1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got married!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Bogor, Nov 19, 2021.

1. lardy_renewed

lardy_renewed Fapstronaut

An amazing story. I just returned to nofap today and I am really glad that I read this.
    I wish you all the success in your marriage :)

2. Bogor

Bogor Fapstronaut

No, I didn't consult any doctors or take medications, but it was a long journey to come to this point which included a lot of failures.

For me, I found that adjusting my lifestyle helped. Things like keeping myself hydrated properly throughout the day, exercising at least 4 times a week, sleeping early and waking up early etc. Bear in mind though, that our bodies are all different and if you feel that you need to consult any professionals, feel free to do so.

Dizzy Lotus likes this.
  3. Bogor

Bogor Fapstronaut

Not from Indonesia, but I lived there for some time ages ago and still holds a special place in my heart.

4. Bogor

Bogor Fapstronaut

Firstly, thanks a lot man!

For me, NoFap definitely inspired me to kickstart the whole process to recovery. There was a point in my life where I felt down and out, and was searching the internet to find any sort of help to my problem and voila! There was a whole community of people going through the same issues and it felt like a Godsend to me. Being part of a community gave me the motivation to change myself.

I wouldn't say that NoFap gave me the confidence to approach girls. I was quite content to stay single and fulfill my sexual desires on my own before, and I cringe about that now. I was introduced to my wife by a mutual friend who understood that both of us desperately needed a life partner, even though neither of us admitted it at the time.

So here are 3 things that helped me the most, in no particular order:
    1. Change your sleeping habits: I used to stay up late for absolutely no reason, fap the night away and feel absolutely worthless and crap the next day. Unless out of necessity, avoid staying up late and go to bed early. Make sure that you wake up early as well, and use your bed only to sleep and taking naps.
    2. Limit your internet usage: Personally, this one was the hardest for me. Make sure that you have a cut-off time for your internet usage. For an example, if you go to bed at 10, avoid using your phone, tablet or laptop from 9. And avoid using electronic devices on your bed. They make you lazy, waste time and more susceptible to falling for your urges. Reading a book or meditating before bed helped for me.
    3. Try your best to stay healthy: I exercise 4 or 5 times a week. I like to run in the mornings just before sunrise, but you can do whatever you want as long as it makes you break a sweat and gets your heart pumping. Make sure that you drink plenty of water during the day, as that will also keep you sufficiently full and make you avoid unnecessarily eating. Too much food makes you lazy and more easily triggered. Eat nice, full meals for breakfast and lunch, and a light dinner at least 2 hours before bed.

5. Congratulations man. Truly inspiring. Wish you happiness and the best of lucks in this new adventure.

6. Man, its really nice to see that someone on here gets marriet too. You did the right thing since she is understanding and sex outside of marriage is still fapping in my eyes and sin in Lord's eyes.

Theres really strong spiritual bond in marriage and Bible says for men to love their wifes as Christ loved us - being ready to give His life for us. Thats why devil hates marriage so much and tries to keep people away from.

I suggest you watch the movie - Before the Wrath, narrated by Kevin Sorbo. Since this movie shows importance of marriage and what it can do for you in these days. Marriage is really something super special and important.

"Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up. Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone? And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart." Ecc 4:9

7. again

again Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Great story. Well done you.

8. skull67

skull67 Fapstronaut

Congratulations brother, I am 29 years old and I truly understand your story and it almost feels like mine. I wish you all the best in life. So glad your wife understands this and not only that, you have already gotten much much better. My wife also understands this and is coping with my half ass performances in the bed.

One day I will also be in your place, totally cured of this shitty addiction. I mean sex can always come back, we can have tons of it afterwards as well, with as many women as we want to, but the time and the money that we have lost because of this addiction is incalculable and a criminal waste of time, and to compensate it, we should basically be super super selective with our time.

9. Congrats on getting married... Also Thank you for the inspiring post, especially the Ed part, it is something I quite struggle with because of this addiction, and I'm hoping to get rid of this addiction before I get married.

10. Kim96

Kim96 Fapstronaut

That is so inspiring

champion_321 likes this.
  11. Legacy of Lost Soul

Legacy of Lost Soul Fapstronaut

12. iamShinra

iamShinra Fapstronaut

Great Job, Big Guy!!

13. Excellent. Very happy for you.

14. Mahalac

Mahalac Fapstronaut

Way to go, bro.

15. onestepcloser

onestepcloser Fapstronaut

Congratulations man!
    Really happy for you

16. D-Mystifier

D-Mystifier Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing this inspirational story man : ) And a pretty quick turn around I would say. Like you, I have recently met the girl of my dreams and she has awakened something in me that actually wants to bring change to my life, which of course includes abstaining from PMO!

Some awesome insight, and may you find continued success!

17. GodWithin

GodWithin Fapstronaut

Chad quote.

spidermanfan123 likes this.
  18. BangJul

BangJul Fapstronaut

19. spidermanfan123

spidermanfan123 Fapstronaut

Trying to.

20. spidermanfan123

spidermanfan123 Fapstronaut

definitely