1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lonliness isnt painful or bad

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Infidel.48, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Infidel.48

Infidel.48 Distinguished Fapstronaut

Loneliness isnt even an emotion , like anger and lust, it really depends on how you react to it. Its a state.

Its due to popular media that influences such ideas, that Loneliness is sad ,depressing and painful. It doesn't rally need to be.

I used to be sad about being lonely because of the pandemic ,and I read this book , and stop being sad, and depressed.
    You can enjoy being lonely just like you enjoy other's company.

Whats missing is that you dont know how to fill the void left after you are with other people and then you feel "lonely".

I read a book called
    Positive Solitude.
    Yeah, its bold now

2. AlexFightsAlex

AlexFightsAlex Fapstronaut

The problem that I see is when loneliness is a chronic state. At the end, we are social beings, it's in our nature. We need to feel connection with someone. That said, I think that to be alone with your thoughts every now and then is really good.

Fantareality and im_done like this.
  3. ronney

ronney Fapstronaut

Yeah, nothing wrong with loneliness. Some people are considered powerful, because they can sit alone in a room for a long time alone, and not lose their minds. To me that always came naturally and when I first heard that sentence, I laughed because i thought it was ridiculous. But then I got to know some people who really couldn't be alone for a single moment, and saw that it can really be a gift if you have been lonely and have learned to cope with it, one way or another.

But it's also good not to suppress the need to communicate with other people, since that need can be the driving force for you to go out and explore the world, meet new people. If you deny that need, you will most probably feel this emptiness, which some people mix up with loneliness or solitude. I think everybody needs time spent with other people and time spent alone. Those who spend no time alone, are likely very shallow people.

Fantareality and AlexFightsAlex like this.