1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JEBF

JEBF Fapstronaut

You better shut up these thoughts you're having! Choose to be unbreakable like our colleague said up top.

Do not let these thoughts creep on you, they will become stronger by the minute if you don't take it out by it's roots. Strenght & Honor bro!

2. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

3. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 174 - end

Another day free of PMO. Growing every second, by choosing to be unbreakable.

Congratulations @Red Riot wise words my friend.

4. Anon117

Anon117 Fapstronaut

Back to being an orc. Day 1.

5. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

If it's not too extended then sometimes periods of isolation are not only healthy, but needed. I only relate to this one girl I work with, other than that others are becoming increasingly alien to me.

Maybe the old you just belonged to a different crowd?

6. Day 5 complete.

Posts have been a bit sporadic for this streak, trying to adjust to a new class schedule for a new semester. Haven't been getting as much sleep as I'd like, either, but so far so good. I had an urge tonight while slogging through some dull reading, but I had the grace to immediately call upon my guardian angel.

For a couple days the thought has been planted in my head to peek at this one specific thing. So far I've resisted and I hope to keep doing so. If a streak gets tarnished, then knowing my history it might as well be dead. I've been consistently lately about just making it to 7 or 8 days and then relapsing. I'm setting good habits now so that I can be strong for a few days later.

Sts. Timothy and Titus, pray for us!

7. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 44 finished.

My wife is visiting her sister in the capital for a few days. It’s a good opportunitu to sleep more. Her being around always interfears with my sleeping plans. Wifes require a lot of time :D. I can only imagine how much time will be spent on children.

8. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

9. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

2 days
    Corngratulations on reaching 70 days @ListenPaul , you came so far, now is not the time to give up
    @Red Riot omg you've made it! Huge congratulations, very inspiring :emoji_heart:

10. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

The march forward is a difficult one; the march back is harder. Your butter will if anything be stretched even further. The way is forward.

11. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Relapsed on PMO. Was peaking again and one thing led to the other. My no pmo streaks are getting longer and stronger, its the peeking habit that really needs to go away as it starts from there.
    Not feeling down however, i see progress even in failure and am hopeful.

Day 0 - Nazgul,
    The Dark Tower Barad-Dûr

12. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

13. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 4

The theme of today has been “Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai.” I sometimes enjoy turning to the wisdom of the ancients and getting a window into times long gone. I think I am often not content with the era I’m living in. It feels like a bizarre middle ground; we’re just far enough to be more removed from the natural way of things then we ever have been (and thus are becoming unhealthy), yet not far enough to be in cool futuristic times. With that being said those of bygone eras do seem to have plenty of their own follies. I suppose you must take what is useful to you and discard the rest when it comes to any text…

One thing I don’t understand about the Samurai so far as I’m listening to this audio-book is why they would want to spend their life in servitude to a lord. Moreover they seemed to have had pride in it. I have a natural hatred of authority, so I find it hard to relate and harder to respect. What do I know about life in ancient Japan though? They’d have probably cut me down! I'm sure being a Samurai took a level of discipline and dedication that I should not take light. It also seems like the book was written during an era of peace and that the author had no actual combat experience himself, but clearly longs for a time he never got to see. I actually forgot that he was supposed to be a Samurai through much of it and pictured more of a Monk. I guess it stands to reason the Samurai were in a state of decay.

I started working on a set of crypto conference videos. Even just the first one is almost 7 hours and there are at least a few of them. I was going to slack and only watch an hour and a half, but I made myself watch more. It’s really important that I understand the ecosystem in question as at this point it’s undeniable that it’s a better investment than anything else on the market. I am going to have to stop collecting what I am and go %100 into this ecosystem at this point. My main interest is passive income at this point and this seems to answer that.

I am still feeling the weight of tiredness. I think it actually might be worse today, but it seems to be an early streak thing. I do feel much more energized after eating late however. I really have to get my meal times sorted though as I need energy earlier, not later.

I want more energy so I can push myself further. Right now the goal is to get to Hobbit. I can conquer the world later, right? There is a time and a place. I must first cut the link of the chain that I am on. I will also put greater effort into finishing the conference videos if I am going to be sedentary.

14. Day 6.
    I felt sad whole day. This is what relapse does.

Starting now I'm engaging in:
    (No sexual Thoughts/Fantasy/ Voluntary Self Arousal/ Viewing any Triggering content)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2022
  15. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

@Red Riot nice work on making it to 500!!!

Day 339 no PMO. Good day. Got outside and walked quite a bit and listened to a good book and also some good music. Sun was shining.

16. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

17. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

18. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

day check
    I did not bring the cell phone with me at night , the urge appears as always but this time was different cause i don't have the way to reach even a little look.
    So it works!, reinforced that weak point.
    [​IMG]
    Reaching the 360 days this year.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  19. Warthog

Warthog Fapstronaut

Checking in today. It was really tough! I found some undeleted p*** on my laptop. I wont lie to you it gave me a big shock and I came really close to giving in. My brain was screaming, F*ck it just do it! But I didn`t! I conquered my intense desire to PMO. Pretty proud of myself, I know today will be tough to stay away but I´m pretty sure if I stay strong the next few days I´ll be back on the right track.

20. Snus9

Snus9 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Still in quarantine..
    Streak is going great. For me it really really helps with a fresh start - like a new year and new place. So the fact that I moved to a complete different city in a fresh year is my key. Starting new job next week :)

Not sure what day I am on to be honest :p I feel like I'm just cruising and I don't even think about my day count