1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Accountability for All

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by corylife, Dec 22, 2019.

1. On_The_Way

On_The_Way Fapstronaut

Day 35

#total_new_habits = 8
    #days_of_new_habits = 6/40

So let me again try to re-frame my problem so that perhaps a solution comes out .. I like to be grateful with what I have .. that is one .. I also like to aspire for sth and work for it badly .. that is two .. at face value, the two points seem a bit contradictory .. so if I am grateful with what I have, does this mean I should not work for sth more? .. okay here is one point against this .. I think one side of being grateful for what I have is to employ my skills, my time, .. etc in sth useful efficiently and not leave our gifted abilities to wither away .. I was once curious of what lies behind the "panic button" .. they keeping changing what is lying behind it .. which is good .. but man there was a video of a speaker .. I do not know him .. I never heard him before but he spoke to my heart really .. he said imagine when you are on deathbed and all your skills are personified in front of you and telling you "why did you let us die? why did not use us? why did you let that addiction break you? you know you could have done better" .. that video .. these words went into the long term memory .. I hope I can find this video again .. back to my point .. what you do not use will die .. these skills are muscles .. and strong muscles mostly stay strong with exercise .. so being content with what I have and working for more are not contradictory .. so simply what I have will basically either grow or diminish ... I choose growth .. Now the next point is not to care about the results .. to be content only with the effort .. I think we can easily connect it to the gratitude .. here is a baseline of gratitude: as long as I am using what I have and I am putting my best effort out there in what I am doing .. I should not care about the results .. again .. as long as I am using what I have and I am putting my best effort out there in what I am doing .. I should not care about the results .. some people have more .. know more .. can more .. reach more .. do more .. that is normal .. as long as they have the capability, they have to .. otherwise their skills and gifts die .. that is why we only compare ourselves to ourselves of yesterday, last week, last month, last year and decade .. we are not in competition with anyone .. we are only in competition with ourselves .. everyone is struggling some way or another .. and I should focus on mine ..

"Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair"

[/QUOTE]

2. On_The_Way

On_The_Way Fapstronaut

I was in a really bad state for 4 months (constantly relapsing and binging) until end of that past Decemeber .. I decided to use NoFap .. what helped really here are the journals in the forum .. the stories man .. real stories .. how this addiction affected lives was frightening .. and somehow also inspiring when you see from where the people started and where they went after few months .. it is amazing really !! .. Go read some stories from there .. mostly the ones with the highest views are that ones I am talking about .. Goodluck!! .. I found this picture when I pressed "panic button" and then "relapsed" .. they put good stuff there .. check it out Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 21.55.42.png

3. Da Victi

Da Victi Fapstronaut

Day 0 again.
    I need to do a media fast. Also because there are a lot of things I want to do but never find time for.

It's possible right now, so let's make it real!

for 10 days: no online entertainment, no online news or online radio, no social media and no surfing

I will use the internet only for the following things:

• E-Mails
    • work-related and for to-do's
    • learning
    • listening to music

corylife, keplerb and TheBluePrint like this.
  4. Day 6
    I have a lot going on right now, getting set up with college while working full time and planning out the next decade to try to get a degree. I admit that all of it is intimidating, I am working through my fears as I brace my nerves for the future.

5. higor pereira araujo

higor pereira araujo Fapstronaut

6. ThisSideThatSide

ThisSideThatSide Fapstronaut

7. keplerb

keplerb Fapstronaut

I would also suggest to have an Ap who you could talk to after you relapse. It will help you too think positive , ignore what happened and learn from your mistake.

But the most important thing is to not think about the relapse, guilt tripping . You did a good job for 4 weeks, gr8 now is the time to push forward , not backward.

8. Spreadlove

Spreadlove Fapstronaut

In the past 93 days I have:

* PMO'd 5 times but not fully relapsed
    * MO'd 1 time but not fully relapsed
    * Averaging 15.5 days on strict PMO nofap
    * 33 days straight nofap streak so far

9. blacktea

blacktea Fapstronaut

10. OMINI MAN

OMINI MAN Fapstronaut

11. CONTRAS

CONTRAS Fapstronaut

12. NeverGiveUP...

NeverGiveUP... Fapstronaut

Day 11 ✔️

56 hours work on my goals in this week(17 JAN-23 JAN).
    Today put fuckin' 13 hours in work.
    Stay hard.
    Enjoy the hell.

13. WantsToQuit2021

WantsToQuit2021 Fapstronaut

14. AD amazing

AD amazing Fapstronaut

Day 1 in the list!! Feeling good, today completed my work and also enjoyed the day.

15. Day 24 of No PMO today
    Having a good day. Hope you guys are doing well
    Keep walking, keep improving
    Thanks,
    M

16. corylife

corylife Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

have not relapsed.. but i feel like ive fell into a depression again..

AD amazing, keplerb, blacktea and 3 others like this.
  17. widdendreampenguin

widdendreampenguin Fapstronaut

18. On_The_Way

On_The_Way Fapstronaut

Day 36

#total_new_habits = 8
    #days_of_new_habits = 7/40

Interesting day .. I am not sure but I think huge changes are taking place in my brain .. how do I know? .. I have been doing this for around 15 years .. whenever there is a breakthrough moment, most of the time it is preceded by headaches, tiredness, emotional swinging, paranoid thoughts like what our brother @Astronaut10 is suffering from .. I just have to tolerate it until it passes .. and try to get good sleep .. so today I won't write much .. I will go get some good sleep

"Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair"

[/QUOTE]

corylife, AD amazing, keplerb and 3 others like this.