1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JEBF

JEBF Fapstronaut

Checking in. Today i'm down, very down. I was studying and went to exercise my calculus, i simply could not work the question out, that's it, questions i've done before i could not solve. My brain burns like it is on fire, i feel stupid and dumb. What makes it worse is, studying is my job, if i don't perform i feel useless, if i feel useless i get all those insecurities back.

In the past it was always because of this why i relapsed, find a new subject, study it, find a question i couldn't solve, find others 20+ questions i couldn't solve, think i'm dumb, try other subject, do not understand the other subject, start to question myself, start to doubt myself, start to find ways to make the pain go away. What does make the pain go away? videogames, PMO, alcohol...

I'm pissed, i'm angry and i'm sad.

Before i never wrote this in words, today i did. Hope this time will be different.
    Let's see what tomorrow will be like.

2. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 13: Teens!

Hobbiton is within view! Getting a lot of urges and I've been falling around this point a lot lately, but I'm gonna make it.

My men's group started its webinars today, so that should keep me busy for the next couple weeks. Going to do some push-ups later!

3. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

We are STRENGTH. The reason for all of this whining is MONDAY. Suck it up :) Only four days to another weekend

4. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Thanks for this reflection - v helpful

5. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Thanks for your honesty, lots of folk seem to be going through a rough time right now - holiday period ending - new period starting - just stay with it you will be strong again. One thing that helps is reminding ourselves the bad shit never lasts, good stuff is not far away and usually the worse the bad times, the better the good times that follow - stay the course friend

6. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

Brother dont stress yourself that much -It wont help you at all!
    I can understand that you feel like that. But you are not useless.
    You are not useless as long as you work on yourself. You are not useless if you make a fault and ur not useless if you havent always the right answer. Sit down and meditate now. Try to calm down and remember all you already did so far. Say to yourself Im worthy even if I dont give 200% - Im worthy even if I dont have results all the time - Cuz your worth is something within you. Its always there and always was. I guess all we need to do is just remember. Give back yourself the power. You decide if you are worthy or not!

Stay strong!

7. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in friends - Dwarf! Need to figure out a reward for this milestone - a cask of ale maybe?

[​IMG]

Cold Shower - Yes
    Exercise - rest day
    Reflections - Read the posts here
    Procrastination - Small bit again - feel that I am useless
    Vanity - not today - I am not happy with myself as the urges to fish are strong despite all the work done this past 50 days
    Excuses - Depressing feelings are the excuse even though I know that I am just not accepting my given reality and these feelings is related the urges and the fact that I have decided to not act on them - Need to find other sources of dopamine
    Mindful Breathing - Yes
    Sleep Pattern - early to bed tonight
    Mindful Eating - not since yesterday due to visiting friends
    Personal values - I am worth something, I have value, I am not a demon who is worthless, I am a human being and I have a soul and our souls are the most precious jewels imaginable
    Freedom Fight - No
    Gollum - he is v much awake now - but he is always here regardless and he too must journey on this quest with me - we must stop numbing the pain, better to turn and "embrace it and it will make us stronger than we ever imagined. It is the greatest gift we have, born of hope,"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  8. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

You're a lucky man, count your blessings. You have a life long companion you are also attracted to, someone to journey through life with, someone to ease your loneliness, someone to share all that life has to offer with and someone you can grow with. This is also someone you can give to, someone to love, someone to make sacrifices for. Your reality is all you need - stay with the reality & be so thankful for all these invaluable, innumerable gifts - to hell with the fantasies that rob all of these gifts from you and leave you with a stinking tissue caked in discharge in exchange.

9. Day 10
    (No sexual Thoughts/Fantasy/ Voluntary Self Arousal/ Viewing any Triggering content)

10. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

It's not the love that hurts but possessiveness - desire to hold things in your grasp,to control them. If something has happened it was meant to happen and you will do good favor for yourself by learning to accept what you can't change. It's your attitude to life that makes you suffer and be unhappy. The priorities are skewered instead of living in love, joy and having good hopes and faith in them,in yourself in God's plan for you and peace that comes from it,you put your faith in the thought that something went wrong just because you don't like it and you mind throws you into regrets, looking for mistakes,diving into self-destruction to numb the pain and suffering you inflict on yourself by holding a wrong attitude without being aware of it, thinking that you are your attitude and thus unable to escape it. The good news is you are not your attitude but you have free will to choose it. Just let go of your need to be right, of trying to impose your will on others and on situations in the world. We are but cells in the Oneness of life around us and it's wrong to try to impose your will on the Oneness and be unhappy when it goes as it should go. Can you imagine a cell in your body trying to impose its will on you, on what should happen to you, on what you should do? That's just not the the way it is and that will never be it. Cell is meant to serve the body and do its will for it's the only reason and meaning for its life, its happiness, peace and satisfaction. See yourself as a body with cells serving you in your ends but at the same time see yourself as a little cell in the Oneness off life serving that Oneness. This attitude of humility will instantly fix 'what's wrong' and will make you happy and knowing what to do no matter where you are.:)
    p.s. Once the was an angel who thought that his will should be done not God's and he ended up in hell with all his buddies. don't be like the one.;)

11. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 10

Feels great to have made it to double-digits again, but I have to remain vigilant as stronger urges tend to surface soon after this milestone for me.

Had a lovely dinner with friends, was tempted to join them with cocktails but I opted for a mocktail instead - I’m not going teetotal but I wanted a dry start to the year before returning to responsible drinking. I’m valuing sleep, and specifically the deeper sleep I get when I don’t drink every few days - not only does this help my strength and energy but I’m experiencing less urges too!

12. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Congratulations brother on your bear and axe !;)
    [​IMG]

13. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Just be aware of it and carry on for it is normal when dopamine levels drop in abstinence and with reduced number of its receptors left due to over-stimulation and brains self-adjustment it makes you feel exactly that-despaired and empty, lacking something. You got to give your brain system some time to adjust itself to the low dopamine levels by increasing the number of its receptors which can be felt by starting to experience a little interest and pleasure from doing normal things as you go around your day. Try to find satisfaction in driving, in walking in just sitting , just be there , just feel the moment !;)

14. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

i think if your brain isn't working at the moment , it's a signal -sign for you to engage in something else more physical perhaps -have a walk, breath good fresh air...even gurus have days when they can't meditate and their mind is like dry leafs under the gusts of wind, just accept it as it is and look for something to make yourself feel better. Don't we all fall ill from time to time and can't perform as we used to? So what, we always get back and our health gets back too ! There are illnesses of the body and there are illnesses of the mind, be kind and patient to yourself, especially in the way you think and speak about yourself ! ;)
    You need balance, acceptance of the world and yourself as it is without forcing but gently guiding yourself on your way with love and patience.

15. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Bro, this seems like withdrawl effects, they make us feel like crap, but it's usually exaggerated and those thoughts aren't in line with reality. Try to take easy for a couple of days. After that you can get back at your normal studying routine.

16. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Checking in
    Strong urges today. Tough fight. But I didn't give in.
    They are certainly related to the bad sleep I had last night. Today I'll sleep earlier.
    The Fortify App is have been truly helpful, it contains deep wisdom and strong knowledge to help deal with urges.

17. JEBF

JEBF Fapstronaut

Thank you all for your kind words. It sure made my day easier. As i've stated, i've never written my feelings as i felt them before, today i did, and it made me realize that i need patience. You all helped me to reflect about my situation and grow from it.

I'm happy that i didn't fall back into the claws of addiction, instead, suffered and reflected upon it.

Strenght & Honor!

18. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 5

So far: cold shower, prayer, meditation, walk, healthy eating. Very lethargic with work and feeling a bit foggy and down. Yet I'm also having a bit more success in becoming more conscious of my thoughts and feelings and stopping to challenge some of the negative ones.

I woke up around 6:30 this morning with some cravings/lustful feelings. This is usually where I might collapse, but happily today I kind of rode it out and actually fell back asleep. When I woke up again, the cravings were gone.

19. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Day 63.
    All good.
    What is working: staying off social media, getting sleep, no screens before bed, no tech in the bedroom.
    Areas to improve: start working out again, keeping living areas tidy.

20. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut