1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling worthless and beta asf

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Since some days I cannot stop feeling worthless. I feel worthless in my job place where everybody treats me like i do nothing (i work hard but I'm 23 and still learning).

I feel worthless in family where everybody treats me like a 5 y/o baby.

I feel worthless because I have no friends and nobody seems to want to be my friend.

I feel worthless because I have never been good with girls and I think I will never. I feel like I have nothing to offer. No good looks, no money, no personality, no game, no status, no tall height, no hobbies.

I try to look at all these youtube PUA masters and alpha male coaches that says you got to be alpha and masculine but I just feel like a beta loser.

Have you ever feel that way? What did you do to feel better?
    Thank you

2. ronney

ronney Fapstronaut

I have very much the same kind of feelings as you do, and know that they hurt like hell deep inside.

Sometimes feeling worthless just makes you want to end it all, but every time those thoughts have come to me after a while they have also passed.

It is, I believe, a sort of a trap our mind has gotten stuck in. Frankly, I'm not even sure how to fully escape it.

But there is something in your post that struck me... Your sense of worthlessness seems to come from things that are exogenous, and by that I mean that it's related to your career, social- and romantic etc. But just to spice things up a bit, ask yourself, are you worthless to yourself?

I'm sure those alpha male masters can teach you a lot on how to game the system and climb the social ladders, but even if you manage to follow their steps, you will just be a miserable dude with a girl you're only attracted to because of her body.

What is your worth to yourself? What can you do to or with yourself to make you feel good? (not PMO obviously!) I know it might be hard at first to think like that when you are not conditioned to do so, but small things can lead to huge outcomes.

Just today, as I'm going through a flatline and feeling depressed, I decided that fuck it, I'm not going to care about what others think about me. I will go take a walk, because the sun was shining and it usually cheers me up. Simple things, you see, but compared to how I was before going on the walk, crying on my floor, I'm now feeling not so bad. I didn't need approval from others to do what I wanted, and I had no expectations when going for a walk, like am I going to meet some girl out there and then make a fool out of myself and so on...

Instead of getting an interesting hobby to impress a girl, start doing something that stokes that fire inside you (I know it is there, it might not be burning so hot, but even a tiny spark can light it up again).

Instead of getting social skills to play with some poor girl's heart, learn social skills to make the world a better place, in a way that feels comfortable and exciting to you.

Instead of using the word "no" to list what you don't have, use it firmly and say it when you don't want to agree with something: "No, I don't need your acceptance right now to feel good" "No, now is not a good time." and so on.

Here are a few things that came to mind from your message, thanks for being an inspiration, my friend.

3. Thanks to you my friend, your words are truly uplifting. I always tell myself to not look at others but it is so hard. Everybody Gets together, everybody Gets friends and fun times. It is hard for an extroverted person like me to be lonely and sometimes even Angry because I do not feel normal.
    I will try not to overthink and just mind my own business.

Thanks very much my friend

4. ronney

ronney Fapstronaut

If even one of my words uplift you, I become happy, thanks for letting me know.

The difficulty of avoiding overthinking is hard to overcome, it has bothered me a lot and still does. One thing that helps is not fighting your own mind too much, but just trying to be present and accepting what you think, but not succumbing to the chain of thoughts that usually come, like for example: Other people have are having fun -> I am alone -> there is something wrong with me -> I am worthless -> I must fap to feel good again. What helps here is when you notice that other people have fun, just accept it, don't make any conclusions about it.

I wish you all the best, and hope that you will find the love of your life: yourself, and treat him like he deserves.

5. grooviest-man-alive

grooviest-man-alive Fapstronaut

Hey bro that Alpha/Beta stuff is pseudoscience, designed to make you feel inadequate so that people can sell you things. You're just a regular guy and that's totally okay.

Your relationships at work and with your family aren't a done deal - keep communicating and being kind, even if it's difficult.

Try to let other people distract you from thinking about yourself - your feelings of worthlessness are obviously unhealthy and it's likely that they inhibit your social interactions. Try to think about the worth you can see in the people you meet - it might unwrap you from worrying about yourself.

Keep on keeping on, my dude

6. GodWithin

GodWithin Fapstronaut

1. Gym.
    2. Shut the fuck up, please. No, really! Stop talking negative shit about yourself. That way you'll wake up feeling worthless everyday and by age 40 you'll commit suicide. Don't!
    Tell yourself that you CAN and you ARE good! At what? YOU WILL FIND OUT! Go to gym, read, learn, do crazy shit you enjoy!
    My father died months ago and I realised one thing - I'm not going to waste ANY days of my life. Yes, I might as well lay in bed and watch tik toks for hours, yet I will do push ups, play guitar, do something! Everyday just do something!
    Start with making your bed! You'll be useful for your bed. Then do push-ups! You'll be useful for your body! Read, run, meditate, pray! WHATEVER! JUST DO SOMETHING!
    And alpha males? FUCK THEM! Lion doesn't have to tell everyone that it's a lion! It's just being a lion and that's it! All these "alpha" males want you to buy their programs, stupid products and just earn quick buicks on views. Don't support them - be yourself ;)

williamwilson, biglouiii and ronney like this.
  7. GodWithin

GodWithin Fapstronaut

And do not try to please anyone! DON'T!

williamwilson and ronney like this.
  8. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Alpha/Beta is called a false dichotomy. There’s many different types of men. We’re not dogs. We’re individuals. Stop thinking about your weaknesses and focus on your strengths. Everybody has something of value to add.

GodWithin likes this.
  9. Gar Funkle

Gar Funkle Fapstronaut

I feel worthless in family where everybody treats me like a 5 y/o baby.

You and your family have a history of each other. If they have treated you this way for most of your life it is because they know you as such. If you physically and mentally mature they will change too in their views.

I feel worthless because I have no friends and nobody seems to want to be my friend.

Recently I had left a friend group due to me not only realizing they were not true friends but also I grew bored of who they were and what my relationship was to them.
    People will come in and out of your life, you cant force people to like you. What you can do is learn and make yourself into someone who is liked. Dont bother with trying to force people into liking you in the end they will leave you. With time you will find that friend, you just have to be open to want them in your life.

I feel worthless because I have never been good with girls and I think I will never. I feel like I have nothing to offer. No good looks, no money, no personality, no game, no status, no tall height, no hobbies.

Well then get some money, personality, game, status, and hobbies? You answered everything you need to do so do it.

I try to look at all these youtube PUA masters and alpha male coaches that says you got to be alpha and masculine but I just feel like a beta loser.

If you believe those people are being serious when they talk about that stuff, you haven't realized they are a brand. Terms like that used to be helpful in the caveman age, nowadays its much better to just be a good person with good values. Again, don't bother with these people and feel with what you believe yourself.

Have you ever feel that way? What did you do to feel better?

To go back a few years, I was chronically addicted to PMO and the entire cycle that is with it. Days, weeks, months, and even years of my life have been erased. For so long I have been surrounded by people and environments that relate me back to who I was not who I could be. Only now have I realized that I was using PMO to practically kill myself and who I was. No one in my life cared or noticed, I never hid anything and all my intentions and red flags were layed out. If only one person had reached out and honestly investigated who I was they would've known how far off the deep end I was and how badly I was living.
    No one saved me, this is not some Hollywood story and its not a story of boy meets girl and boy becomes his full self. I had plenty of moments in which I could've honestly had a full fledged relationship with girls. Though it was never something I wanted because I was miserable with who I was, and how ashamed I had felt about who I was.
    What started to honestly make me feel better was self reflection, people do not care about you or me or anyone. In the past maybe even just a few decades ago we would be able to care for each other much better but nowadays in our hyper individualistic egomaniac world. We have to save ourselves from ourselves. So that is what I did.
    I am now capable of self control, I now feel better and I now know an idea of who I want to be.

Hope you find peace and control in your life soon.

ronney likes this.
  10. Those men who do those videos ARE Betas. They are weak cowardly bullies who hide behind false bravado. They use cheap tricks to get women to sleep with them. They elevate only themselves while putting others down. They are clouds of negativity. Incels are the most extreme example.

An true Alpha is a man who helps others. He engages in sex for love not a contest. He uses strength -physical and emotional- for good. He is a happy guy that treats life like an adventure not a grind. He treats money,clothes or a healthy body as a byproduct of his success and not a weapon to show off to buy women or friends. They surround themselves with positive people and ignore negative people that are detrimental to themselves and others.

Food for thought. If you can recognize yourself with these traits.

jarvyjarvison likes this.