have 103 days so for me it would be a huge loss!! Keep going!

11. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Saturday check-in

Feeling good. I've done some prayer and meditation and am preparing to head out to the gym. I did a little editing this morning.

I'm going to try to be kind of chill tonight, no alcohol, maybe do some reading for fun.

12. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Awesome post, thank you. I spend way too much time worrying about decisions and feeling bad about real or potential outcomes of a given course of action.

13. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Looks like a good day!

14. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Like for example- you have an argument with your wife but instead of being honest and speaking out your heart you agree and don't say anything or pretend to be happy just to keep the status quo at the family out of fear of falling out with your wife and possible divorce , but the stress of unexpressed unhappy feeling isn't going anywhere but turns itself into urge to look for relief of feeling some 'pleasure' and numbness of the hard feelings in PMO or MO or Hookers or some other form of lust, or alcohol ,or gambling etc. only to feel even worse in shame ,guilt and without self-respect wishing you were not born at all. What we should do in this instance is to calmly but firmly express what we think and feel about certain situation or whatever it might be and try to find some common ground about it, some compromise. But of course there are as many fears as there are people so every case would be somewhat individual.

15. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

This is a false belief that undermines your inner peace. When it matures it just stays there in perfect state and what is being produced after that starts being transformed into other bodily needs as for example into renewal of the stem cells. Don't believe stupid theories of lust promoters brother. They are devil's spawns and lies is their fathers tongue, they don't have your well-being and happiness in mind when lying to you, but want your resourses extorted from you either when you pay for the indulgence in lust or when lust ruins your body and you become a money cow for drugs companies treating the simptoms but never the causes so that they could milk you to your death.

16. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

So true.

17. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

End of day 1.
    I have not everything I wanted to do. But I did went out and socialized with new people and I had a great time and I did took care of a huge number of birocratic problems and life would be so much easier from now on.
    I've join an AP whatsap group and I hope that I got on the right pass

18. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Nice song but made me a bit sad and wanting to meditate on emptyness ...just to be , just to forget about life and all its problems.
    Checking in day 56.Is there a freedom without decisions or just a deep breath before the plunge? Is it truly freedom or chaos of the mind?
    [​IMG]

19. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

61 days.
    Checking in, all good.
    Having a nice, quiet weekend.

20. LiveLifeInABetterWay

LiveLifeInABetterWay Fapstronaut

I am checking in for day 10. It was an awesome day. I was on the road with my bike. Was very productive and now exhausted.

Have a nice one

J