1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Day 62 checking in.Caught a cold yesterday and slowly getting better. Studies for the most of the day and no cold shower :emoji_cold_sweat:
    Learning to do the right thing every time can be the best habit we can develop.Which is somewhat akin to the skill development where first we have to study, then to keep it in mind while practicing it and then practice it without thinking about it!:)

2. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 14

Nice and relaxing day - finished up college by midday and then went for a 1.5km swim, first time I’ve reached that distance since my hiatus. The day was then complicated by the resurgence of urges, I could have been moments from relapsing throughout most of the afternoon, but I had to keep asking myself why I wanted to quit PMO in the first place.

I want to be free from PMO because if and when I have a family I do not want to bring this addiction with me, not only would I consider it cheating on my wife, but I can’t bear the idea of my children going though the same struggles I have.

Had a good conversation with my flatmate yesterday about willpower - we both want to strengthen our resolve in 2022, so why not kick things off by beating an addiction! Not long until I reach the Green Dragon before continuing with my journey!

3. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Great News on facing your fears and heartfelt congratulations on being selected for the new role. Really really edifying to read life-success stories from the fellowship. So true that we are more so much more than our addicted brain wants us to believe we are. Thanks again and welcome back.

4. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Great to hear - well done - let's keep it going!

5. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

All addictions are like this, they will continue to tempt us as long as we believe that the numbing is better than reality - which it is not. When we are able to embrace reality, which you clearly must have done countless times last year, we start to become alive and being alive, rather than zombified, is what life is all about. Yes there is aloneness and wounds from our past but there is also joy, love, light and an infinite list of pleasures that we never get to experience while we are stuck in the hell of PMO. Hotel's are lethal, because they are fundamentally lonely places so get out and get some tasty food, do a tour, museum, hike, just do something nice for yourself, a reward for this superb streak and please please do not fish anymore.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  6. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in friends
    High alert - this weekend is the weekend when most cave in on their resolutions, in the run up to Blue Monday. Good news is that things get much easier again after the next 3 days. So let's dust down the trigger plans - do nice things this weekend - meet people - play a board game - breath fresh air - laugh - sing - dance - let our hair down a little - eat dark chocolate - do some home cooking like a roast - go for a very long low heart rate jog/ cycle to get those natural endorphins - hike in nature and if it's raining put on a rain coat and hike anyway - buy yourself a nice book - jump into the sea - list all the qualities you have (as per @Redemptionisrequired post above) - let's be gentle with ourselves and we will pull through!

7. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 9

Today: meditation, prayer, cold shower. Still really lethargic. Feeling a little agitated, with some slight cravings earlier today.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

8. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Checking in. Almost fell. I’m going to bed. Tired brain almost slipped.

9. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

10. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

11. Pathfinder Lazarus

Pathfinder Lazarus Fapstronaut

Forgot to check in the previous couple days, but thankfully I've been able to keep myself on the straight and narrow. Day 2 checking it!

12. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Checking in day 22, not much to report

13. LiveLifeInABetterWay

LiveLifeInABetterWay Fapstronaut

Checking in day 15 and 16. I am in hobbington now and I am starting my journey. The last two days I have been to busy visiting a friend of mine and also doing some wellness. I am happy how things work out. Eventhough I'm gonna work today and tomorrow I am looking forward to life and to learn along the way.
    Greetings
    J

til_im_free, Kairose, MS PBH and 6 others like this.
  14. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 32 complete!

I had a little bit wet dream. I am feeling less stress in work, had a good night sleep tonight. This evening I will be meeting friends late (cuz they are busy), hope to get back on sleep the next day. And I hope this is going to be a nice relaxing weekend for me and for all of you guys!

til_im_free, Kairose, MS PBH and 6 others like this.
  15. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Beware of the aftereffect of wet dream. It tends to make us somewhat absent minded for the next day or two, where we can engage in thinking or daydreaming in the middle of our daily activities. Especially dangerous when driving the car or in other activities requiring constant attention on what is going on around us.

16. Anon117

Anon117 Fapstronaut

Day 6 is done my orc friends!!

til_im_free, Slider8, Kairose and 6 others like this.
  17. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

day 2 (without PMO) - was kinda busy the last days - thats why I wasnt reporting back.
    (day 9 without O)

18. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

A question : What is the most important thing that you can do today and have you already done it?;)

19. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

Thats always a good question! Most important today (as every day for me) was my morning routine which quite extended for the last days because of the 7 days challenge I m doing.

So its now like this:
    3 min icecold shower
    3 min Meditation
    2 min gratefullness Meditation
    30 min effective body workout ( time runs only if you move)

Im on Day 6/7 now but
    This challenge is quite tough - especially the workout part to it.
    I wont recommend it if your not used to high effective relaxation exercises (progressive muscle relaxation, autogenic training, ..) if not done correctly it leads to much tiredness(what could be a significant PMO factor)- you need to eat and sleep well and always take naps when needed. But nevertheless this challenge was awesome so far. It brought me to the limits and gives me much more positivity and energy. It shows me how important frequent relaxation and listening to your body is. And daily routines and exercise!
    Stay strong evrybody - keep going !

20. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut