1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Journal Day 1

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Jake Barnes

Jake Barnes Fapstronaut

(Please forgive me if this is not how I should use this group.)
    I used PMO last night, but I have been clean today. I am feeling fine. It has been a while since I last abstained from PMO to fall asleep, so I am sure tonight will be a bit of a struggle. But right now, I feel confident that I will stay clean. I appreciate that these forums exist, and I'll check in with you all tomorrow on our progress.

Respectfully,
    Jake

2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Welcome to the group. I know exactly how you feel. Once I realized the seriousness of the sin of lust, I wanted to stop committing it and based on my weakness, I was often fearful that I would be powerless in preventing myself from committing the sin again.

I found this quote today, I hope it is helpful to you and all of us. "Man cannot live without joy; therefore when he is deprived of true spiritual joys it is necessary that he become addicted to carnal pleasures." St. Thomas Aquinas. How incredibly well these words from the 13th century describe my own experiences today.

Tao Jones and Jake Barnes like this.