1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Had a wet dream tonight(3am) and dream happened in the place where it all started many years ago. If I had done this in reality it would had been a relapse. Probably it has something to do with a glass of wine I had in the evening thinking that it would help me to fight the cold but it ended up messing with my head instead, while I slept.
    There were actually 3 dreams but only the first was wet, the latter two were dry not really sure why. There was a woman involved in the second but I have a hard time to recollect any meaningful details of it, whilst the first two were of edging and MOing. All these made me feel some urges in the morning and somewhat annoyed that these things are still somewhere in mind/memory waiting for control to be loosened to enslave and abuse the mind and body.

2. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 328 no PMO. Big argument with my wife yesterday so the day wasn’t great for me. She thinks I’m grumpy all the time witch is kinda true. I need to work on ways to be happy for/around my family. I love them so much but it doesn’t show in my daily actions.

3. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

4. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Hold on brother. The way to progress is in overcoming obstacles on the path, not in returning to where we came from.:emoji_fist::emoji_pray::emoji_kissing_closed_eyes:[​IMG]We made it to 60 days and well at least we god rid of shame when looking people in the eye, and that self respect is worth fighting for, if necessary by running away, if necessary by working out. Whatever it takes to stay clean and not in shame.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  5. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

Day 14! almost a hobbit
    Still in quarantine, but today is the last day of it. Going out from my bedroom will help me to continue in this path to be the best version of myself

Keep strongh my brothers!

6. LiveLifeInABetterWay

LiveLifeInABetterWay Fapstronaut

Day 0 I am an orc, back to the beginning. Today was a long work day and at home I still had lot of things to do, I did not know where to start and also have some other decisions to take. I relapsed and felt bad afterwards. I am starting again. I am hopeful that I can learn to manage my desire to run away. I want to learn to take action and start doing some to dos on my list rather then feeling overwhelmed and relaps.
    I still have to evaluate how to get my daily things done, so that it would be rare to come in this situation again.

Thanks for walking with me in this journey.
    Greetings
    J

7. Snus9

Snus9 Fapstronaut

8. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

9. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

Still in day zero.

I’m Feeling like it’s rock bottom and knowing that there is always more to fall is just a scary thought.

Tomorrow I would face a big challenge because I’m going away to meet a friend in another city and I will sleep at a hotel there alone for one night. But on some level this is also great. I want to face myself and see if I could make it. It is sad but I feel like I need this win to gain back some respect for myself.

Today I’ve barely did the minimum to feel like a complete human. I’ve read a little bit about NoFap, I’ve went to the gym and did some chores around the house. But I still feel weak and sad. I hope that I will rise up and win tomorrow. I can still find my way into the light.

10. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 16

Relieved that my urges subsided today, did experience some unhelpful thoughts in the late afternoon but was thankfully able to dismiss them pretty quickly.

Had a few conversations today with different people about sexuality and relationships - the more I speak to others the more I’m affirmed in my decision to flee from PMO. To be clear, I would never condone PMO, but the more I see how sexuality and desire is misused in today’s culture the more I wish to set myself apart from it.

11. JEBF

JEBF Fapstronaut

Today was a hard day for me, i got several urges throughout the day, i was able to live with them and let them dissappear, but i got scared if i would be able to control myself, and i did.

I'm also very enraged by anything. Also, i almost got into a street fight today, i'm scared at how angry i was, i wasn't myself.

Maybe this is a phase of the reboot? I don't know.

12. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

13. Pathfinder Lazarus

Pathfinder Lazarus Fapstronaut

I'm in a bad spot right now, and I let myself relapse as a result. Thankfully this is also the most productive I've ever been, they say that diamonds are formed under pressure, so perhaps this will be better for me than I think. Nonetheless I have to keep moving forwards, day 0 begins anew

14. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 34 done!

a sunday with my wife, great time.

I have a question for single people who had longer streaks: when you start to feel horny, how do you deal with that, how do you let it go? Or you don’t even get horny? Or you always live in a certain state of hornyness.

15. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

No, it looks like you are continuously involve in something depleting which in turn causes those fits of anger, impatience and irritability that you have.
    What is your normal exercise pattern?...and do you regularly have sex with your partner? How often?

16. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

What benefit(s) do you get(or ever thought you were getting) from pmo? Is it true?

17. djc4ku

djc4ku Fapstronaut

Checking in, Day 12

Been flatlining the last few days and don't know how to feel. Expecting this week to be harder but will take it day by day.

18. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 14 - Uruk-Hai, The Dark Tower Barad-Dûr

19. JEBF

JEBF Fapstronaut

I workout every day, these past 2 days i did not went to the gym... maybe that's build up energy. I do not have sex regularly.

Have you experienced such anger?

20. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

What do you do and how hard do you work out? Is there a specific purpose for your workout or is it just for general fitness?